Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2008, 09:34 AM   #1

IT TAKES 15 HOURS TO FILL FRESH WATER WITH REVERSE OSMOSIS, OR ONE HOUR USING STANDARD WATER FILL. DURING THESE TIMES I HAVE NO WATER FOR USE IN LIVING QUARTERS, ALSO WHEN USING AUTO FILL IT TURNS OFF WATER PUMP, IF I TURN ON WATER PUMP IT TURNS OFF AUTO FILL. SOMETIMES DURING THR AUTO FILL THE AUTO FILL TURNS ITSELF OFF. THE ONLY WAY TO HAVE WATER FOR COACH IS WITH WATER PUMP, COACH WILL NOT ALLOW FOR PARK WATER FLOW TO COACH. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS
Christopher Cratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2008, 09:34 AM   #2

IT TAKES 15 HOURS TO FILL FRESH WATER WITH REVERSE OSMOSIS, OR ONE HOUR USING STANDARD WATER FILL. DURING THESE TIMES I HAVE NO WATER FOR USE IN LIVING QUARTERS, ALSO WHEN USING AUTO FILL IT TURNS OFF WATER PUMP, IF I TURN ON WATER PUMP IT TURNS OFF AUTO FILL. SOMETIMES DURING THR AUTO FILL THE AUTO FILL TURNS ITSELF OFF. THE ONLY WAY TO HAVE WATER FOR COACH IS WITH WATER PUMP, COACH WILL NOT ALLOW FOR PARK WATER FLOW TO COACH. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS
Christopher Cratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #3

CC; WELCOME to irv2.com We are glad you joined and posted. I've linked your post to the Alpine forum in hopes of getting you an answer.

Please turn off your caps lock, because its use is considered "screaming" on the forums.

Again, Welcome! ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:32 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hello,

We have an 07 APEX, my water pump works all the time when switched on, even when filling. I don't use the RO, because we just don't. I am keeping it for an emergency so if we do need it all the components will be new.
My guess is someone (WRV) wired it weird, that just means you need to change the wiring, so the WP works all the time when switched on. My autofil does shut off someplace between 94 & 101 gallons automatically. Depends on it's mood that day. Please as mentioned turn off your caps lock key, it's hard to read your posts.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:47 PM   #5

Christopher,

I remember talk about a software fix to correct the water pump shutting off during the filling process. Silver leaf electronics should be able to help you.
I have had an RO system in my coach now for 4 years. I would not be without it. If you need more water production add an additional RO membrane http://www.vagabondwater.com/ .
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:29 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Christopher,

Check with Silverleaf, it may just be a software glitch. Their # is 888-741-0259.

40' MD Apex
Paul "Sully" Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:34 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Chistopher Cratch, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. Good luck and enjoy the forums.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:48 PM   #8

Chris- your coach may have been an early programming version from Silverleaf, and may also need additional check valves in order for the pump to avoid running once the programming is updated. Our 06 (not Apex) pump would run a few bumps every few minutes while filling thru the RO if I had the pump on, till I added two additional check valves. This had to do with internal leaks thru the City/Fill type two way valves. Shouldn't be too hard to ferret this out once you have the program revised. Update us when you have that done.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:59 AM   #9

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort https://www.twospringsrv.com/
Silverleaf can set the pump to always be on. One problem I notice is than when the tank if filling from the top, it causes air bubbles which makes the pump cavitate. Maybe that is the reason it was originally set to off during fill.
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:47 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Basil, we were heading up to the Farm on Wednesday (I-5 north of Vancouver toward exit 54 rest stop). Saw an Alpine heading south on the other side, was that you heading for Quartzsite? If not hope you are having fun. We are still working, and don't know for how long.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:48 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Make that on Last Saturday instead of Wednesday.

Silverleaf has great customer service, and will be great to deal with. They have been great to me each time I have called them.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:27 PM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Christopher,

Welcome to the world of "APEX".

Others have given advice about silverleaf; here's my input on the RO system.

Since the Apex was the top of the line, WRV elected to add my RO system. The production rate is primarily controlled by the incomming water pressure. The membrane is rated at 300 gallons per 24 hour day at 107 psi and 77 degrees F. The flow versus pressure is a linear relationship, so at 50% pressure you will get 50% product. Cold water also impacts the prodsuction, but to a far lesser degree.

While WRV wanted the best water system, they scrimped on accessories that would tell you how the system is performing. A set of flow meters will let you actually see what flow you are getting to product and you can controll the waste water flow. Those items run about $200.

There is a "B&A" total dissolved solids meter availalbe for $60 that will enable you to see the direct readout of total solids before and after the membrane - so you can really know what quality of water you are getting.

Without the above accessories, you are flying blind with the RO system.

E-Mike is right on about the two check valves. I tried in vain to get the WRV engineers to install them at production; the net result is that I got to retrofit a bunch of units at rallies and folks like you get to ask a bunch of questions. It's almost impossible to tell you how to install the valves because not all units were plumbed the same way; further, if you were to look at the plumbing, you would probably just see a big jumble of pex pipe wandering around aimlessly - where to start?

Many Apex owners (and others) have added a second membrane to enhance the product flow - there are kits available to upgrade the system.

Good luck on the Silverleaf stuff; you can contact me if you need more info on the RO system.

Vagabondman
VAGABONDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote