Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2010, 11:57 AM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
The tentative date for the iRV2.com 2011 National Rally has been reset to September 25th through October 1st, 2011. I expect that I will be signing our contract to make it so within the next few days.

I will make a more complete announcement is a separate thread as soon as all the details and the ducks are perambulating in as linear of a fashion as possible.
Way to go, make it so anyone with kids still in school can't go!

So much for FAMILY activities............................ But then again is seems that the forum is leaving its "Family roots" anyway.

Yall retired folks and those without school age kids have fun with your ADULT only rally......
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2010, 12:35 PM   #142
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Don, it was discussed at length and there is only a small hand full of kids that attend these rallies. From my point of view, we have suffered hot summer rallies and now we get one in off summer time and I for one am all for it. I am not retired either.

Way to go Mike, I am looking forward to the 2011 rally.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 08-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #143
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
No matter where, when or who's running it, ya just ain't gonna make everyone happy. We have had a significant number of members asking for an off-season Rally for a quite some time (well, at least since 2002 when I joined) & their requests were always overruled. Only 1 person stepped up to take on the wagonmaster duties for 2011 & I, for one, am grateful we're even having a National Rally in 2011. For a while there, it looked grim.

Whoever comes forward for 2012 will have a HUGE say in the location & time of that Rally. Maybe, then, we'll have a summer-time function again, if that planner so desires & those that missed the 2011 Rally for school or work related issues will be able to attend.

For now, I say let's get off finding faults with the 2011 plan, support Mike & look forward to a fantastic Rally for 2011.

Lori-
Old 08-26-2010, 01:21 PM   #144

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
No matter where, when or who's running it, ya just ain't gonna make everyone happy.

For now, I say let's get off finding faults with the 2011 plan, support Mike & look forward to a fantastic Rally for 2011.

Lori-
Amen and amen!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:48 PM   #145

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I believe this thread is badly in need of being closed. Mike has stepped up to do the job. Let him post the details on a new thread and be done with this one.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:04 PM   #146

I second that......
Old 08-26-2010, 07:49 PM   #147

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Or we could just build on the input from the members of iRV2.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:33 PM   #148

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
Or we could just build on the input from the members of iRV2.
This thread has drifted way far from the OP's request. A wagonmaster has volunteered. A site and time have been decided. Some recent comments are becoming counter-productive to the objective of a successful 2011 rally. Just my opinion, of course.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:26 AM   #149
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey Doc your right, and I am happy to have grown up spending my summers in GA & Fla. and also happy to be able to call Fla my home and spend the winters there !!

Once again Nothern by birth Southern by choice !!!!

Old 08-29-2010, 02:02 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
The rally is tentatively scheduled to be held at the Bethpage Campground & Resort in Urbana, VA in 2011.
I enloy Bethpage. I have some nice photos and can post same if you desire.

Katherine
Old 08-29-2010, 03:17 PM   #151
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy_MD View Post
I enloy Bethpage. I have some nice photos and can post same if you desire.
Katherine, Yes please. thank you!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 08-29-2010, 05:24 PM   #152

Since Im not so active on this forum(at least posting wise) let me ask this.....how on earth can a National Rally as it is being rendered as, be in VA....I mean anyone west of the Rockies would have to think twice about attending whether it was a summer time Rally or not or whether they had kids or not. Now I realize this past Rally in William's may have been in July and this is one I would have attended had I not had plans already...but William's in not HOT in July...so much for summer time temp's in AZ or summer time Rallies. I think someone's idea of having Regional National Rallies sounds like a Good plan.....Just curious?...not trying to make waves! As stated,I do more reading here than posting. When all is said and done, you can have your Rally anywhere you want and anywhere that enough will attend.....I guess thats the idea. I thought I had read someplace along the line in this thread, that a middle America location was thought about?
Old 08-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #153
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by acampingwewillgo View Post
.. I thought I had read someplace along the line in this thread, that a middle America location was thought about?
It has been thought about & great suggestions were made for locations. But no one or group came forward to be wagonmasters in middle America. Without someone or a team to coordinate the Rally for that area, there won't be one there. It's that simple, no wagonmaster(s) = no Rally.

Lori-
Old 08-30-2010, 06:13 AM   #154
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey Lori Very well put No Wagonmasters = No Rally !!!!! So with that said, Thanks Driver and all Past Wagonmasters also Bill & Andy!!!!