Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2010, 06:21 PM   #99
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We finally made it home on Sunday after about 3000 miles. Gotta say the 8.1 performed very well averaging around 8mpg for the whole trip @ about 65mph.
Just before we left the usual good National Rally in Williams,Az, I had the mobile tech install (2) 4 inch PC case fans just inside the exterior fidge compartment. I also had hime install an illuminated rocker switch to turn them on/off. This was done as we were heading to Vegas where the temps had been hovering around 110 degrees. Happy to report that the freezer stayed ar -5 and the inside fridge box at 34-35 degrees. Those fans do work and should be mandatory on all rv fridges. Stayed at Vegas from Sat till Mon morning then left a little lighter for Zion in SW Ut. Stayed there until Friday then started meandering toward home. Everything was pretty uneventful until the Electronic B of our GPS routed us through downtown Provo. No problem as the infamous WH brakes performed flawlessly in the stop and go traffic. It can only be because OEMY and I changed the brake fluid last Sept in Burleson. The only other snafu was on Sat as we approached Ogallala, Neb, the drivers side rear escape window came loose from its metal frame and started flapping in the wind. I can only surmise that the repetitive buffering from the 18 wheelers passing might have gotten under the glass and helped worked it loose from the glue. I found another good use for Eternabond tape as I used some for taping the window to the side of the MH. Now it's starting to look like a real redneck MH. Talked with Lonnie yesterday @ Lichtsinn RV in Forest City and after the insurance approves repairs they ship all $1102 dollars of a new window to the repair shop. Hmmmm, I wonder if that window comes with a lifetime guarantee at that price.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2010, 07:51 PM   #100
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Jerry! This is what it looked like when you pulled out of Railside on Saturday morning! You mean it NOW looks worse?????
Attached Images

Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:34 PM   #101
North Central Texas Area Leader

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Jerry & Janet Glad ya'll made it home OK even with the minor mishaps. So far I haven't done anything but fry my 30 amp cord when Pat cranked on the Microwave at Lagoon RV in Utah. It was an old converted KOA with only 30amps. Funny thing none of the breakers tripped just burned my hot wire into where it was connected to the plug. I just used my 50 amp cord with an adapter to finish up at that park and put the microwave off limits.

I am still getting 15.3 to 16.2 MPG and have been able to find diesel at 2.89 or less. Driving 65 most of the time.

We got about 356 miles to go to get the grand kids to their home and after a couple of weeks there drive the 2200 miles or so back to Texas so we can be there for the 10th Bash.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:42 AM   #102
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Boomer View Post
Jerry! This is what it looked like when you pulled out of Railside on Saturday morning! You mean it NOW looks worse?????

I think ElkhartJim put a hex on our MH.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:45 AM   #103
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by allendp View Post
Jerry & Janet Glad ya'll made it home OK even with the minor mishaps. So far I haven't done anything but fry my 30 amp cord when Pat cranked on the Microwave at Lagoon RV in Utah. It was an old converted KOA with only 30amps. Funny thing none of the breakers tripped just burned my hot wire into where it was connected to the plug. I just used my 50 amp cord with an adapter to finish up at that park and put the microwave off limits.

I am still getting 15.3 to 16.2 MPG and have been able to find diesel at 2.89 or less. Driving 65 most of the time.

We got about 356 miles to go to get the grand kids to their home and after a couple of weeks there drive the 2200 miles or so back to Texas so we can be there for the 10th Bash.
The very few problems we've had at CG's have been at current/past KOA's. Maybe there is a message in that.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #104

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
I think ElkhartJim put a hex on our MH.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #105

Tiffin Owners Club
JC2 (Jerry & Janet):

Glad you guys made it home, even if you had a few mishaps. I think we all had a couple of things that happened that we could report. I notice that you left LV a little lighter. Best of luck on the MH repairs. As they say in Cajun land, "you guys made quite a block". I know that you were able to see some wonderful sights and glad you made it safe and sound. Stay in touch.

Charles & Wanda
Charles G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #106

Texas Boomers Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
We got home Aug 2. Total trip 6,181 miles and worth it. The transmission which was reworked in Cortez, CO, worked fine on the way home. It should be ok for the next 172,000 miles. I like to get my money's worth and Bill can just stop making noises about a new truck.

I want something with air ride we have some really bad roads in this country, and he usually finds every pothole available.

N
ncason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:48 PM   #107

Texas Boomers Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I didn't see anything about Rusty. I guess he survived the trip home. I hope all went well. It is hard on a man to let someone else drive his beloved truck (the other woman).
ncason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #108
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Nancy -

Yes, we made it home and now he's doing better (arthritis and bursitis) in that ole hip just got him down (actually it's the clutch that did it!). I say the man did it on purpose because he's had a (secret) hankering for a "new woman" and this was the only way he knew how to get 'er!!!

I know about those horrid roads just from Texas to AZ. I can't imagine enduring your 6,000 mile ride!! It's like trying to ride a bunking horse sidesaddle! Can't hardly hold on for long!

Glad ya'll made it home in one piece - I'm like the old mother hen who checks in every day to make sure everyone is back home safe and secure!
- I think all the chicks are safe in their nest....now I can rest!

Sandy
Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #109

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Well, Martha and I finally made it back home last nght after a 3 week trip. The trip included Williams, AZ, Las Vegas, NV (to see the grand kids), Salt Lake City, UT, up thru WY, NE, into Iowa to the Amana Colonies, then home to Roanoke, VA. Trip was about 5000 miles and we had a blast.

We enjoyed meeting the iRV2 group and look forward to meeting up with them again at another rally.

I will be burning CD's and mailing them out to the people who asked for copies of the pictures I took. Hopefully I will have them in the mail Monday morning.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:55 PM   #110

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncason View Post

I want something with air ride we have some really bad roads in this country, and he usually finds every pothole available.

N

Nancy, Pat has already accused me of that one ! We too are encountering miles of bad road. This country really needs an infrastructure overhaul by repairing the interstates and building more/better rail freight systems and getting the 18 wheelers off the highways and return them to the motoring public.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #111

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Apparently y'all aren't traveling the highways and byways that the "Stimulus Package" for shovel ready projects has affected.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:27 PM   #112

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
Apparently y'all aren't traveling the highways and byways that the "Stimulus Package" for shovel ready projects has affected.

Not to sound political (against forum rules) but YEP ! I guess we aren't !