Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2006, 04:43 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
REMINDER! REMINDER! REMINDER!

If you took photos at National, PLEASE burn to a cd and mail to me so I can add them to the Official 06 National Rally photo CD that I'll be working on!

Send me a PM or email to sandycreek@ev1.net to get my mailing addy!

As soon as everyone gets their pics and I sort through them all by day/event, I'll burn a copy for every attendee of this year's National!

Sandy

Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2006, 07:37 AM   #16
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
If you took photos at National, PLEASE burn to a cd and mail to me so I can add them to the Official 06 National Rally photo CD that I'll be working on!
Sandy,

A CD with 155 pictures on it is in the mail to you.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:12 AM   #17
Administrator Emeritus

Glad everyone is home safe for the most part and hoping those folks in the accident are ok...

I'm roughing it in a hotel in downtown Knoxville, have a rental car and hopefully will get on the road late tomorrow,heading for originally scheduled service appointment in Wilmington, NC.

Sandy, I will burn a cd of 100 or so pic on Thursday at the earliest, when I can get back to the desktop...

God bless and safe travels.

Again....THANKS TO ALL THE 2006 RALLY COMMITTEE and to everyone that helped my family have a great time....My silly daughter wanted to go home with Michelle, Bill and the kids...They had a BLAST too!!

Bob
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:04 PM   #18
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

I arrived home around 3:30 Pm Sun. Safe and sound!! Sorry about your trouble BOB, glade you had Hitchhiker by your side!! Thanks to all for such a great Rally!!!! Looking forward to many, many, many more!!!! Was great to see old friends as well as making new ones!!!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 01:47 PM   #19
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
All home safe and sound arrived Sunday noon over nighted in rest area in Penn.
Thanks for the great rally 2nd one hope to attend many others. Good food, good friends old and new couldn't be better.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:47 PM   #20

Nor'easters Club
Hi Everyone

WoW we had a GREAT TIME - sorry to see it end. Thanks to all who made this Rally possible. You Guys did a Great job.

We stopped overnite on Saturday with Al and Macadoo and June at the Candy Hill Campground in Winchester, Va. (and everyone talks about how small the campgrounds in NJ are. These sites were the smallest I ever saw) Got home around 5pm on Sunday and came to the realization that I now have to be at work on Monday. Oh well.

Judy and I are looking foward to going to Branson. Can't wait to see everyone again next year.
Jersey Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:09 PM   #21

Texas Boomers Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Well after reading about Bob losing his cool (i.e. fan) I don't feel so bad about our right front tire blowing out on the camper about 120 miles from home. We had completed about 390 miles from the rally and could smell home when we heard the tire go. Nancy was driving and had no problem getting the rig over to the shoulder of the road. The Good Sam's Roadside Assistance program has us back on the road in two hours.

Kenda the tire manufacturer will pay a prorated amount towards the new tires and all of the repair cost of the Cardinal. The camper has minor damage to the "fender area" and the running lights.

BTW--The rally was super! We met a lot of nice people and had a good time. We will be sure to attend more irv2 rallys (local and national) in the future.

Nancy
ncason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:14 PM   #22

Hi everyone

June and I got home about 3 pm on Sunday much to the joy of our cat.

We want to thank all that made a great time possible. Thanks to Al, Jersey Bob, and Tom
for watching over us and letting the old guy sing along with the 'Ol Possum' on Friday night.
I couldn't tell if the straight laced couple left because they didn't like George Jones or my singing. Hoping to make Branson.

2004 Adventurer 33V
macadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:34 PM   #23

Bill and Nancy -

Sorry to here of your misfortunes. Alex was just wondering if you had made it home. We arrived home safely and uneventful late Saturday evening (9:00pm).

We really enjoyed the rally and especially our neighbors from the minute we arrived! You two were GREAT!

We met a lot of new friends (Walt and Noreen) and fellow IRV2 members. We're looking forward to future rallies (especially if they're giving away TV's)

Terry, Rita and Alex
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill & Nancy:
Well after reading about Bob losing his cool (i.e. fan) I don't feel so bad about our right front tire blowing out on the camper about 120 miles from home. We had completed about 390 miles from the rally and could smell home when we heard the tire go. Nancy was driving and had no problem getting the rig over to the shoulder of the road. The Good Sam's Roadside Assistance program has us back on the road in two hours.

Kenda the tire manufacturer will pay a prorated amount towards the new tires and all of the repair cost of the Cardinal. The camper has minor damage to the "fender area" and the running lights.

BTW--The rally was super! We met a lot of nice people and had a good time. We will be sure to attend more irv2 rallys (local and national) in the future.

Nancy
small5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:00 PM   #24
Administrator Emeritus

We are thankful for Innovative's donation of the television and look forward to the 2007 Rally, where I'll be sure and come up with something equally as impressive for a raffle grand prize....

The bar has been set....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:43 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just like to say we got back late yesterday, with no problems.

Met some great new friends, renewed some old friendships and still did not meet everyone at the rally. One of these days I'm going to make it all the way around to everyone!

Kris and I stopped at the Crater of Diamonds on the way home to find her retirement, she decided to let it mature longer in the ground, (talk about a setup, people pay money to play in the dirt ).

Bob, sorry to hear about your troubles, hope the best for you on the new rig. We had the tread come off the right rear tire of the toad in Arkanas, but a trucker alerted us before it went down, so we were able to avoid any serious problems.

Best to all, great rally, Don as I told you before we left, once again a great job.

Catch y'all down the road,

Best,
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:38 AM   #26
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We, too, made it home late Sunday, safe, sound & with no issues other than a slight traffic slowdown (for no good reason) less than an hour from home port.

Not to sound like a broken record, but thanks to Don, Sandy & all that made the rally in the Great Smokey Mountains truely GREAT!

I look forward to seeing everyone's pictures.
L-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 06:53 PM   #27
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Ahhhhhh home sweet home, all good things must come to an end and so our trip has ended. Cheri got back to Arizona at 709 PM Mountain time to
Mesa. It was a great 19 days and 4661 miles, After getting new tires in TN. before we left the rest of the trip was super. If everything goes good this year we will try and make it next year...... don said it was closer, we traveled over 2000 miles to TN. and its only 1400 to Branson.

It was great seeing everyone again, be safe on all your trips.