Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2010, 05:53 AM   #113

Talk about bad highways. We tore a spring shackle out from in under our enclosed trailer. Fortunately the shackle went front and held the spring where it was no trouble but leaning to the right. Real lucky. See you all next national rally,I hope.
chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #114

We are glad that ya'll made it home!

We are stuck in Bozeman MT awaiting a new windshield. Sould have arrived on Friday, but no such luck.

After the installation we will make our way east along I-90 and stop over in the Badlands of SD.

Barb + Henry.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #115

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NALSO View Post

After the installation we will make our way east along I-90 and stop over in the Badlands of SD.

Barb + Henry.
At the risk of hijacking this thread I would highly recommend taking time to visit Custard State Park. You will see more bison (if interested) than you will see in Yellowstone. Rafter J RV resort in Hill City is a great place. Less than 10 miles to Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse and Custard State Park. Also I 90 is rough, rough, rough unless they've done some major repairs since last summer. We went north of 90 to US 14. Nice smooth concrete road that takes you through many small farming communities. We drove this all the way to Minnesota.

Again, hijacking the thread is not intended.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #116

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb5300 View Post
I will be burning CD's and mailing them out to the people who asked for copies of the pictures I took. Hopefully I will have them in the mail Monday morning.
Please put me on your list! I tried to send my pictures to Sandy tonight and it has shut down my desktop computer (fortunately I have the laptop handy). I posted some of my pictures on my blog. Check them out!
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #117
Texas Boomers Wagonmaster

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NALSO View Post

We are stuck in Bozeman MT awaiting a new windshield. Sould have arrived on Friday, but no such luck.

Barb + Henry.

Barb & Henry,

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Did you catch a rock? There are a few of them flying on I 90. We are in Osburn ID near Kellog right now and have about 350 miles of I 90 west to Seattle to go hopefully without incident.

Hope by now you are on your way and sail on home safe and sound. It was a real pleasure meetin you both.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:06 AM   #118
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles G. View Post
JC2 (Jerry & Janet):

Glad you guys made it home, even if you had a few mishaps. I think we all had a couple of things that happened that we could report. I notice that you left LV a little lighter. Best of luck on the MH repairs. As they say in Cajun land, "you guys made quite a block". I know that you were able to see some wonderful sights and glad you made it safe and sound. Stay in touch.

Charles & Wanda

It was a pleasure meeting you and your bride. The wife has been wanting to take a trip down to Louisianna and the Mississippi coast area so we will give you all a hollar when we do. Are their any exceptable RV parks in the general area of where you live? The downside of the Williams Rally is that my bride might want to trade the Jeep Liberty in for a HHR.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #119
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
I am happy to see you are all making it home and managing to survive the trips. Cheri and I got home and I have been working non stop except for a DR. appointment and was told I have to have surgery Thursday, I will be OK So I was just thinking when I get home I will be ready to go back to Williams, who's with me?
Old 08-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #120

allendp, Don.

Yes we were the recipient of a 2" rock, it hit the left windshield, glass plinters all over the place, we stopped at a gas station and got the vacuum cleaner out to clean up the mess.

Thanks for the I-90 update.

Elkhartjim.

We will try to stay clear of I-90 and thanks for the CG info.

Henry.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #121

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well we finally delivered the grand kids back to their parents about 3:30 this afternoon in Auburn, WA. They had a ball in Idaho touring a real gold mine, panning for gold, riding the gondola to the top of Silver Mountain and finishing off the trip with 5 hours at Silver Rapids a huge indoor water park in Kellog. That had a heck of a vacation and were of course glad to see Mom & Dad who greeted them with a nice surprise - a new 10 week old puppy.

The traffic on I 90 to Seattle was horrendous and my stop at Flying J was a mistake - paid the highest price for diesel the whole trip - $3.399. Anyway we are here safe and sound and will stay here a couple of weeks enjoying the wonderful outdoor AC, and head on back to Texas. Hope everyone else had/has safe travels.

Jim & Cheri thanks once again for a wonderful time in Williams and please keep us posted on that surgery procedure.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:41 PM   #122

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by allendp View Post
Well we finally delivered the grand kids back to their parents about 3:30 this afternoon in Auburn, WA. They had a ball in Idaho touring a real gold mine, panning for gold, riding the gondola to the top of Silver Mountain and finishing off the trip with 5 hours at Silver Rapids a huge indoor water park in Kellog. That had a heck of a vacation and were of course glad to see Mom & Dad who greeted them with a nice surprise - a new 10 week old puppy.

The traffic on I 90 to Seattle was horrendous and my stop at Flying J was a mistake - paid the highest price for diesel the whole trip - $3.399. Anyway we are here safe and sound and will stay here a couple of weeks enjoying the wonderful outdoor AC, and head on back to Texas. Hope everyone else had/has safe travels.

Jim & Cheri thanks once again for a wonderful time in Williams and please keep us posted on that surgery procedure.
Next time yer up Kellogg/Wallace, Idaho way. Look up the "Route of the Hiawatha" its the old Milwakuee Road Railroad bed that's been converted into a 15 mile (Or longer now, so I've heard) bike trail that takes you several tunnels and over tressels through the hills. All along the way there are little stops that have pictures and narrative about the history of the railroad and the trains that once steamed through the hills.

Its downhill all the way from the start up in Montana and there's a shuttle that will take ya back to the top of the trail when yer done.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #123

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Thanks for the info RedneckExpress. We stayed at the Blue Anchor RV Park in Osburn and it was chock full of 4 wheelers & mountain bikers all the time we were there. On our gondola ride we could see hundreds of trails for off roading. The train track trail sounds like a great adventure - maybe next time.

I like that downhill part.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #124

Tiffin Owners Club
JC2 (Jerry & Janet):

We have some very nice state parks and excellent private parks, as well. Email me at galliganc@bellsouth.net so that we can exchange information and I will be able to get you specific details and locations, etc. As I indicated in Williams, like the HHR. My Cajun buddies say that " HHR means High Head Room". Ha!

Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Charles G.
Charles G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:18 PM   #125
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
We finally made it home on Sunday after about 3000 miles. Gotta say the 8.1 performed very well averaging around 8mpg for the whole trip @ about 65mph.
Just before we left the usual good National Rally in Williams,Az, I had the mobile tech install (2) 4 inch PC case fans just inside the exterior fidge compartment. I also had hime install an illuminated rocker switch to turn them on/off. This was done as we were heading to Vegas where the temps had been hovering around 110 degrees. Happy to report that the freezer stayed ar -5 and the inside fridge box at 34-35 degrees. Those fans do work and should be mandatory on all rv fridges. Stayed at Vegas from Sat till Mon morning then left a little lighter for Zion in SW Ut. Stayed there until Friday then started meandering toward home. Everything was pretty uneventful until the Electronic B of our GPS routed us through downtown Provo. No problem as the infamous WH brakes performed flawlessly in the stop and go traffic. It can only be because OEMY and I changed the brake fluid last Sept in Burleson. The only other snafu was on Sat as we approached Ogallala, Neb, the drivers side rear escape window came loose from its metal frame and started flapping in the wind. I can only surmise that the repetitive buffering from the 18 wheelers passing might have gotten under the glass and helped worked it loose from the glue. I found another good use for Eternabond tape as I used some for taping the window to the side of the MH. Now it's starting to look like a real redneck MH. Talked with Lonnie yesterday @ Lichtsinn RV in Forest City and after the insurance approves repairs they ship all $1102 dollars of a new window to the repair shop. Hmmmm, I wonder if that window comes with a lifetime guarantee at that price.
Well, the Progressive Insurance adjuster called yesterday and his conclusion was that the window coming loose from its frame was because of a maufacturing defect. I called Winnebago and my home insurance agent that I've had for 25 yrs and their response to this statement was identical.; "BS". I've now filed a complaint with the Missouri Insurance Commision so we'll see how that turns out.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:28 PM   #126

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Jerry I learned a long time ago that insurance companies exist for one reason alone - to take your money and laugh all the way to the bank.