Seminar/Meeting Topics for 2013 National
Danielle and I thoroughly enjoyed our time at the 2012 National in Sevierville and we hope to attend more rallies in the future.
As attendance at the National grows I think it's logical the variety of meetings and seminars will grow too. There is such a breadth of experience in our membership I think we should consider supplementing the traditional vendor seminars with meeting/discussions/seminars originating with our members.
Based on conversations with other members, some of the subjects that come to mind are listed below (in no particlular order). Please add your comments and topics that you'd like to see discussed at the 2013 rally or at some point in the future. Think of this as a wish list. Add your thoughts so the Wagonmaster can see what's pertinent to the membership. In addition, please add vendor seminars you'd like to see discussed.
1) Nutrition - understanding product ingredient labels, fresh vs. processed, interactions/relationships between diet and medications, etc.
2) Volunteering (particularly volunteering on the road) - this subject encompasses a wide range of topics including disaster relief, ongoing projects such as Habitat for Humanity, working with schools, and I'm sure the list goes on.
3) Trading your time/talent for a campsite - some would say this is volunteering but I think of it a little differently since this type of arrangement is usually for a significant period of time (say a month or more). Regardless, related topics would include which parks/sites are better than others, things to look out for before signing-up, other?
4) Work-camping (workamping) - how little pay is too little? Are you simply paid to offset the cost of the site or do you actually get paid. What are the pro/con aspects of workamping? Places to avoid?
5) Financial discussion - the 2012 program was well attended and there are plenty more topics to discuss as well as revisting some topics from year to year.
6) Training/presentation skills - how to make a good PowerPoint presentation, public speaking, engaging the audience, staying on track....
7) Craft projects - how do you handle this while on the road? What type of crafts can be done on a limited budget and with limited space? Gifts for friends and family.
Lucius & Danielle
1992 - 29' Airstream Classic
1996 GMC Suburban 7.4L, C2500; 2005 Chevrolet Suburban 8.1L, K2500