Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Almost Full Timers - new to iRV2

Retired this spring, sold the house in FL, built an addition on to our daughter's home in NY (to keep all our things we couldn't get rid of and still have a place to go), bought a 2005 40 ft Fleetwood Providence and set out on our great adventure. Said to ourselves "This is either the greatest thing we have ever done, or the stupidest thing we have ever done. Only time will tell."
All was "grand" until the July 4th weekend when on I-195 in NJ we were hit head on by a car after it blew a tire and lost control. Thank G-d we weren't injured and the driver of the car had really good insurance. But the Motorhome spent 3 months in the body shop in NJ while Fleetwood manufactured new body parts. Just got it back a few weeks ago. And now we almost feel like brand new - newbies, again.
Tonight we are settled in for the night at the Maryland House Service Plaza on I-95. Taking our Motorhome from Finger Lakes area of Western NY to a storage facility in Raleigh, NC to protect it from the cold weather - and just in the nick of time because it is snowing in NY. Will fly back to NY Sat. and stay until the middle of December to fulfill our Babysitting obligations to our first grandchild born this summer. Then we hit to road again. Destination - The FL Keys.

denNdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Welcome to IRV2! Glad to hear no one was injured and the MH has been repaired. We live in the Raleigh area and are from Upstate NY(Adams). We fulltime and use our daughters back yard for our frequent stops back to NC to spend time with 5 grandkids and one more on the way in February. Congrats on the new one on the way. Hope we see you on the road.

Brenda and Frank, FTers, Zebulon, NC
Raisin our mixed hound and our cat BooBoo.
2004 37' Holiday Rambler Vacationer
bsirby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:37 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club

Welcome to iRV2. We are happy you found us. Congratulations on your decision to go full time. I always wanted to do that but the DW would not go along with it. I understand your feelings about getting your coach back. I always get a little depressed when I have to give up my coach for awhile no matter the reason.

Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote