Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2010, 07:25 AM   #155

Ok, here are some photos of Bethpage.

Welcome Gate

Main Entrance

Store, Rec Hall, and Registration

Main Thoroughfare

Overllooking Rappahanock River

Lake and Fountains

Beach by the Lake

Wooded Sites

One of the Pools

Water Slides

There ya go.
Katherine

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2010, 07:31 AM   #156
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by acampingwewillgo View Post
.....how on earth can a National Rally as it is being rendered as, be in VA....I mean anyone west of the Rockies would have to think twice about attending whether it was a summer time Rally or not or whether they had kids or not.
acampingwewillgo,

I'm curious, how do you handle deciding the location over on RV.net?

Do you moderators decide as a group where to hold an event and then solicit someone to handle it or is the location decided on by the volunteers who organize the rally?

Old 08-30-2010, 10:11 AM   #157
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Katherine,

Those are fantastic photos! It looks SO inviting & an ideal place for our 2011 National Rally. Thanks so much for posting them.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 08-30-2010, 11:48 AM   #158

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Thanks for the pictures Kathrine. Bethpage looks like a very nice RV park. I know that Camilla and I are looking forward to attending the 2011 rally. Thanks Driver for taking the large job of Wagon Master for next year.
I joined iRV2 in 2002. The 2003 Nashville rally was our first. We have been to 5 of the 8 rallies that were held during this time. We enjoyed every one of them and wish we could have attended all 8, but time, distance, and flue cost prevented us going to all 8. We are still working, but plan to retire in 2 years. After we retire that will allow us to travel more so we can attend the rallies that are further from where we live, until then we will attend the rallies we can, and enjoy reading about the ones that we can't attend.
Thanks to all of the Wagon Masters for what you do for the iRV2 comunity.

Bill
Old 08-30-2010, 03:15 PM   #159

Hi Richard
As to the Rallies on RV.Net, generally speaking whomever is heading up the proceedings picks the spot BUT with that being said, its generally a location within Calif that is accessible to all. Granted, I dont recall anyone trying to put on anything Nationally probably because RV.Net is sponsored by Camping World Inc. and most would consider "The Rally" to be a National Event. Any of the Rallies over on RV.Net are open to anyone who wants to come, regardless of location. Most Rallies over there become annual events or even Bi-annual events. The Rallies and events over there are more regional and depending how active a specific area is...the more participation there is. I go to a couple of annual events that are always in excess of 50 rigs but generally these are weekend type events that remain within the RV Park....the weekend consists of Potlucks, games and lots of chatting it up...never a dull moment.(we even had a water fight 2 years ago at one)

Im always open to new adventures and meeting new groups of those that share the same interests(i.e. RV'ing) no matter the organization heading it. I was in William's just two weeks before this last Rally and had I NOT had a traveling companion, I would have changed my dates their in order to attend the festivities of IRV.2.

The location and the RV Park chosen for next year's Rally certainly is Great looking..its just a tad too far for some of us to travel...Ill just have to see what happens in 2012....
Old 09-05-2010, 12:58 AM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
We would like to take a different approach to determine the best place and date to have the 2011 National Rally. We want to hear from our members where they would like to have the rally (what region) and what time of year is best for you? We have heard that the middle of summer is great for members with kids but some folks don't like long road trips through the heat of the summer when a shoulder season rally would work just as well.

Please post your thoughts on the following so we can have your input to decide the best time and place for the 2011 National.

1) What region would you like to see the rally in?
2) Do you have a specific location that you feel would be fun for the event?
3) How many days are you willing to travel (one way) to get to a National before it's too far to attend?
4) Do you like the middle of the summer time frame or would a shoulder season rally be better (late spring/early summer or late summer/early fall)?
5) Would it be fun to piggy back the National onto another highly attended event?
6) Do you have any other suggestions or feedback that we should consider when deciding where to make the 2011 National?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, ideas, and feedback.

Andy
I would suggest rotating each year from coast to coast. Or pick a spot like near Mt Rushmore which is equidistant to all. Location should be interest to all not just a miles point. Sure the people in the east would probably not go to the west coast and visa versa. But I think you would have better attendance. The black hills area near Rushmore is a great place for all and has something for everybody
Old 09-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #161
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy_MD View Post
Ok, here are some photos of Bethpage.
There ya go.
Katherine, Thanks for the pictures!

We are going to make our own set of pictures when iRV2 comes to town!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 09-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #162
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The photos of the campground look great.

I can't believe all of the negative comments about a rally location when no one will step up and be the wagon master. It was pointed out some time back that the person/group to host a rally would have a lot of input into the rally location. Mike stepped up and he has experience organizing a rally.

As for the location in Virginia, why is this so much worse than the last big one the "other" group had in Washington state. A bunch wanted a rally out west and Jim K. stepped up for one in Arizona. We expected to get a large bunch of attendees from the western states....did not happen.

No matter where you plan a rally, it will be far for some and close for others.

Virginia looks like a great place and we have been wanting an excuse to go to the east coast. I think a late September/ early October will be a great time to rally in this area.

As for making the rallies in late June, July of August, so that kids or grand kids can attend, there are not that many kids that do attend. We have had many summer rallies to accommodate the "kids/family" request so I do not think it is the least bit unreasonable to have a rally that is not in the heat of the summer.

Lots of folks used the excuse that Arizona is hot in the summer...well Phoenix is but Williams and the Grand Canyon are at higher altitudes and much more pleasant. So do a little Google research and find something about the climate in the area.

We need to be supporting Mike and help him make the rally a big success rather than tearing it apart before it is off the ground.

Ken
Old 09-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #163

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
I have to agree that definitely is a nice location , might have to go see it some day in the future .
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
Old 09-07-2010, 07:38 AM   #164

National RV Owners Club
Well stated TXiceman.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:13 PM   #165

There was NO negativity from me....I was simply asking a question? Sorry if that ruffled anyone's feathers. The Wagon Master certainly should have the say so in the location of a "Rally" event...no problem from me there! Ill just have to wait till it comes closer again. Have a Great Time all!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:28 PM   #166

Texas Boomers Club
Thanks Mike for putting together a 2011 Rally. Ellen and I are looking forward to attending and making our plans. Long haul from Houston, but I'm sure it will be worth it. We go to rallies to see friends, make new friends and visit the country side going and coming. VA -2011
Old 09-09-2010, 06:29 PM   #167
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPSDX View Post
Ellen and I are looking forward to attending and making our plans. Long haul from Houston, but I'm sure it will be worth it.
Wow! I'll do my best to put on a "Really Big Show!"
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 09-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #168
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
put on a "Really Big Show!"
Are you going to do an Ed Sullivan style show??????

Ken