Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-30-2011, 10:04 PM   #1

And here we go....

Greetings to all. I'm so happy I found this wonderful on-line resource. I'm sure the experts on board will help us avoid plenty of mistakes and help guide us down that huge RV pathway!

It all started with a plan to visit many of our terrific National Parks across the country. My wife just retired and I'm planning to retire next year so we thought we would "practice up" before the BIG trip. Last summer we purchased a tow trailer and after our first camping weekend we decided a motorhome would better suit our plan. So, last fall we sold the camper and purchased a 36' 2000 HR Endeavor and we just finished our first camping trip over Easter weekend. It went very well and we were so impressedwith the convenience offsetting up and taking down. Driving was not as bad as I expected. Staying between lines takes some getting used to and watching that tail swing requires attention, too.

We already bought a Roadway tow bar on CraigsList and just today bought a 2002 Honda CR-V. I'll be looking for some advice on brake systems.

Anyway, sorry for rambling on and on.... we're going to practice much this summer and next getting ready for the BIG trip. If all goes well we really take to the motorhome route we may choose to upgrade to a later model diesel.

Regards to all.

Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2011, 11:10 PM   #2
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
A "far out" name!
Enjoy your 36' 2000 HR Endeavor and

The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:19 AM   #3
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What a joy. We have a 36' motor home and a CR-V---great combo. I use Brakebuddy and found it easy and effective. If you go that route look into a device that charges the tow vehicle battery while you are moving----I'm getting one after years of experience without. On long tows days in a row just moving from spot to spot our battery would wear down in our CR-V. HAve fun---we are!!!!
I do all my own stunts
03 Dolphin LX 6355, Workhorse W22, 8.1 vortec, 04 CR-V, Blue Ox, Brake Pro----Norm, Barb and
Doc(He's a PhD)
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:19 AM   #4
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jupiter; You sure can't go wrong with a MH. The view while driving as well as you said about the ease of set-up. Just the convenience of everything while traveling is really worth it. Enjoy your MH and many safe travels. Looking forward to the retired life but got 4 more years. We use a brake buddy, works for us and you can use it in multiple vehicles with out much effort.
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP3569 330 CAT - Toad Jeep Liberty, DW is the Nagivator. Work to travel and everything revolves around the price of diesel.
rvjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #5

Thanks for the welcome and the brake buddy tip. I'll be sure to check it out. Again, great site and RVer's seem to be the friendliest group!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:54 AM   #6
Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Welcome to the forum. There a lot of nice folks on this forum willing to help when they can.

Many happy and safe miles.

2011 Coachmen Concord, Ford E450
DRosedale, BRosedale and Yorkies, Max, Molly, Harley
Pineville, LA
DRosedale is offline   Reply With Quote