Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Rig weighing at the 2009 Rally

At the 2009 rally, members of iRV2 will be conducting camper weighing as attendees arrive at the rally.

In order to streamline the weighing process and know how many folks are interested in getting their camper weighed, I’d like to get some help from everyone.

I'd like to have as much information prefilled out on a weight sheet prior to everyones arrival. In order to do this, I’d like to request all members who are interested in having their rig weighed get me the information for their weight sheet within the next few weeks.

We are an online community so hopefully we can do this via email fairly painlessly.

Here is what I’m requesting from those who would like their rig weighed:

• Select the appropriate choice of weight sheet below for your type of camper.
  • Print out a copy of the form and gather the information requested at the top of it is. To help identify the items I'd like to fill in early, I've made those areas of the form RED.
  • Once you have the information gathered, send an email to rigweigh@gmail.com containing the requested information so that I can create an actual spreadsheet for you prior to the rally. Try to follow the format that is on the sheet in your emails so that I can accurately type out a sheet for you.
  • As the subject of your email, please use your real name and the word motorhome or trailer like this “John Smith - motorhome”. Having this will allow me to select the right template as your emails arrive and your sheet will be saved with your name.
  • There are a few folks arriving early for the rally. If you are one of these, please include in your email the day you will be arriving. I'll send back to you my cell phone number and ask you to call me upon your arrival at the campground so we can meet you at the front with the scales to perform your weighing.
When you arrive at the rally, your camper will be weighed during the check-in process. Motorhomes and towed vehicles will be weighed in one operation. For those folks with trailers, your truck and trailer combination will be weighed during check-in, then you will be taken to your site to unhook the trailer. After unhooking, you will come back to the weighing area in your tow vehicle for your unloaded truck weight. You will want to get your unloaded truck weight with the same number of passengers as when you checked in.

All weights will be recorded on the weight forms then that data transferred into a spreadsheet which will calculate the various weight totals we are interested in. Each completed form will be then printed and given to you at the rally.

The entire process will be pretty easy, but since we'll be checking in a lot of folks within a short period of time, we want to be efficient as possible and therefore appreciate everyones help. Please try to get the form data to me as early as possible.

Thanks,
Joe
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Motorhome weight sheet.pdf (109.7 KB, 127 views)
File Type: pdf Truck & Trailer weight sheet.pdf (174.2 KB, 98 views)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Just a reminder to send in that Rig Weighing information. I'm responding to everyone who emails me as confirmation your information was received.

I'm trying to get the weight sheets completed before the rally as much as possible to streamline the process during check-in. With all the other details of rally planning going on over the next few weeks, the earlier you send them in, the more it helps me out. THANKS.

PS....There is no need to worry about scanning or trying to fill out the sheets I posted online. The only thing I need is an email with the required information.

Remember, As the subject of your email, please use your real name and the word motorhome or trailer like this “John Smith - motorhome”. Having this will allow me to select the right template as your emails arrive and your sheet will be saved with your name.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Reminder

One more reminder to send to rigweigh@gmail.com your name, vehicle and tire size information if you're planning on having your rig weighed at the rally.

I've received information from about half of the attendees so far, but I'd really like everyone to send in their information. It will make the check in and weighing procedures go much more smoothly having everything filled out ahead of time.

Joe