Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2010, 08:21 AM   #1
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Micro/Convection Oven Cooking Link and 2010 Rally Seminar

One of the questions that I have seen posted on this forum a number of times concerns cooking with a Micro/Convection Oven. I have heard my wife and others state that it would be nice to have a seminar at a national IRV2 Rally. What say you Rally organizers for 2010? In the meantime, I came across an excellant link to cooking with the above appliance by going here. MicrowaveConnect.com The "Official" Microwave Convection Oven Cooking Site.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2010, 12:06 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
JC2,

I moved your post from the RV Appliances to here in the Rally Forum so you could get response from the 2010 Rally Wagonmaster & his crew.

I think this as a seminar topic would be a great idea. I know I've been puzzled by my microwave/convection oven (even WITH the user manual) & I feel Rally attendees would get a lot out of it if someone could do a presentation. Might be some logistics issues since one might have to volunteer their rig as the seminar site for the cooking (if one makes that a part of the seminar), but it might be do-able.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
We are always looking for interesting and needed information to have as a seminar at our Rallies and this is a great idea. The problem is getting someone with the experience/ qualifications needed to hold the seminar. I am more then happy to have seminars at the rally so if anyone is willing to hold one or has the contact information for a seminar idea please drop me a e mail with the information and I will see what I can do.

As far as this one goes I will start trying to find someone and if anyone knows someone who will be at the rally let me know and I will get them scheduled. I am here at the Quartzsite RV show so I will look around.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:20 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
One of the questions that I have seen posted on this forum a number of times concerns cooking with a Micro/Convection Oven. I have heard my wife and others state that it would be nice to have a seminar at a national IRV2 Rally. What say you Rally organizers for 2010? In the meantime, I came across an excellant link to cooking with the above appliance by going here. MicrowaveConnect.com The "Official" Microwave Convection Oven Cooking Site.
Don't worry. Baby Dunkette will be in attendance and will give you a Private lesson on convection cooking but in the meantime...lower the temp and adjust the cooking time. There, now you've had your seminar.
For you non Texas Boomers, you'll have to wait til the national rally to meet Baby Dunkette.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #5
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Jim should I put it down as a done deal or ask Madame Boomer to get the commitment?
Old 01-19-2010, 07:06 PM   #6
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post

Don't worry. Baby Dunkette will be in attendance and will give you a Private lesson on convection cooking but in the meantime...lower the temp and adjust the cooking time. There, now you've had your seminar.
For you non Texas Boomers, you'll have to wait til the national rally to meet Baby Dunkette.
In all honesty, I would think that Baby Dunkette needs to stay away from anything resembling food or cooking don't you think.
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2010, 02:32 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oh no. Thats cruel posting her picture before she has had an opportunity to meet everyone.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:38 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablewizard View Post
Jim should I put it down as a done deal or ask Madame Boomer to get the commitment?
I need to send my standard contract for speaking fees, question and answer fees, hands on demonstration time fees and of course travel and expense fees. I'm sure we can negotiate something....whoops, there goes the choo-choo ride.

If I'm forgetting any other fees, we can cover that with some of the left over TARP monies.

I almost forgot...if you bring Madame Boomer in, now we have management fees that will need to be added.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:52 AM   #9
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
I need to send my standard contract for speaking fees, question and answer fees, hands on demonstration time fees and of course travel and expense fees. I'm sure we can negotiate something....whoops, there goes the choo-choo ride.

If I'm forgetting any other fees, we can cover that with some of the left over TARP monies.

I almost forgot...if you bring Madame Boomer in, now we have management fees that will need to be added.
Can SPAM be cooked in a micro/convection oven? YUM YUM
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2010, 07:44 AM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
Can SPAM be cooked in a micro/convection oven? YUM YUM
I can give you firsthand assurance that this is possible.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:52 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
I can give you firsthand assurance that this is possible.

Rusty
Sorry, but since I've become the self elected micro/convect guru I beg to differ. It has already been cooked, it just needs to be heated and served. I'm sure Madame would have deemed it much more palatable warm....ya'll had to be there.

Notice I never used the S word
Old 01-20-2010, 09:33 AM   #12

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
It has already been cooked, it just needs to be heated and served.
As one of my old bosses would have said, "That's just a matter of senimics."

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

I guess no response means either the attorney's are reviewing my contract or my fee's are waaaaaaaay too high. Just remember, you get what you pay for.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #14
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
I guess no response means either the attorney's are reviewing my contract or my fee's are waaaaaaaay too high. Just remember, you get what you pay for.
Jim:

Unfortunately you weren't one of the final four finalists. Word has it that one of the following might be chosen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fat_women_bathingsuits.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	2768