Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2005, 01:45 PM   #43

LA Gulf Coast Campers
Hello Joe,
Sherri and I really wanted to go to this one as we have never been to Pa. However, we had a mandatory family reunion trip to the Tetons.
Hope everyone has a great time and we look forward to reading the posts.
I am volunteering with Ed Gray on the Louisiana Rally. Sherri and I started a web support site http://www.larally.com I hope the IRV2.COM folks don't have any objection. We plan to keep it non-commercial (except for links to the campground and prize sponsors). If you mention it to Warpath and he has objections, please let us know.
Walt

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2005, 03:22 PM   #44
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joe-K:
The weather at the rally has been super so far. Mid 80's and not a drop of rain yet.
So far, we've hung out, relaxed, kicked back, relaxed, sat around the fire and relaxed, and ate way too much, after which of course, we relaxed again.
It's been great meeting more of the folks from iRV2 as well. Ive had a great time putting names and faces to the screen names of those we see on the board often.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont think I like you either
Mike

ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:15 PM   #45

Nor'easters Club
How fun is this? In from the campfire tonight, where food and more food snacks were passed around. Visiting, laughing, and learning about wifi along with perfect weather..can it get any better? Had a nice tour (thanks for the ride John) to the potato chip factory for me, a day at Gettysburg for Gil..and a local touring day tomorrow, with a meal with 65 or so at the Shady Maples. Sorry more of you couldn't make it here!
Old 06-23-2005, 03:25 AM   #46

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
After a day ay Gettysburg yesterday, today will be for some local stuff. My son has been so busy at the campground, thanks for the activities they set up, he does not want to leave to do anything . Thanks for a great job!

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:11 PM   #47

Nor'easters Club
I would like to publicly thank Rick and his committee for the great rally. It has gone so smooth..from the check-in to the meals, (yippee..I've table hopped, and our tables have got to go first all week!) the entertainment, the very nice campground owner (great tour of your campground!), the wonderful new friends I have made, Richard, for a great "campfire" chat, the well behaved kids, and a just all around great time. Thanks to all who worked to put this together, and hold it together during the week. It was a great area to have a rally in!
Old 06-25-2005, 07:15 AM   #48

The six of us from Florida had a great time, too, and I hope many more irv2'ers understand that they are more than welcome at any of our Florida Boomer ralleys.

The rally was very well planned and executed, with lots of campground activities and lots to see and do in the area. Thanks to all of the irv2 staff who pitched in to make it such a great time. The potluck was over the top and the German oom-pah band very enjoyable. Great weather didn't hurt a bit. Our refrigerator, freezer and pantry are stuffed with chocolate, potato chips and pretzels. Glad we don't expect to run into our doctors on the road this summer.

Thanks again for showing us a GREAT time and a terrific part of the country. Hope to see you next year in Sevierville....

Daisy, the Bichon/poodle 2006 Allegro Bus 40QDP/2003 Jeep Liberty
Lady Nyrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 10:27 AM   #49
Administrator Emeritus

Location: FULLTIMERS - currently wintering in Rochester, NY - Goin\' places, Makin\' friends, Havin\' fun!
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sherri and I started a web support site http://www.larally.com I hope the IRV2.COM folks don't have any objection. We plan to keep it non-commercial (except for links to the campground and prize sponsors). If you mention it to Warpath and he has objections, please let us know </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Walt (Kiwi)!

Your LaRally site is great! We have absolutely no objections to the Louisiana group using it to promote your rallies. Go for it my friend!

Tania and I are going to try to join you this November <span class="ev_code_RED">IF</span> she can get time off from her job at Disney's Yacht Club.

Dave George
[b]NASCAR FANS - Carl Edwards #99 & Ryan Newman #12![/col
RVrs R US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 04:20 PM   #50

Hi all 2005 attendees:

We are home safely. Hope you all made it in the same condition. If you enjoyed yourselves, why not jump to the campground ratings section and give Mill Bridge a boost.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:04 PM   #51

Hey all,
It was a blast. Meeting alot of new friends and hearing all kinds of great stories from the full timers. Can't wait till I can retire...don't know when that will be the way the gov is sliding the age nowadays..heheh

Just a reminder about the CD's that we handed out at the rally. You must load the CD and drag the file onto your desktop to launch it. It is to large to spin from the disc. It is a Microsoft Powerpoint show. You must have powerpoint or download this viewer from Microsoft. Here is the link.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...f71a4&displaylang=en

Enjoy, I hope no one has any trouble.

'04 Cedar Creek 362BBS
96PSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 07:14 PM   #52

I agree, it was a great time. Didn't get to meet everyone; the week just flew by. It was really nice to put faces with names and spend time with fellow RV'er from the forum.

To John, "96PSD", we all owe a great big THANK YOU for your tireless efforts, and the generous gift of your time and expertise in putting together this fantastic slide show of more than 340 photographs, then burning every one of those CD's, one by one on your laptop. Hats off to you, John, and everyone else who contributed to this great rally!
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 07:41 PM   #53

Thanks Capt Bill,

I hope the CD's are working. Can someone drop me a line or post here if they are working okay. You know how sometimes things will work on your own platform, but not on others. Just want some reassurance that all is well.

'04 Cedar Creek 362BBS
96PSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 03:33 AM   #54

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

To everyone who made this great rally happen I must say it was super! We had so much fun and did so much I'm going to have to take another week off work to recuperate. We saw some old friends and made some new ones. I wish I could have met everyone, but the week went by like a whirlwind. We could not have asked for better weather and the campground facilities were very nice. I especially liked the pool on Friday afternoon when the temp's. rose up. That's the best way to cool off.

This was our first BIG trip in our motorhome and it surely will be a memorable one thanks to iRV2.com.

See you all somewhere down the road in the future.
Horsepowerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 04:11 AM   #55

In reply to John: YES! the slideshow presentation works perfectly. For those who have never used the MS PowerPoint program before, (including me, up until about 20 minutes ago), after following John's instructions to drag it onto the desktop, click "open" in PowerPoint. It takes a minute to load. When it finishes, you will have a bunch of small pictures on your screen. Click on 'Slideshow' from the 'View' option, and the show runs automatically. Neat. Thanks again John!
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 05:28 AM   #56

To all you that were in Paradise last week, our email is dagrmohr@aol.com. Our son-in-law didn't know which one to use. Had a great time, Rick & committee did a fabulous job as did the camp owner. The pool was being built when we were there the end of April.

Dave & Grace