Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-22-2006, 02:15 PM   #1
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Sylvia and I made it home safe and sound from the rally about 3PM today after a leisurely drive of about 120 miles. We stopped for 3 hours on I-81 near the TN mile marker 13 to help a fellow iRV2 member who had broken down with engine problems.

I hope and pray that each and everyone has a safe journey, many will be on the road for several days. Let us know as you get home and how your trip was.

'11 GMC Acadia SLT AWD
'11 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Extended Cab
Hitchhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2006, 04:04 PM   #2
Administrator Emeritus

Originally posted by Hitchhiker:
We stopped for 3 hours on I-81 near the TN mile marker 13 to help a fellow iRV2 member who had broken down with engine problems.
A HUGE hearfelt thank you, from the "fellow member with engine problems" and his family, to one of the nicest couples we've ever met AND a fellow iRV2'er to boot.
Lori and Adrienne have decided to hang here outside of Knoxville with me until Monday morning when the wrecker picks the rig and I up and takes us to Knoxville Cummins.

For those that missed the excitement, I had the main radiator cooling fan spin off the shaft on I-81 this morning and we were towed to a campground til Monday....Rig will make it to Cummins on Monday, they're thinking parts overnighted and rig fixed on Tuesday as the worst case scenario.... Newmar has been wonderful,will pick up hotel and rental car costs for me...

Talked to Warpath.....he, Islapp and Joe-K made it to the Gorge.

God bless everyone and stay safe out there.... remember that even the worst day RV'ing beats that 9-5 stuff!!

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:17 PM   #3
iRV2 Marketing
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I would like to report that all is well and we made it home about 6:00pm. Traffic on the 501 from I-95 going into the beach was backed up something fierce. We enjoyed the trip "downhill" from the mountains and it went a lot better southbound that northbound.

The traffic started breaking up just after Aynor and the road opened up to its usual packed condition but moving.

It was great meeting all those people that I hadn't met before and I want to personally thank all the committee members that worked this event. I also want to thank Richard and Don for doing a swell job with this year's rally.

Madame Boomer from Texas was indispensable in putting together those great potluck events. Totally awesome and I also want to thank all the members that took the time to prepare and brought all that great food to the potlucks.

One thing I will remember fondly is nice plaque for being a past Wagonmaster that I recieved. It was big surprise and I certainly do appreciate the thought that went into recognizing all the past Wagonmasters. Now my task is to catch up to Don. He's got 2 plaques.

I'm hoping that perhaps we can revisit the "beach" in 2008. We'll see how all of that works out.
03 Adventurer 38G, Workhorse W22
F&R Track Bars, Safety+ , Ultrapower, Taylor Extremes, SGII
TST 507, Blue Ox, SMI, Koni FSD, CrossFire
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:17 PM   #4
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Camilla and I made it home at 6:30 PM today. It took us 9 1/2 hours. Sorry to hear about rebelsbeachs problem. I hope they can get you going quickly.
Thanks to everyone that had a hand in planing this years rally. We had a very good time and look foward to next year already.
Best wishes to everyone who are still on the road. I hope you all have a safe trip.

Bill and Camilla
Bill & Camillla
Thor Four Winds 31L Class C and Jeep Liberty
WA4SLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:06 PM   #5
Appalachian Campers
Geez Bob I hope your luck with the coach turns around soon. Glad to hear that Newmar is taking good care of you.

Hope all goes well for all of you from here on out.
2001 Travel Supreme 36'

Tow 2001 PT Cruiser
Colette and Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 07:12 PM   #6
We are home got here about 1:15 CST.

Tom & Gayle
01 Sunnybrook 33 BWS

00 Chevy 2500 6.0L 3.73
Sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:52 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Got home a couple of hours ago after a stop in W. Va. at River Gorge last night as Rebelsbeach mentioned.
Back to reality now I guess!!
I had a great time and I hope you all did too.
See you next year.
Mike And Debbie- Northeast Ohio
2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost engine- SWEET!!
2011 Jayco Eagle 322FKS TT
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:59 PM   #8
First, let me say thank to all of you who made this a great rally. We stopped at a Yogi campground in Maryland last night and made it home today around 3 pm. You guys are the best.We had a good time,well worth the drive.I wish I could have met more,but we were very busy with all that the area had to offer.My son will never forget the monster truck ride at the entrance to the park.This group of ours always comes though. Food highlight for me were the asian salad,Don's jambalaya,biscuits and gravy.I could live off of that stuff.Living up North doesnt help my southern appetite.

Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:29 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Howdy Yall from my "Radio Room" at home.

We drove thru rain of and on yesterday. After gettin fuel in Bessimer, AL I decided call it a day. The next exit South from "The hook" had a campground.

Ate supper at a café about 1/4 mile from the campground that had SUPER Seafood. (Yes I was surprised to fine GREAT seafood in Bessimer, AL)

After getting back to the rig the "Sleep Monster" really jumped on me. I was in bed asleep before 2000 hrs. (8pm) I did not realize how TIRED I really was.

Hit the road again this morning around 0900 hrs. Had a good "Sit down meal" at Mike Anderson's in Hattisburg, MS. (Another FINE meal) (9am)

Pulled into the big metropolis of Greenwell Springs, LA around 1600 hrs (4pm) safe and sound.

Now back to the grind...
Don Fauntleroy (W5IT) 99 F-350 Cab and Chassis with a Herrin Hauler bed now towing a 2006 3612 DS Raptor Toyhauler. 2002 and 2006 National Rally Wagonmaster.
"Words of Wisdom"
Don (W5IT) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:59 PM   #10
Coastal Campers
By the time we realized it was Rebelsbeach on the side of the road we were well past him.. but also noticed Hitchhiker was there so knew help had arrived.. Sorry to hear of the new motor home fan issues, hope Knoxville Cummins takes care of it..

Stopped in Wythville for the evening and then saw family in Roanoke Sunday... home to Fairfax about 1700..

Thanks to all for a great week...
Jeanie & Joe

2006 "Collector Edition" Arctic Fox 24-5N
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:41 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Hi Everybody -

I think we're the first Texans to get back to home soil! We pulled in the driveway this afternoon after driving 1000+ miles in two days!

We were detained for a l-o-n-g while between Knoxville and Nashville due to a VERY BAD ACCIDENT that actually brought traffic to a standstill (both lanes westbound) for more than 6 hours! We happened upon it shortly after it happened and only one lane was open. However the Allens were stuck in a rest area for hours while they blocked both westbound lanes to get the vehicles out of the ravine.

The Coffmans are home too and the Allens will be home on Monday - the rest are headed to other parts of the country!

<span class="ev_code_RED">Thanks for a week of wonderful memories of a Great National Rally! It was so good to see old friends and make new ones this trip that we look forward to seeing in Branson! </span>

Going Places - Making Friends - Having Fun

PS: Rebelsbeach - sorry to hear of your troubles, but thankful all can be fixed and ya'll are safe!
2000 - Texas Boomers Wagonmaster - 2016
2004 & 2008 iRV2 National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:51 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
We made it home about 6:00 pm this evening. We stopped early on Saturday as many of the campgrounds we called further north in Virgina were full. We ended up stopping in Natural Bridge.

As good as it feels to get home, we were sorry to leave. It was one of the hottest weeks we were ever out camping in, but it was still great to be with such a great group of people. The venues were so much fun. The rally committee did a fantastic job. I know how much work it is.

Glad things are coming together for you Bob. Yes Newmar does take care of their customers which is what makes it such a pleasure to own one.
John, Joyce & Libby the Yellow Lab. - Fulltime since `08

2005 Kountry Star FW-35LKSA by Newmar
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 05:45 PM   #13
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry to have left so early Sat morn with out saying good-by to our new friends. My wife's mother was celebrating her 90th birthday back in WI on Sunday at 11 AM. We drove 16 hours straight for home. Made it safe and sound at 9 PM Sat, 880 miles traveled. We were not bothered by any UFO activity. We crashed in our bed and got up in time to surprise her mother who did not expect us.

Bob, we are sorry to hear of your problems and hope you get on your way shortly.

Don & Bev
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:22 PM   #14

Commercial Member
Send a message via AIM to oemtech
Well we are not home but on the way to MN for a few weeks to visit friends and relatives. We camped in Woods & Waters RV in Columbus, IN yesterday and when we pulled out this AM we found the I-65 was blocked east and west at the overpass we were leaving on. It seems that someone was taking pot shots at cars on the freeway. They had I-65 closed from midnight till ??? Lucky for us we were able to get on the I-65 and head west. We are now sitting at Interstate RV park off I-80 in Iowa. Should be in MN Monday afternoon safe and sound.

Dale/aka-Oemy Oemy's UltraPower Performance
oemtech is offline   Reply With Quote