Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
Country Coach Owners Club
Aloha from Hawai'i

OK, you are probably thinking I floated my motorhome across the seas on pontoons? No, motorhomes are not allowed in Hawai'i.......so how come I have Hawai'i plates on my coach and toad? Because they allow resident Hawaiians to have Hawai'i license plates! One thing the DMV warned me about was to make sure I BOLTED them on my vehicles, because they have been known to "disappear" . Mine are well bolted, thank you, but the questions persist as to how I got my motorhome over here.

Nevertheless, let me introduce myself: I am a single female, driving a 36', quad slide, 2007 Country Coach Intrigue. Realize now, if I have any problems with the coach, whom will I call......Country Coach? No, not anymore. So, I'm hoping there are a number of CC owners following this Forum, so if a problem arises, I might ask them....or any member, for that matter......what to do.

My love of driving has blossomed from car racing (Gymkanas in Calif), to flying airplanes, and then best of all, my coach. In Hawai'i, I live on the Big Island, in a town sitting at 2500' altitude, right next to Mauna Kea, a 15000' mountain. Didn't know we had mountains? Yup, in fact 2 of them, both being an amazing 15000' above sea level, but actually they are counted as a total of 30000' each, because the mountains have risen from the sea making the Big Island by their eruptions of lava to make the land we live on.

This winter knowing it would be cold and rainy most of the time, I decided to fly to Berea, KY, where I keep my motorhome. From there i drove to Texas. traded in my older model Foretravel for a much newer CC. With 19K miles on it, i headed for Naples, FL for the winter. As my luck would have it, Naples, and Florida, in general, had a very cool winter. After all that, I will put my coach back in my Ky seclusion, and head for Hawai'i at the end of this month.

The warmth of the ocean, the white sands of the beach, and the smell of the wild blossoms is so very ethereal. I will enjoy it for a few months, then with the itch to drive, I'll fly to KY, wake up the coach, and drive to Seattle, my first stop.

Thank you for this opportunity to introduce myself, and I hope everyone has an opportunity to drive for the pleasure of it....... as I do!

Arthurpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2010, 07:23 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club

Welcome to iRV2. We are glad you joined us. You will want to visit the Country Coach Owners Forum as I am sure there is a lot of info there to help you. Post often and share your travel adventures with us.

Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
A BIG welcome to the FORUM. Sounds as if you have THE PLAN. My sister in law comes from the mountains above Honolulu. She saw the Japanese planes swoop into the bases in Dec. '41. Amazing. Again welcome.
Safe travels when in the Eastern States.
JOE.. LEO(ret.)-active USCGAUX-
ck. our website:www.overmountainsams.com
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
WELCOME Arthurpb!! Glad you found us!

I grew up in Hawaii and graduated from Kalaheo High in Kailua. For our senior class trip we went to the Big Island and stayed in Hilo and spent all day, each day going around the island.

Coming from Oahu, the Big Island seemed massive and could not get over one island having such distinctive terrain differences!

FYI, for those that do not know; Mauna Loa & Mauna Kea do get snow and people do ski and snowboard when they do. I remember the first time I heard that one of the mountains were getting snow. School emptied out as the skiers took off for the Big Island (of course the same thing happend when the big waves were coming in too

I think you might be the first RV'er--on the forum-- who's home state is Hawaii. Can't recall reading of anyone else but there are a LOT of members here!

Again, welcome!!

1990 Itasca Suncruiser 32'
1996 V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
7 Pomeranians, a white Chuihuhia & a 1982 Honda Express Scooter
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:03 AM   #5
Country Coach Owners Club
RE: In Appreciation

To all the folks who have written such kind and welcoming letters, I thank you for your thoughts and memories.

My next visit home will be the end of this month, and I am certainly looking forward to it. Although it is a long flight, and I'll miss my travels with the coach, somehow I can't stay away very long from my beloved Hawai'i. Besides the awesome beauty of the Big Island, the extreme diversity of the rain forests, the mega-miles of the A'a (lava), the green hills of Parker Ranch, and finally, the deep blue of the ocean. Certainly, one cannot forget the amazing smell of the wild flowers........the pikake, especially. To be able to walk out in my backyard, snip off wild orchids (Cymbidia), Birds of Paradise. ferns, and an array of interesting leaves and vines, I can make my dining table bouquet.

As requested, I will try to send some stories.......and pictures.....for your hopeful enjoyment!

Thank you again for your kindness and welcoming.

Arthurpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I look forward to a natives view of the islands. We've never been. Each time we talked about a trip it came down to cost. One week in HI for the cost of three in FL.

Perhaps someday...

Jay & Peggy Monroe with Dolly
Can't take it with you - don't plan on leaving any behind
2016 Newmar London Aire 4553, Spartan chassis
Wrangler Unlimited toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote