Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2010, 04:35 PM   #1

Another newbie.

Greetings from NW Ohio! After 20 years of wanting a motorhome, we finally bit the bullet and brought home our 2010 Fleetwood Fiesta just yesterday. Only 300 miles on it and we are anxious for our first trip as well as learning everything there is to know about the RV'ing life.

Chris and Vicki

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2010, 06:37 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Chris and Vicki,
welcome to IRV2, you will find many helpful folks here. Wow! 20 years, and we thought we wanted one a long time (2 years).

Happy Trails

Old 07-16-2010, 08:19 PM   #3

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I guess we should say a little about ourselves. Both of us work in nuclear power and do a lot of travelling. We have 2 teenage children (who helped pick out the MH and gave their opinions so well...haha). We enjoy drag racing(both spectating and racing), gardening and canning, weekend getaways, Steeler football, tailgating at the occasional concert and spending time with family.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Old 07-16-2010, 08:40 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome! This is a super place for answering questions.
Are you power or research? Husband, Steve, is Director of Research Reactor, Reed College. We hit the road full-time July 2011. Just working out all the "new" issues on our coach in the meantime. Maybe we'll meet down the road....we'll know each other by the blue glow
Frantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:07 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Chris & Vicki, WELCOME!!! You've come to the right place. A LOT of people here that has decades of experience and is happy to share.

Please keep us posted on your adventures!

Sheila
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:18 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to the Forums, Nuke!

Man, I couldn't wait 20 years to finally buy a motorhome so I had to scale back on the price point. The Fiesta looks like a great value for a new Class A. Hope you enjoy it. How a bout a pic or two?

Maybe instead of putting on solar panels like so many other folks, a small reactor would be appropriate for supplemental power.
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:38 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Nice coach! See you on the road.
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:32 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Nuke_RP & welcome to the Fleetwood Family. Glad to have ya here.

Pop on over to the North Central Forum for Regional campout listings. Sometimes a campout is a bunch of us, sometimes a few, sometimes just 1. We'd love to have you join in. Let us know of your favorite campgrounds too.

Hope to meet up w/you sometime. Safe travels.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:42 AM   #9

Frantz, small world! We are in commercial power and have seen the inside of quite a few nuclear power plants. And yes, we will recognize each other by the "glow". LOL!

PNW, thank you for the welcome. There is a lot of information here and we are ready to learn.

Nick....LOL on the supplemental reactor! Knowing my DH, he would also consider a wind turbine. Pictures to follow after today's day trip to Pennsylvania.

Luke, thank you! We thought so too and are ready to show it off.

NLov...thank you, will do! Learning the campgrounds is one of the things we would like to know. Our first trip is to Cedar Point's camper village. Then off to the Columbus KOA which my husband says isn't bad. Other than those 2, we know nothing of all the other ones.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #10

Welcome! I just joined today and you are my first reply. I am a Buckeye and just returned from a trip to Columbus annd Akton area.
Found the Ohio State Park system to be great! Stayed more that a week at Alum Creek SP near Columbus. Plently of places for you to break-in your new RV.
Was in Akron for the Soap Box Derby. Grand daughter from CA was driving but did not make the cut.

Have been RVing for more thab 30 years and love it. Enjoy your new life style.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:49 PM   #11
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke_RP View Post
NLov...thank you, will do! Learning the campgrounds is one of the things we would like to know. Our first trip is to Cedar Point's camper village. Then off to the Columbus KOA which my husband says isn't bad. Other than those 2, we know nothing of all the other ones.
Start with the reviews in the Campgrounds section & also look through the campgrounds in my photo albums (link in my sig). That'll give you some CG's to start with.

Lori-
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 08-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Ryegal
welcomeand nice to have you this is a great site and fun!!!! Enjoy and post often.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:35 AM   #13

PCBob...welcome to the site! Did you stay at the Columbus KOA? We are headed there next weekend for Mopar Nats. We just returned from our maiden voyage just this morning. We spent 2 days at Cedar Point and absolutely loved our trip! This MH is the best purchase ever made and we look forward to our next outing. (oops..nvm...reread your reply and saw that you stayed at the Alum Creek SP)

Thank you Lori. We will most definately click your sig line!

Thank you Ryegal....will be posting more often. Been busy the last few weeks but have some time now until our next road trip. lol!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #14
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Take your mosquito repellant & yard fogger to Buckeye Lake KOA. They've got a small creek that runs through the older part of the campground (the newer, deluxe site section isn't nearly as bad) & even though they spray, the little buggers still manage to make themselves known. It's worse when it's hot/humid out. I've also found having a small fan helps - moving air keeps the blood-suckers at bay.

Lori-