Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-28-2005, 05:54 PM   #15
I've been told by several people that if I post anything but positive comments that I'll get blasted, but I can't keep silent. We had a good time because of all the great people that we spent time with, but our site was terrible. Sitting at the entrance with all the dust from everyone driving in and out blowing on our truck and camper, and being in the middle of a parking lot is not camping to us. The only thing missing from our site was a Wal-Mart sign. That's how we feel. If anyone feels the need to attack us for feeling this way, so be it. We still look forward to many camping adventures with all our friends.

Tom & Carol - Ruger, our Silver Lab
2008 Monaco Monarch 30SF
2012 Jeep Wrangler
TTT1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2005, 10:55 AM   #16
Hey buddy
You showed a lot of class,not making a big deal of it,while we were there.How could anyone slam you for voicing your dissatisfaction.Karen and I would not have been happy with that site.To be fair,we liked the one we had.The campground itself is on the right track,if they keep listenining to the people that stay there.That being said and done,Karen wants to know how Carol likes that cedar chest?

Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:47 AM   #17
Hey Frankie, Carol loves the chest. We still can't believe our good fortune. It will make a great addition to Jeff and Jessica's new house. Bought a new ATV lately??
Tom & Carol - Ruger, our Silver Lab
2008 Monaco Monarch 30SF
2012 Jeep Wrangler
TTT1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:51 AM   #18
Nor'easters Club
I definately think they need to make improvements on those parking lot sites..I would only use them as overnighters. I can't believe they can fit two RV's on some of them. I would have had to move onto a site with no sewer, I couldn't have taken no shade, or grass, and all that dust for a week.

We had an over abundance of electricity, and had to run everything we had, just to keep the meter out of the red..so we had the air on, along with the electric blanket at night. The maintenance man said it was fine to be real high, but many ivers said no it wasn't...so we put on all our electric just to keep it just under the red.
Chevy Silverado/Holiday Rambler
Doris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 05:08 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TTT1953:
If anyone feels the need to attack us for feeling this way, so be it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I don't think anyone will blast you. That is the reason so many others hate American's --- We are free to speak our minds.
John, Joyce & Libby the Yellow Lab. - Fulltime since `08

2005 Kountry Star FW-35LKSA by Newmar
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:24 AM   #20
Appalachian Campers
The rally was wonderful! I want to thank all those who donated their name pouches to me at the end of the rally. They will be put to good use in October when the women from Johanesburgh are visiting. Thanks again. Sylvia Hale
HitchHiker Champagne 37CKRD
Squilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 03:24 AM   #21
Thanks to Rick and John for such a great rally. What a great way to learn about the Amish. The scenery of the farms was like looking at pictures on a postcard. Looking forward to the '06 rally in the Smokies.

Ben & Jacki
dc6mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:34 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Mid Atlantic Campers
I want to thank everyone who attended for their great support and nice comments. I especially want to thank all who assisted in one way or another. The rally was a great event and turned out better than I had hoped. The campground staff went overboard trying to make sure every need was met. While I realize that a few of the sites were less desirable than others, I believe everyone in those sites understood they are a work in progress and will be improved. Based upon the experience with our rally the campground has already decided to keep them all as single sites except when a group wanting to be close together requests to be doubled-up. BTW- Don in E TX should get the prize for the longest stay...they stayed for more than a week after the rally ended.

Now, let's all get behind Don and the '06 Rally. We will be there as long as all the dates jive OK.
RKamperRV...(Rick)...Millersville, PA
2006 Crossroads Cruiser CF32BL | 2012 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually
Been to all 48 lower continental states once! Starting over...
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 02:08 AM   #23
Texas Boomers Club
We finally got home yesterday after 6 or so weeks on the road...

We have the same comments others have made (it WAS a great rally) --- only negative comment was the "parking lot" sites. We were not on one of them, but those sites ruined the look of the park (MHO only)...

On the plus side: GREAT scrapple! Thanks, Sue!!!..... and we REALLY enjoyed the pot luck. Wonderful cooks, one and all! And who ever was in charge of providing such wonderful weather === I tip my hat your way.....

Don in E Texas is offline   Reply With Quote