Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2008, 03:01 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
cb5300 -- They did attempt to repair the splits at Harrisburg -- The point is,they never should have occured in the first place -- I hope that you are aware, that there is a big difference in a Sig & a Camelot -- Apples & Oranges -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2008, 03:55 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This the first forum that I have ever joined and talked on so if I sound a little dumb at times, I'm nervous about offending someone... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>batman22...don't be nervous...just be yourself!
(and you are right...you will see another perspective from almost each person who posts. )

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:11 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
[QUOTE]Originally posted by William Willard:
-- I live in AZ. & it does get hot inside the coach, but the Newmars were parked in the same place, & never a problem

Bill,

Our sunnybrook travel trailer had some issues with wood too but it is SO darn hot in those babies in the summer

By the way, you do live CLOSE to us! We ate at Joe's today and drove down the street to look for your Camelot. Are you the one with the very nice garage for the MH in the rear of the property? very NICE set up if that's you. We definitely have to meet at Joe's for a sandwich.......
mom2mastiffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:47 PM   #18

I have a six year old Beaver and I'm in Mesa AZ, no wood problems.

I suggest a tour of the MOnaco factory in Coburg OR. The Camelot, Contessa and Scepter are built in one factory (and I think also the Windsor, diplomat and Endeaver), the S chassis models are built in another factory (Executive, Navigator, Patriot Thunder, Marquis and Signature).

On my factory tour we were told that Monaco has continued the Beaver tradition of quality woodwork and cabinetry and they would be exclusively Cat powered. They said the Contessa has 400 more hours of labor than the Camelot, most of it in the cabinetry. The Marquis had another 1600 hours of labor in the cabinets.

Friends bought an 08 Camelot last summer and we did a thorough review of it and other brands and models at the the FMCA rally in Redmond. Personally I liked the Camelot floor plans the best and the Contessa cabinetry the best, difficult dilemma if I had to pick one. IMO our friend's Camelot is a lot of MH for the money with a very livable floor plan.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:01 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Mama, you saw the woodwork in the Sig, how would you rate it...? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Vey nice, Charles..but again... Apples & oranges..to steal a phrase of someone else here !

MM

Old 03-19-2008, 09:04 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">By the way, you do live CLOSE to us! We ate at Joe's today and drove down the street to look for your Camelot. Are you the one with the very nice garage for the MH in the rear of the property? very NICE set up if that's you. We definitely have to meet at Joe's for a sandwich....... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey M2M... I think he expects you to stop by with your coach for a driving lesson...take him up on it...He is the best darned instructor I had...especially when it comes to backing into a spot and on dumping tanks!(Hi BP!)

Old 03-20-2008, 04:48 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Karen -- That`s me -- I look out my office window & watch people heading to Joe`s -- It`a amazing how much business that Bar-B Que place generates -- A sandwich sounds good -- Stop by, we`re home most of the time, & very casual -- Mama, thanks for the compliment -- I had a very good student -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:23 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by William Willard:
I hope that you are aware, that there is a big difference in a Sig & a Camelot -- Apples & Oranges -- Bill Willard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is true, of course, there is also a difference between the Camelot and a Dynasty...I stand corrected.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:37 AM   #23

I have a friend with an '05 40' Beaver Monterrey, 4 slides for sale, if you want to save some money...
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote