Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2012, 05:30 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Advice for a Newbie

Hi All!

Hope everyone is having a good Summer. I'm relatively new to this. I travel with my job and last year bought a 1997 Allegro Star. It's a 32 footer on the F53 chassis. Nothing fancy. But it's provided a home for me and my two dogs. After a year in it, I've decided I need something a little bigger. I'm looking at a 2000 Coachmen Sportscoach. I think it's a 38 footer.

Here are my two questions:

1. Does anyone know the history on the Allegro Star? I heard it was made for the rental market. That would make sense since there's nothing fancy about it. It's about as basic as you get. But it's been good to me so far.

2. Does anyone have a history with the 2000 Coachmen Sportscoach? Is it a good vehicle? Have you had any problems with it? Was it a good year and vehicle? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Oh yeah, and one more question... How do you post on this site? I wanted to post my questions about the Coachmen in a forum category that would be more appropriate that this one, but I just can't figure it out. Help!

Thanks for your time and have a great rest of your Summer.

Mark
Pforecast is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2012, 05:48 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Howdy Mark and welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy the site. In answering your questions, you can post some questions on specific models in the "owners corner forums". You should get a quick response there. Hope you enjoy your travels and good luck shopping for that newer unit.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mark;

Welcome to iRV2. We are glad you joined us. You received good information about visiting the Owners Corner Forums for answers to your questions. You should receive more replies there.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #4

Welcome to our forum!

TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Mark, and welcome to IRV2 if you're new here! Can't help with your questions. Good luck & God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Mark, welcome to the forum.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Hi Mark,

I can't tell you anything about the Allegro Star or the Coachmen but I'll point you to a forum that is made up of Tiffin Owners that might have some information about the Star.

TiffinRVNetwork

Good Luck,
Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
Thanks All

Thanks for the responses and suggestions. Glad to know there are folks out there willing to lend a hand or make a suggestion. Have a great rest of your Summer!
Pforecast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pforecast View Post
Thanks for the responses and suggestions. Glad to know there are folks out there willing to lend a hand or make a suggestion. Have a great rest of your Summer!
Regarding the info on the Tiffin coach, the owners forum is a very good location as well as "class A MH forum". All types of owners are represented here. I am positive you will receive an answer to your question! I believe? Your question as to posting must of been answered, however when you open the thread at the top left corner you will see a prompt that reads "new thread". This will open your text page then just submit!!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags