Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2006, 10:58 AM   #1

Being new to the IRV2 rally, but not to other organizations, I'm starting to wonder if there will be [or already has been?]a mailing of credentials, site assignments, campground facility info, etc? Or are we all computer literate enough to glean these simple facts for ourselves? After all, the rally is next week!

Having a rather sloooow experience obtaining my decals and t-shirts through the US Mail, I have to wonder if other "mailings" might have gone astray too?

Comments anyone?????
zooom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2006, 10:58 AM   #2

Being new to the IRV2 rally, but not to other organizations, I'm starting to wonder if there will be [or already has been?]a mailing of credentials, site assignments, campground facility info, etc? Or are we all computer literate enough to glean these simple facts for ourselves? After all, the rally is next week!

Having a rather sloooow experience obtaining my decals and t-shirts through the US Mail, I have to wonder if other "mailings" might have gone astray too?

Comments anyone?????
Old 07-08-2006, 01:15 PM   #3

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Hi Walt,

I just did some checking and you should have already received the T-shirts (seeing you ordered them with your rally payment) . Seeing as you have not (we had a snafu with T's for a short time) I may hand deliver them to you when you arrive at the rally. We are currently out of XL and they are due in Monday or Tuesday. Not sure that will be enough time to ship to you. Stickers go out the first of each week, I see your request and you should have them mid week.

The site assignments are listed at the top of this forum. But Don has a bunch of helpers who will greet you when you arrive at the rally, get you signed-in, give you your goody & info bag, and help you to your site.

Look forward to meeting you!

Bill
Old 07-08-2006, 03:16 PM   #4

Howdy Walt,

No there were no mail outs via "Snail Mail".

But here are some links to the information you may find useful about the rally.

Rally Schedule link

Site list

Raffle information

Campground web site

As Bill listed there are gonna be some folks that meet you when you get to the campground. They will help ya to your site and such.

If you plan to arrive early or stay after the rally you need to get with the campground yourself. Eirn is the person who is most familiar with the rally.

See Yall There,

Don
Old 07-08-2006, 03:38 PM   #5

Looks like Richard and I were posting at the same time....
Old 07-09-2006, 04:13 AM   #6

Thanks guys for the quick response. I'll stop looking in the snail-mailbox and see you at the rally. I do plan to be there on Sat, and have already made my peace with the campground to "secure" the same space [93] that you gave me for the rally.

Take care....
Old 07-09-2006, 05:47 PM   #7

You had better luck than me, I called last week and wanted to arrive on Sat, no can do. Oh well I guess we will just take a slow trip down and spend the night somewhere north of there.

David
Toterman (David) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:14 PM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

David, I'm thinking of somewhere around Charlotte on Saturday night....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:24 PM   #9

Bob, I will be heading straight down 81. I was thinking somewhere around Marion.If I have a good day maybe around Bristol.

I was just looking at the map, there are no interstates for you to come across without heading pretty far south.

I just checked the extended forcast for Knoxville, Rain monday, Rain Tuesday, did not see after that but 60% those days. Better bring the unbrella

David
Old 07-09-2006, 06:28 PM   #10
Administrator Emeritus

David, One half of the crowd tells me to go 64 to 81 and the other half sez go 58 to 85 to 40....Maps are about the same, I was just looking at them.....
Old 07-09-2006, 06:32 PM   #11

Thats what I am doing,around DC to 64 to 81. I have made that trip several times it is a nice run. Usually can make good time. 64 is a little bit rough road but not too many miles till i hit 81. Let me know which way you go, maybe our paths will cross.

I just ran the rt 40 several times in June and I made good time but a little longer. David
Old 07-09-2006, 06:37 PM   #12

Question, are you taking a Toad, I am debating if I will need one for the week, got the bike but looks like rain.

David
Old 07-15-2006, 01:38 AM   #13
Administrator Emeritus

Leaving here shortly, headed with the toad to the National Rally by way of a rendezvous with Toterman in Kingsport TN....

Wasn't initially going to "toad", but with the wet weather forecasted it may be nice to have....