Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2019, 04:07 PM   #1

1982 Pace Arrow GCWR and OCCC

Hello,
I'm a new owner to a 1982 Pace Arrow, Model G-31. I was excited to purchase an RV, until I needed specifications, such as, tank sizes, OCCC (Occupant Cargo Carrying Capacity), and GCWR (Gross Combined Weight Reading)-(Max combined weight including Passengers, stuff, curb weight, tanks, ets). I have a generic manual from Fleetwood site, but it doesn't cover specifications like GVWR, GCWR, OCCC, tank sizes/weight, etc. I've searched and searched for info for 2 months now and have even called the Manufacturer, Fleetwood". They don't have any information because my RV is so old and the manufacturer actually went out of business in 2009. I've got little info and and hoping someone on here has the info I need. Please HELP!
Lady LaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2019, 07:07 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:46 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the forum.

You are joining a good group of folks here with good info to share. You might check the chassis manufacturer.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:33 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi, welcome to the forum. A quick google search brought up the 1983 Pace Arrow owner's manual but it doesn't answer your specific question about weights. See 1983 Fleetwood Pace Arrow Owners Manuals: 1983 Fleetwood Pace Arrow Owners Manual

Is your motorhome on a Ford or Chev chassis? You can decode the VIN # to get the GVW range on a Ford. Probably on a Chev as well. My memory is increasingly unreliable but I seem to remember the GVWR at 14,500 lbs for the Class A chassis. I expect GCWR would be 18,000 - 19,500 lbs. Does your title or registration documentation list any values?

We had a 31' about that vintage and I think those were the numbers. We were always overloaded although didn't have any problems associated with weight.

Good luck with your search. The information is out there someplace!
Bobog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:28 PM   #5

Thanks for the info. It's a Chevy Chassis, looked through a chevy guid and it say my RV can tow 1,000-4,000 lbs. I still want to double check what the GCWR is, rather be safe than sorry. I called Gen. Motors as that was listed on the info. Label. They said I'll have to get under the RV and get the Axle Ratio in order to find the info. I need. This has been one dead-end after another. Beginning to think buying this RV was a mistake. Trying to stay positive though.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:43 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Hello,
You bought a good MH we have a 1982 PA Chev P30 454 two fuel tanks front 30 gal rear 70 gal and our genie runs off the rear tank. If I remember it will burn 4 gallons per hour depending how many items your running.

It had 44,000 miles when we bought her currently 78000 miles we have towed on a KarKaddySS a 1999 Cadillac Deville to AZ 3 times and this year a 2009 Genesis pulled both easily.
More than likely I have most manuals that you might need. I will not be able too look till Monday. I can look for the ones you mentioned.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:37 PM   #7

Thank you.

Thank you for your reply. I would most definitely appreciate any information you can help with. I really don't know where else to look. This club is my last resort at this point. You've definitely given me some hope on this RV owning business. At first, I was a bit skeptical about this club, but am pleasantly surprised with the welcoming and willingness to help.

Thanks again,
Tina
Old 05-03-2019, 07:58 PM   #8

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I purchased what appears to be the very same Pace Arrow. It is 34 ft, with 35,000 miles. When I bought it, the previous owner fired up everything there is, the Omni Generator, etc. He had put a brand new RV Fridge in it as well as a new Microwave and everything ran like a jewel. I made videos of him showing me everything. I had to park it a couple of months before I moved, and I'll be darned if I didn't return to a dead coach? This model had TWO marine batteries and both were dead. I figure he wired it wrong, and both are dead. I'm gonna try to bring them back to life if it will ever stop raining here in Austin. However, I don't know why the coach doesn't have electricity and nothing in the coach will work when it's plugged into a 110 plug? I do have the amp converter on it? I guess it's something to do with the circuit the batteries were connected to>? I do have a mass collection of every manual that came with it> I suppose I could scan them with my Adobe phone app. It does excellent work!
What I need is a WORKSHOP MANUAL on the 451 engine? I found it gets better gas mileage than I ever thought it would> but the carb is running rich, so I would like some kind of manual on that engine? I figure it's time for a simple rebuild while I site up here on top of the highest "hill" overlooking Austin. She's a beauty though, in every way, uphostry, and even the carpet. It looks almost new, so I figure I'll have to comb through it and check everything. I know it's vintage and
"large", but it's easy to drive and the engine is a big block horse! I'm going to stay in it some and do my writing. It's a house on wheels! Lol! I know everyone is going small these days, but I got a great deal and I plan on doing some modern design on few things. Put a little color in it, etc. Anyways, I'll send you relative manuals page by page via PDF files. That's about the best I can do? I have the Omni, and all of the originals. Would like to stay in contact?

I need a manual for the engine and I don't think Pace Arrow included anything about the engine?

Regards,

Kirk
kirkallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:34 PM   #9

Thank you, that would be most appreciated. I've got little to no information on my RV and it's quite frustrating. I can relate on the battery situation. Mine died only 3 days after bringing it home. All 3 batteries needed replacing as well as the starter. Aside from that, I have yet to actually test out the water, black, and grey tanks. Nor have I hooked up any electricity. I'm praying I won't find any further complications. Hope you can find someone whom has the engine guide you're looking for.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:34 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Sorry no info yet been trying to get Pontoon, dock in the lake. Got it done today . Will dig out manuals this weekend.

Kirk Maybe a typo but could your motor be the 454?
tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:54 PM   #11

Yes! Not a typo....a no braino....Ha! It's a 454! Keeps me humble.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:37 PM   #12

Wink Will send day after tomorrow.

My Manuals are at my site, and I am presently in Austin, but will be back tomorrow night. The complete exact details of the GVW are on the first page. I'll go ahead and copy them all, with all of the pages within each title. As I'm sure is the same now, when they spend what they do now, they have choices about equipment. YES, mine is a 454. The original manuals of the oven are such a HOOT on the front cover! Made me think of my grandma serving up a hot apple pie. Ha! You will laugh. So don't fret yet. If I could sell my home and spend a "beaucoup de l'argent" for a new one, I will consider it. We all have our own means and I live off of royalties, and the variance between payout to payout can be exciting or fearful. First, I'd like to get my feet wet.

Driving it simple actually, but true, you are driving a 1982. If you got in a 1982 Buick, you might be looking for the seat belt etc. The ONLY thing I am doing first is to purchase and install some LARGE side mirrors! Later I will convert the lights to LED. I'm in Texas, so I'm not going to immediately install solar panels.....yet. I would only want to be consider of other campers. The omni runs great! Another strong machine, but amazingly, it is not loud. Well built! Good for them!

I already did a mini van conversion that has all of the modern aminities. The parson who noted the frame is partially right, but only as related to exactly what you are carrying. If you want to carry livable weight with you a long ways, just pack it towards the front. The tail is a bedroom, and the dualie's and the primary fuel tank are ahead of it. I can see all of the people that never even drove a motorhome back then, just simply screwing up in their driving skills, and complaining at Fleetwood. The tail is not at all an issue for me. It just means we should pay attention, as we should do in any such a vehicle. Tight turns and tight spots? Be aware. So what's new about that? Am I the only one left from the 60s? Ha! Larger Mirrors woulda been all I changed first. They didn't even have the mirrors back then that are available today. Buy them online.

Ok. I would give you my number, but I'm not sure what is allowed on this forum? I will get messages via my email, which I check daily. So fret not my friend!

Kirk

Tags
ace, pace arrow