Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2010, 06:53 AM   #113
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
The tentative date for the iRV2.com 2011 National Rally has been reset to September 25th through October 1st, 2011. I expect that I will be signing our contract to make it so within the next few days.

I will make a more complete announcement is a separate thread as soon as all the details and the ducks are perambulating in as linear of a fashion as possible.

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2010, 10:36 AM   #114

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Lori
What is the point of posting the pictures.

The Rally was in early June and if you remember some of the children who attended where not out of school yet and the Assistant Wagonmaster had to leave to attend his son's high school graduation.

We made the trip to Ohio in conjunction with a planned visit to my sons home in Erie, Pa.

We enjoyed the rally, but also enjoyed my visit with family.

Posting pictures like the above is not what I consider in the best interests of the forum, and only reinforces my feelings that this forum is loosing many of its good people due to the Administration and Moderators

"Everyone Goes Home"
Old 08-19-2010, 12:27 PM   #115
South East Texas Area Leaders

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We would prefer a National in a bit cooler weather, however; the National Rally at Perin, Texas in 2008 in the heat was Great. We had a troup of kids that put on a play on a outside arena and danced in the Rally Hall. Again a cooler time of the year is our preference. JMO. Thanks
Old 08-19-2010, 02:30 PM   #116

Mid Atlantic Campers
Lori please, i know we were in Ohio in 09, dealing with the heat, storms and TORNADOS. And we were at the Sevierville Rally where we almost melted from the horrible heat. If people I really liked hadn't done the Ohio rally I would not have been there, and it was only 5 hrs from home to boot.

Its not just IRV2 rallies, we will not attend any summer time rally.

I to agree with Depchiefs statement, the recent hierarchy of IRV2 has been quite dictatorial and heavy handed regarding other Mods and admins. For what reason I do not understand. Yes, we have lost some good dedicated leaders recently, but, I have not seen any of the hierarchy stepping up to fill the vacant shoes. As someone said above, this is a volunteer orginization, treat your members as such and maybe you might find more involvement and more then one person willing to do a rally for Ya'll. IMHO

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Old 08-19-2010, 05:32 PM   #117
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestme13 View Post
Lori please, i know we were in Ohio in 09, dealing with the heat, storms and TORNADOS. And we were at the Sevierville Rally where we almost melted from the horrible heat. If people I really liked hadn't done the Ohio rally I would not have been there, and it was only 5 hrs from home to boot.

Its not just IRV2 rallies, we will not attend any summer time rally.
Well - this years planning involved asking for input. It has been taken to heart and while it's easy to criticize, it's not easy to put on a rally. I think Mike deserves a large round of applause for his efforts.

Quote:
Yes, we have lost some good dedicated leaders recently, but, I have not seen any of the hierarchy stepping up to fill the vacant shoes. As someone said above, this is a volunteer orginization, treat your members as such and maybe you might find more involvement and more then one person willing to do a rally for Ya'll.
Being a moderator is a tough job on some days and frankly this statement diminishes the hard work of many. We have lost some moderators and gained new. That you don't see the daily activities of the team is a testament to their ability to work behind the scenes and with out drama that is distracting for the topic of the forum - RV'ng. If you have questions about site management please read our forum rules and then contact a moderator via PM. We will respond.

This thread is about next years rally. Let's focus on that and move forward. I know that there are lots of good ideas out there and Mike is carefully reading this thread to see them.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Old 08-19-2010, 06:00 PM   #118
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mike, WAY TO GO.....

We will plan to attend the rally in late September. Just have to save my vacation time so that we can make a swing through Charleston, SC on the way up or headed back. The co-pilot will be happy now.

Ken
Old 08-19-2010, 06:03 PM   #119
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
We will plan to attend the rally in late September. Just have to save my vacation time so that we can make a swing through Charleston, SC on the way up or headed back.
Ken, If you are doing that take a long look at James Island State Park and don't forget to go and see our Angel Oak.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:44 PM   #120
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree on James Island County Park. Probably the nicest local government maintained park we've seen anywhere. For dog lovers, they have a great fenced dog park.

Mike, a steamed crab feast or some other type of seafood belly buster would be a great thing to do at Bethpage.

Thanks for taking this on.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:36 PM   #121
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Mike, a steamed crab feast or some other type of seafood belly buster would be a great thing to do at Bethpage.
We were there in October for the crab feast one year which occured on the tail end of a Workhorse Rally. Ed Gray grew one belt size while Colleen and I went down the road to Applebees with some friends. Every crab in the "Rivah" should fear when Mr. Gray is around. Dem Cajuns can pack in some crabs.

Colleen and I are working on menu choices but we might save that for the iRV2.com 10th Anniversary Reunion Rally in Myrtle Beach in October and have us a little business meeting! I'll be looking to draft some committee members! So you can run - BUT you can not hide!
Old 08-19-2010, 09:20 PM   #122

Mid Atlantic Campers
Lets not forget the oysters

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Old 08-19-2010, 09:40 PM   #123
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I guess I'll have to bring along some Louisiana crab boil to get those critters seasoned right.....

Ken
Old 08-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #124
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I've never been to a crab feast but I love seafood. It sounds yummy, what's involved?

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 08-19-2010, 11:54 PM   #125

Louisiana crab boil? Count us in!

Henry.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:08 AM   #126
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I've never been to a crab feast but I love seafood. It sounds yummy, what's involved?

Lori-
Crabs, crab cooker, Old Bay seasoning, crab claw hammer, newspaper, paper towels, beer. Repeat until crabs are gone.

Closed Thread