Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-25-2016, 12:10 PM   #1
Black dog

I am new to RVing and blogs. Kinda computer dumbly too. My wife and I purchased a 2010 winne vista 30'. I just had new tires put on and I am thinking about air ride front and rear to smooth the ride. I need to know what is good, price and can I do it myself. It sits on a ford 53 18000 gvrw

Black dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2016, 02:41 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi and

US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 03:40 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:17 PM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Black Dog,

Welcome to the Forum! There is a "Search" engine here. Put your question in there and see if you can come up with an answer. Otherwise, there are drop down menus under every heading at the top of this page do more detailed areas.

Best of luck, LB
Love the sunshine and warmer weather!
Lynne and Jerry RVM 105
2004 Winnebago Itasca Sunova / 2012 Toyota Prius / 2016 ACME EZE-Tow Dolly
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 05:53 AM   #5
If by air ride, you mean replacing the original springs with air bags, I have only seen such a conversion for the rear where the leaf springs are replaced by a trailing arm with an air bag at the end. This was in a magazine ad several years ago but I haven't seen anything recently. This product is likely quite expensive.

There are supplementary products, like Sumo springs, or add-on air bags, that claim to improve the ride quality,but these don't produce the benefits of full air suspension. Use SEARCH here to explore posts for such products (Type in Ford air bags, or Sumo Springs, etc).

You will likely increase your computer skills by using Google search to look for air ride conversion products. Good luck

Originally Posted by Black dog View Post
I am new to RVing and blogs. Kinda computer dumbly too. My wife and I purchased a 2010 winne vista 30'. I just had new tires put on and I am thinking about air ride front and rear to smooth the ride. I need to know what is good, price and can I do it myself. It sits on a ford 53 18000 gvrw
George Schweikle Lexington, KY
1999 Safari TREK 2830, FMCA 190830, Safari International chapter
1995 Safari TREK 2630, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote