Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2016, 08:06 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Mobile Service Techs

Will there be any mobile service techs available for minor issues at the campground? I'm talking inside things like electrical, etc., and diagnosis not requiring jacking or making major noise or oily messes.

Don't tell me I can't do it, just tell me it won't be easy.
vacationer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2016, 08:10 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not sure if you are asking in general or for a specific CG/event? In general, yes mobile techs are pretty widely available. The CG office may have contact info. Craigslist is another way to find them.

Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 08:29 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I was hoping the club might have techs available for those that have issues while travelling to the Rally as obviously they can't make an appointment and wait 30 days. Or as I have experienced in the past calling one you don't know from CL can tell you anything for a fee and doesn't have to have any knowledge about what your problem is but still gets paid for coming.

Old 09-04-2016, 09:24 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
The iRV2 rally doesn't include service like the mfr rallies do.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 04:18 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationer04 View Post
I was hoping the club might have techs available for those that have issues while travelling to the Rally as obviously they can't make an appointment and wait 30 days. Or as I have experienced in the past calling one you don't know from CL can tell you anything for a fee and doesn't have to have any knowledge about what your problem is but still gets paid for coming.
At some rallys, manufacturers such as Newmar do have techs available to work on Newmar rigs. Also, some product manufacturers or vendors will have service people available. At the first FMCA rally we had four different techs working on our rig, installing and servicing stuff. Some of these techs offer reduced rates for installs done at rallies.

Mobile techs are also available at many RV parks and in larger towns. They can be great for getting emergency work done when you don't have time to schedule an appointment several days or weeks ahead. Be aware that when using a mobile tech you'll likely have to pay for a service call in addition to the actual work done.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:32 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Kind of disappointed to learn after the cancellation deadline that there is a scheduling conflict with Hershey. Would have thought that a show as big as Hershey is would have been known about and taken into consideration. Hope nobody has an issue needing immediate attention. There is usually always a hard luck story on the way to an event. I won't stay away but don't expect much from the fewer unknown seminars and vendors. Just have to enjoy the Amish area again I guess.

Old 09-05-2016, 04:44 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'm sorry you're disappointed. The planning team does their very best to find a place that accommodates as many requirements as our members need: interesting area, full hook ups, nice/safe park, enclosed meeting facilities...etc.; a park that has the things we need/will agree to have us & at a time that will save attendees some $$ ("shoulder season"). That's not an easy feat to accomplish. Sometimes we have to go with what we can get. One year our rally coincided with the GNR & members had to make the decision which rally they wanted to attend.

As for repairs, our rallies are about making/renewing friendships, having fun & enjoying the area vs servicing an RV. We just aren't big enough to warrant a mfr sending their tech crews & huge trailer of parts. That's where huge mfr rallies fit the bill.

We each have the ability to make the rally experience be what we want it to be. I've never had a bad time at any of past 8 rallies I've attended. I do hope you enjoy yourself despite perceived shortcomings.

Lori-
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 09-06-2016, 07:02 AM   #8
gMw

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
So Close....

Elkhart calls itself the RV Capital of the world, in no small part due to its proximity to RV manufactures of everything from motor homes to trailers to furniture to options & parts. There’s lots of RV related ‘stuff’ close to the campground that one can take advantage of.

For example, the manufacturer of the furniture in our motor home is in Elkhart. Knowing this, we’re taking advantage of the opportunity and having work done on our furniture. Our appointment is tomorrow (Wednesday), so we’ll arrive in Elkhart today.

We’ll also make a trip Fleetwood’s parts dept. while we’re in the area…
gMw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:00 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Is there a Fleetwood parts dept. near Elkhart or are you referring to Decatur? I have been there and it is like the Keystone Cops there.

Old 09-06-2016, 01:21 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Decatur.

Lori-
Old 09-06-2016, 04:12 PM   #11
gMw

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationer04 View Post
Is there a Fleetwood parts dept. near Elkhart or are you referring to Decatur? I have been there and it is like the Keystone Cops there.
I've been to both the Fleetwood service and parts dept. several times. And ordered parts by phone.

Everyone at Fleetwood has been great, which is what keeps me coming back when ever I need service or parts.
gMw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:11 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I attended the Fleetwood Rally last June and went to the Decatur parts department to get a part for my Pace Arrow. I waited almost an hour for my turn and almost another hour while they tried and failed to figure out the part was obsolete. Other than their well overpriced showroom merchandise they didn't impress me as being on top of their game there. Just my opinion.

Old 09-06-2016, 07:07 PM   #13
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I too went to FW parts & waited quite a while. There were hundreds of coaches at that rally so it was no surprise to me to find a lot of owners attending the rally had the same idea. I expected to have to wait. Once I got waited on, I was out of there in about 10 minutes with part in hand.

Lori-

Tags
service