Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2016, 12:21 PM   #1

Big Dreams

Hello everyone - great to be joining this site.

I come to this group, not as an RV Owner, but as an RV Dreamer. I have met some Full time Solo Rving Seniors and knew right away that that was what I want my life to be. I celebrated my 55th Birthday by saying, "In less than 2 years I want to have a successful Virtual Assistant business, live in a Class C with an awesome work station, and travel the United States while continuing to work full time as my own boss." I could only say this out loud to my brother, but never to my older sisters who already see my life long wonder lust as a negative thing.

So, I am building my website and researching, researching, researching...and have a sense of excitement that I have not had for quite a while. This is a future I can see clearly and would be a perfect life for me.

I am hoping to learn from the various group posts available here, and possibly make some connections with other people who are full time rving now with their own Virtual Assistant business.

I have 24 months or less to make my dream a reality!

How did you make the leap? If you are not yet retirement age, and have made the decision to leave the security of a 9-5 job to live a fuller life, and are doing all of this on your own - I have one question for you. How did you start?

Thanks!
Water Lilly
Water Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2016, 12:25 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Hope you dreams come true!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 12:34 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
ya know what, you just do it.... when you have such a strong desire, somehow, the doors just open. Don't get discouraged, and keep smartly working on it - it's a snap.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:35 AM   #4

Old 07-17-2016, 07:47 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Glad to have you here in the forum with us.

Never look at the desire to travel the country and see it's marvels as a negative. I am not a full timer, but we do travel extensively and we love it. Our friends and family who see our travels always remark how they'd like to do it too.
We did it by going to the deep end of the pool and just diving in. We've never regretted it.

Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 07:53 PM   #6

Awesome! I retired (quit ) at 45. Life is too short to work for someone else. Don't look back and as long as you are debt free you will be shocked at how little you can live on.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:54 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lilly,

What a beautiful dream! Welcome to the Forum!

I came here two years ago because I had a dream. I wanted to have an RV, particularly a Class A Motorhome. I read and researched and asked questions and read some more. I watched videos and went through every thread I could find about anything RVing.

I am 63 and retire in 16 months roughly. I purchased my Class A Motorhome just over a year ago. It has been an amazing journey, we have learned a lot and have more to learn, but I am absolutely in love with this lifestyle! I can't wait for my last day of work and getting in our rig and hitting the road.

My plan is to work at the National Parks and see them that way. There are numerous jobs for people in RVs and full timing. Check out workkampernews.com for jobs. There is a thread under "Forums" for full timers and working while RVing. Check them out.

How did I start? I came here to learn what I needed to know. I kept looking until I found the rig I wanted, bought it and now await my retirement. I will be just shy of 65. I still work now for insurance. That will be your biggest challenge unless you have it supplied.

Don't let anyone steal your dream from you. Who cares if they think you're crazy, I think you are courageous! Keep looking, PM me if you want to dream, I will support and help you all I can. This is possible, you can do this, and you will do this.

I look forward to hearing about your journey. Amazing! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full timer, internet, solo, working full time