Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2010, 11:46 AM   #43
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you Mike, Coming from someone who has been a Wagon Master that means a lot.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2010, 08:10 PM   #44

Jim we had a great time. Hope there is a rally next year. We made it to Bryce Canyon. Nice ride now some exploring here like in Williams.

chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:00 PM   #45

Texas Boomers Club
Jim,
Thanks so much for your hard work on putting together a great rally. Great place for the rally. I feel sorry for those who did not come because they though it would be too hot. We had great weather, now back to the hot & humid for us.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:34 PM   #46

Texas Boomers Club
A big thanks from us also Jim and to all the others that participated in making this a great rally. I have posted all my rally trip pictures in our BLOG, address below.

Paul
Old 07-25-2010, 05:45 PM   #47
North Central Texas Area Leader

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
We made in to Bryce Canyon City last evening. We are parked about 3 sites down from Chickie. Incredible scenery on US 89 coming up here and crossed the Grand Canyon just below Lake Powell dam. The view was awesome. We are taking a guided tour of Bryce Canyon tomorrow afternoon.

If anyone hears of Sandy's & Rusty's progress home please post the information.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:17 PM   #48

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Thanks Jim, We really had a good time!! It was nice seeing some old friends again and making some new friends. I hope that Rusty gets along ok and the trip back home not too hard on him. We are now in Monument Valley and heading to Las Vegas tomorrow.
Tom
Old 07-25-2010, 08:40 PM   #49
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by diandtom View Post
Thanks Jim, We really had a good time!! It was nice seeing some old friends again and making some new friends. I hope that Rusty gets along ok and the trip back home not too hard on him. We are now in Monument Valley and heading to Las Vegas tomorrow.
Tom
We arrived in Vegas on Sat after leaving the rally and are staying at Las Vegas RV Resort next to Sam's Town. It has only been 105-110 here. Will leave tomorrow for Zion River RV Resort in Utah tomorow for (4) days , then home.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:20 PM   #50
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Jim:
Janet & I would like to thank you for a great rally. Now that you have (1) under your belt, it will be easier the next time.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:51 PM   #51

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPSDX View Post
Jim,
Thanks so much for your hard work on putting together a great rally. Great place for the rally. I feel sorry for those who did not come because they though it would be too hot. We had great weather, now back to the hot & humid for us.
Dittos, dittos, dittos. Had a great time. Thanks again, Jim!

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F292298, NRA Benefactor Life Member
dlovitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:54 PM   #52
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Cheri and I are glad you all had a good time and the weather was good to us, it knew when to clear up for our activities and I hate to be selfish, but I loved the rain it has not rained in Phoenix since Feb so I needed the break from the heat.
I heard from Sandy last night, they were in NM 600 miles from home and were going to try and make it all the way today, as soon as I hear I will post for all to see. BTW if you will send Sandy your pictures as soon as they get settled and get Rusty checked out she will combine them all and send out the rally CD to all.

Thanks again and remember you all made this a fun rally for all.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:31 PM   #53
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Jim and Cherie -

We send our thanks and appreciation for hosting an awesome rally in an awesome place - the entire week was filled with wonderful memories for me! I know the time, devotion, effort and responsibility of hosting a national rally and commend you for the fine job you and Cherie did - it's worth every ounce of planning, sacrifice and commitment to read the posts of everyone who attended saying they had great time !

We are safe at home after a very long trip accomplished in two days instead of three. It could not have been done without our "angels" Gregg and Jodi Neal. When the chips are down - friends step up to take the load and they got us home. There was no way I could have gotten him back home by myself.

We will forever be indebted and grateful to everyone for the concern, prayers and help extended throughout the week during his crisis. Thank you isn't enough, but some where, some time we'll be able to "pay it forward" and be there for some one when critical help is needed to show our gratitude for the help extended to us.

We have a doctor's appt on Tuesday and will get an mri to see exactly what the injury is and I'll keep you posted in the South Central Section under Texas Boomers.

Safe travels to everyone on their way home and until we meet again....

Sandy

PS: Please send your photos to me as Jim has mentioned and I will get the 2010 National Rally cd to you as soon as possible!
Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:09 AM   #54

Cheri and Jim.

Thank you for all the effort and time you spend making this rally possible.

We had an awsome time.

We are currently at Lake Powell C.G. on our way up to Yellowstone N.P.

Barb & Henry.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #55
North Central Texas Area Leader

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Sandy,

Sure relieved to hear ya'll made it OK. Pat & I have been worried about you. You are right Gregg & Jodi are truly angels. It is so warming to belong to an organization like ours where everyone is treated like family not just another acquaintance. Be sure and let us know what Rusty's prognosis is.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:06 PM   #56

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by allendp View Post
Sandy,

Sure relieved to hear ya'll made it OK. Pat & I have been worried about you. You are right Gregg & Jodi are truly angels. It is so warming to belong to an organization like ours where everyone is treated like family not just another acquaintance. Be sure and let us know what Rusty's prognosis is.
Dittos - Glad to hear you are home Sandy & Rusty. Way to go Jodi & Gregg!!!!