Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2011, 11:56 PM   #1

blond camping chronicles

I've figured out how to dump the black and gray water (and replaced both valves). Primary objectives! I've found the breaker box - good for getting the microwave going again...ahhhh...instant coffee. Note to self - you can only plug just so many things in at once. I've cleaned and greased the awning. I've gotten the ceiling air vent working again. I still can't get the sheets on the foam bed by myself - guess I'll have to find help for that. NOW can I please just go camping??? ha. Whole new life here in this Roadtrek.
gablesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2011, 12:49 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

It's great to read your making progress, now go camping.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:11 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
gablesgal;

Welcome to iRV2. The challenges we face the first few months in a new RV is what makes us experienced campers. I am glad you are making your way through your challenges and can set back and enjoy. Post often and share your RV experiences with us.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:14 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
You go girl! Sounds like you're getting on just fine. Nina
Old 03-02-2011, 07:32 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
HAHA! Those beds can be a handful...welcome to the forum!
John_N_Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:40 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
The Roadtrek is a nice package, easy to drive and all the amenities.

Keep plugging along and you'll keep finding neat things and clever ways to do them.

Welcome!!

Dick
Old 03-02-2011, 07:58 AM   #7
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Okay! Welcome. I hope that you have many adventuresome travels.

Let me suggest that if you need help, just go to any truck stop, walk into the resturant and holler, "Can anyone help me put the sheets on the bed in my RV?"

Please move out of the way of the mad rush.

Let the adventures start!

Welcome.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:20 AM   #8

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like your making great progress. Hang in there and good luck...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to iRV2!

I hope you have fun here and find lots of good advises!
Old 03-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
You could do what a Lady did that we met about 12 years ago.

Her and her Husband had retired, sold it all and bought a 5th wheel. About 6 months into the adventure, he suddenly passed away. She had never driven the truck or towed the 5th wheel and also had never set anything up. She had little mechanical ability but was cute and sweet.

She pulled in next to us in a park Idaho. She just parked in front, got out and kept walking around. I went outside and asked if she needed something, she explained she could not back up the rig and questioned my ability. I got in, pulled it forward and backed it in for her. When she went to level, the jacks on the 5th wheel stuck and would not come down. After working on the problem for awhile, a few other Guys came over and started to help. After taking apart the jacks it became apparent we needed a part repaired, we all went to the workshop of the campground used their bench vise and tools and repaired the part and went back and reassembled the jacks and got her set up.

Later that evening, we invited her for dinner, she said she did not have anywhere to go or anyplace to live other than the rig and could not afford to take the depreciation after her Husband passed away. On her first adventure and first stop, someone had helped her. Then and there she determined that RVs were a great bunch of people and with their help, she could probably make it on her own.

When we met her, she had been doing it for 5 years and had never had to set up her rig alone, she always arrived at a park in the morning when the bored men were just sitting around, she found that most RVers were as kind hearted as the first she met.

Here's hoping she is still on the road and that you will meet the same kind of people!
Old 03-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome, one problem at the time, next thing you know it'll all come together and everything (well almost) will work.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:45 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Okay! Welcome. I hope that you have many adventuresome travels.

Let me suggest that if you need help, just go to any truck stop, walk into the resturant and holler, "Can anyone help me put the sheets on the bed in my RV?"

Please move out of the way of the mad rush.

Let the adventures start!

Welcome.
Wayne, I tried that once...all the guys asked me if my wife had left me, and the ladies just rolled their eyes...
John_N_Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:50 AM   #13

Blond Camping Chronicles

Wow, Thanks! to all those kind replies I've gotten on my post. It truly is a new life out here. After spending six weeks on the road in S. Florida, staying at Encore campgrounds, I'm starting to get a few things worked out. Rule #1 - Unplug EVERYTHING before you take off. Rule #2 - Check a 2nd and even 3rd time to be SURE you've unplugged everything (and, no, I did NOT drive away with my electric cable plugged in!). Rule #3 - Secure EVERYTHING inside the camper - this means the little candles in glass jars, the coffee cup you set down on the counter, the DOG. Rule #4 - If all else fails, learn to LAUGH at yourself! and Enjoy the Ride!

I would love any suggestions for awesome campgrounds anyone has found out there.

Best to all and Be a Happy Camper!

PS: I particularly liked the suggestion for inquiring at a truck stop as to help getting the sheets on the bed. HA!
gablesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:11 AM   #14
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gablesgal View Post
If all else fails, learn to LAUGH at yourself! and Enjoy the Ride!
That sums it all up in a nutshell
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote