Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2005, 12:03 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<span class="ev_code_GREEN"> AAAhhhhh .... Houston! The Eagle Has Landed!!!</span>

All hooked up, had lunch and just got out of the shower. It's really warm out here today. Right now the thermometer says 96? and WX Bug says it's 90?. I think it's going to storm here at any minute.

I am really close to everything, the store the pool and all my friends ..... "As soon as you all show UP!"

Let's get this National going, Colleen and I are excited to be here.

PS: Whatever you heard about this campground probably isn't true. Everything here is in the eye of the beholder. There's a nice pasture to the south of here and a working farm just next to it. Amish people are working the fields here apparently without machinery.

I find that unusual because we saw some Amish dressed folks in the campground in Gettysburg so I know they were camping there in an RV.

I have a 100% signal on my V620 so I'm very pleased. There's plenty of malls on the way here so they'll be many places to go shopping for those moms and kids that need to pick up something for dad.

Gas can be bought for 203.9 per gallon. This is the cheapest I've seen gas in a long time but I've seen it at 196.9 is some communities.

The pool from here looks brand spanking new! It should be great! Drive safe and I'll be here to answer any questions.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2005, 12:03 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<span class="ev_code_GREEN"> AAAhhhhh .... Houston! The Eagle Has Landed!!!</span>

All hooked up, had lunch and just got out of the shower. It's really warm out here today. Right now the thermometer says 96? and WX Bug says it's 90?. I think it's going to storm here at any minute.

I am really close to everything, the store the pool and all my friends ..... "As soon as you all show UP!"

Let's get this National going, Colleen and I are excited to be here.

PS: Whatever you heard about this campground probably isn't true. Everything here is in the eye of the beholder. There's a nice pasture to the south of here and a working farm just next to it. Amish people are working the fields here apparently without machinery.

I find that unusual because we saw some Amish dressed folks in the campground in Gettysburg so I know they were camping there in an RV.

I have a 100% signal on my V620 so I'm very pleased. There's plenty of malls on the way here so they'll be many places to go shopping for those moms and kids that need to pick up something for dad.

Gas can be bought for 203.9 per gallon. This is the cheapest I've seen gas in a long time but I've seen it at 196.9 is some communities.

The pool from here looks brand spanking new! It should be great! Drive safe and I'll be here to answer any questions.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:19 PM   #3

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Gas can be bought for 203.9 per gallon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about diesel, Mike? You used to own one of these once upon a time... remember? Just curious. The stuff goes for anywhere from $2.39 to 2.49 average here in western Pennsylvania. My guess is that it's about the same there.

Glad you had a safe trip.
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 02:22 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
Mike,

If you have any time on Friday before the rally, go to The Green Dragon flea market in Ephrata. I'm sure that you and Colleen will love it. Plenty of fresh meats, cheeses and produce.

George
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 02:29 PM   #5

Mike the people you saw dressed as mish were probably Menonites. The Amish have no electric, no gas powered anything, just buggies, horses with plows. etc. The Menonites are a little easier than the Amish. They have cars, but usually a black color nothing fancy. By the way the Amish do have electric in barns IF they are working with something. In other words, if they need saws to make wooden things to sell, it is OK to have electric. But only there, not in house. I ditto George, go to Green Dragon, put walking shoes on and take lots of dough See you thursday

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 02:33 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frank P. Martin:
Gas can be bought for 203.9 per gallon.
What about diesel, Mike? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I will see if I can get that number for you tomorrow.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:23 PM   #7

Mid Atlantic Campers
Diesel on this side of town is $2.39.

I will be in the CG by early Wed. evening and goe cracking on the wireless on Thursday morning. The campground has done an amazing amount of work to get ready for us. Not everything is polished yet, but they have made a huge effort. We will have a great time!
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 05:22 PM   #8

Hi Driver glad you made it safe. We will be the Nor'Easters caravan ariving Sun. Can you find out if a fishing licence is required at the campground. If so how much is an out of state licence. Thanks Vet Man
Vet Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 05:33 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vet Man:
Can you find out if a fishing license is required at the campground. If so how much is an out of state license. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>OK, I'll take a look at that tomorrow. Some folks may be able to fish right off the back of their campsites if we have sites assigned to us next to the creek.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:38 PM   #10

Hey Vet Man, I talked with RKamperRV yesterday and he said no liscense is required in Pa. on private property.
TTT1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 05:46 PM   #11

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Vet Man:

Here's a link to the PA Fish & Boat Commission website for the fishing license fees:

Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission

Click on Fishing Licenses under the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

As for needing a license to fish to fish on private property, better read the answer to question #20 on the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS page first.
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 06:05 PM   #12

Thanks for the fishing info. Some campgrounds can be fished from without a licence, and I was wondering about the Rally campground. Other wise I guess I will leave the fishing pole in the MH, $33 for a week is more then I will spend to wet a line. Vet Man
Old 06-13-2005, 06:13 PM   #13

ttt1953, the way I read the reg. you have to be the landowner or reside there as a family member. Check out the site, see what you think. Vet man
Old 06-13-2005, 06:28 PM   #14

Mid Atlantic Campers
According to the campground owner, fishing is free and no license is required - it is private property.
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote