Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2010, 11:53 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Dimes View Post
When it comes to weather, the only certainty is that Orlando will be hot and humid in August. Beyond that, any place is subject to unpredictable weather extremes that can happen a year from now. Some folks shied away from the 2010 rally in Arizona because of the heat. Well, it's 59 in Williams at this writing (3:30 pm after a rain storm). Highest has been in the 80s while we've been here though Phoenix has been in triple digits.

Granted, perfect weather at a rally is great, but a rally is fun no matter what the weather. A nice campground with rally facilities and a friendly staff is a far more important consideration.
Anyone who expected it to be hot in Williams should re-take their geography course. It's at over 6,000 feet, and snow is not impossible there any month of the year.

We just had our national T bucket meeting in Colorado Springs (around June 17). They DID have snow in the area on Monday of that week!

Our club argues every year about the hot weather, and pleads for a cooler venue. One of the coolest meets we've ever had was in the Dallas area in 2002. Only in the 80's, in July!

So, a little research and a lot of luck can go a long ways toward enjoyable weather.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
1) What region would you like to see the rally in?

PNW - Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Western Montana

2) Do you have a specific location that you feel would be fun for the event?

Not off hand, but I tend favor out of the way places, so my suggesting someplace would likely make it unfeasible for Rallys of Motorhomes and large 5ers/TTs. Most of the 20-30 rig rallies I attend are predominately made up of Truck Campers, so we can rally just about anywhere there's a hunk of grass large enough for us to all circle the wagons.

3) How many days are you willing to travel (one way) to get to a National before it's too far to attend?

Again, my opinion here is a bit skewed. If its when I'm inbetween contracts at work, I can travel for a few days. If its during a contract, nothing more than a day.

4) Do you like the middle of the summer time frame or would a shoulder season rally be better (late spring/early summer or late summer/early fall)?

I have no kids atm, so I'm open to all year, but rainy seasons tend to be less enjoyable in some areas.

5) Would it be fun to piggy back the National onto another highly attended event?

That could get messy quick. We did that, we had a giant TC Show and Rally over in Ogallala, Nebraska for a couple years.

6) Do you have any other suggestions or feedback that we should consider when deciding where to make the 2011 National?

Eh, other than the rally tends to price me out of the picture rather quick. My upper price limit for something of this nature is around $150-200 if that figure includes the stay. $600 to hang out with folks from a forum or club doesn't usually equate to enough of a value to warrant expending that kind of money. Its the main reason I never attend the rally's the NATCOA club has on Vancouver Island. The cost of the ferry crossing keeps me well over on this side of the border.

'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
Old 08-10-2010, 10:53 AM   #31

Any decision on the national rally for next year yet?
Old 08-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #32
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Just curious, as it was mentioned in passing at the Williams Rally, is why the current owner(s) of IRV2 have not been to any of the National Rallies. I believe Warpath was there for just about everyone when he was the owner.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:46 PM   #33
North Central Texas Area Leader

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
Just curious, as it was mentioned in passing at the Williams Rally, is why the current owner(s) of IRV2 have not been to any of the National Rallies. I believe Warpath was there for just about everyone when he was the owner.

Troublemaker!
Old 08-11-2010, 09:24 AM   #34
Community Administrator

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
Just curious, as it was mentioned in passing at the Williams Rally, is why the current owner(s) of IRV2 have not been to any of the National Rallies.
Well there have only been two national rallies since I acquired the site. The first, 2009, I could not attend because my wife was pregnant and did not want to go. This year we are down in Brazil (where my wife is from) so our daughter can have some quality time with her grandparents. We are staying down here for 4 months and were unable to fly home to attend the National.

It's not that I don't want to go to the rallies but the stars have no aligned for us to attend yet. Hopefully we will be able to attend in the future, especially if we have it back in Texas! It just depends on how things sync up.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #35
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
Well there have only been two national rallies since I acquired the site. The first, 2009, I could not attend because my wife was pregnant and did not want to go. This year we are down in Brazil (where my wife is from) so our daughter can have some quality time with her grandparents. We are staying down here for 4 months and were unable to fly home to attend the National.

It's not that I don't want to go to the rallies but the stars have no aligned for us to attend yet. Hopefully we will be able to attend in the future, especially if we have it back in Texas! It just depends on how things sync up.

Thank you as this will answer some inquiring members curiosity.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:56 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
especially if we have it back in Texas! It just depends on how things sync up.
In Texas again...now we are talking.....Only lets shoot for May or October, rather than July.

Ken
Old 08-11-2010, 10:10 PM   #37

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
In Texas again? I'm ready for that!
It sure would make the drive easier. The Grand Canyon was beautiful but it sure is a long way to drive - especially since I found out today one of the reasons for my generator problems was a hole in the gas line to the generator. No wonder I got only 6.8 mpg on the trip!

Any word on the location and dates for the 2011 rally?
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Old 08-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #38
North Central Texas Area Leader

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Has the Madame been holding out on us ?

Hey Jerry - no come back to my post at all - I am disappointed !

Old 08-12-2010, 06:55 AM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara S. View Post
In Texas again? I'm ready for that!

Any word on the location and dates for the 2011 rally?
Wagon Master needed. Should I add your name to the list?
Old 08-12-2010, 07:13 AM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Let me make it perfectly clear.....................

There are NO PLANS for Texas to host another National Rally. We did one in 2004 and again in 2008 - it's time someone else stepped up to the plate to host one in another state that hasn't hosted one!

Just as a matter of record........

in 2008 in Perrin, there were 34 rigs in attendance - only NINE....count them rigs pulled in from other parts of the country.

in 2010 in Williams... well, don't even get me started about the attendance to that one. Everyone wants one in "their neck of the woods" and when someone does step up to take on the enormous task ....those in that "neck of the woods" head for a different part of the country!

As far as I know, only 3 rigs came in from the western part of the country, 12 rigs pulled in from Texas and the remaining 9 rigs came in from the "eastern part" of the continent from Canada to Florida.

Just some "facts and figures" to contemplate should someone decide on where to host the 2011.

Sandy
Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Old 08-12-2010, 07:25 AM   #41
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by allendp View Post
Troublemaker!

Old 08-12-2010, 07:35 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
In Texas again...now we are talking.....Only lets shoot for May or October, rather than July.

Ken
I could go for that. Someplace neat like...oh, say, the Austin area!