Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2010, 04:56 PM   #1

Angry 2nd try

Hi Madame Boomer and all the other IRV2 members out there. This is my 2nd attempt to join your and now my group. I was intimidated by all the rules and regulations. I understand why they're there, it's just that I've never communicated with anyone "out there" on the net before and I simply don't know what to do. I guess I'll learn...
My husband, Hugh (alias Yogi) and I, Pat, purchased our used Sightseer 2 1/2 years ago and are getting into the swing of it. It's complicated and sometimes unforgiving (like when you forget to put the antennae down and get caught in the neighbors cable line). My husband had to climb a ladder and re-attach the wire by flashlight! What fun, but we're learning.
I may become an observer for a while (so that I will know how to go about this) but I'll jump in if I can lend anything worth while.
Looking forward to this new adventure.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfrogholler View Post
Hi Madame Boomer and all the other IRV2 members out there. This is my 2nd attempt to join your and now my group. I was intimidated by all the rules and regulations. I understand why they're there, it's just that I've never communicated with anyone "out there" on the net before and I simply don't know what to do. I guess I'll learn...
My husband, Hugh (alias Yogi) and I, Pat, purchased our used Sightseer 2 1/2 years ago and are getting into the swing of it. It's complicated and sometimes unforgiving (like when you forget to put the antennae down and get caught in the neighbors cable line). My husband had to climb a ladder and re-attach the wire by flashlight! What fun, but we're learning.
I may become an observer for a while (so that I will know how to go about this) but I'll jump in if I can lend anything worth while.
Looking forward to this new adventure.
Hi Pat...and Hugh -

So glad you finally got logged on and once you get the hang of posting, you'll do just fine! You did a good job of posting on this thread.

Don't get overwhelmed by all the rules and regulations - most people don't bother to even read them!!! The most important thing to remember is keep posting so we can read more of your adventures and we'll all share our tales too!

Would love to have seen the site of hubby on top of the rv w/ a flashlight unwrapping an antennae from a cable line! Believe me....we'll all done similar stuff and in the end, you just have to chalk it up to "learning"!!!

If you can't figure out how to do something, just click on the CONTACT US button at the top of any page and ask for help - it's only a click away!

If I can help you in any way, just click on my "avatar" (photos in the left corner of any post) and it will bring up a page where you can "contact info" me - either by Private Message (through this website) or by private email....and I'll help you through it!

Sandy

Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to iRV2. The rules are not meant to be intimidating. They are really pretty simple and basic.

Basic rule is be nice. Do not say anything that you would not tell your dear old church-going Grandmother.

Next is no discussions or comments on religion or politics. Without doubt, they always wind up in a fight.

No crude or offensive language or such.

No for sale type items in the forum.

If you have any questions on making a post, just click the Contact Us button and send a note to an administrator.

And finally, no biting, spitting, cussing, back stabbing, scratching and name calling.

As for problems, RVing, it gets easier, we were all newbies at one time.

Hope you enjoy the site. Up under Community Announcements, you can find a FAQ section for frequently asked questions section.

Ken
Old 09-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hello, and welcome. We are only members for a few months, and have learned so much from other members. Every time I read about something, I go tell my husband about, antenna, cb, new floors, chairs, etc, that members have done to their M.H. I love to read all they have to say. We have been camping for years, tent for the kids, then M.H. empty nest now. and we want to get on the road again soon. Good luck to you!

2006 Dolphin - 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Old 09-18-2010, 02:18 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
I Frogholler. Welcome to iRV2. We have rules? Hmmmm, I haven't even read them. However, I don't do any of those things like bitin, cussin n' spitting, etc. as TXiceman says, anyway.

Sorry about the antenna bit, but realize, that we have all been there. Next time you put the antenna up, hang your keys to the turn handle. You won't forget either one.

Hope to read some of your adventures in the future. Roland
Old 09-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting that first post under your belt!

Don't be intimidated by the rules... it's much simpler than you might think.

1) Common Sense....

2) The Golden Rule...

That covers 99% of it.

You'll find a lot of friendly folks here more than willing to help.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:47 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome and let me add that making mistakes or just having senior moments is just our way of learning.

If you learn something new in your travels, please let us know. I have been learning for 64+ years and still have a few things left to learn.

Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote