Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-26-2011, 07:27 AM   #1
Bonjour from France!

Greetings to all...

I'm not exactly new here but my last post was just over 2 years ago so thought it best to re-introduce myself and my wife.

My wife and I met over 30 years ago in Australia....her, a tourist from France, and me, a tourist from California. We settled in Sydney and our two children (27 and 24) were born there.

We now live in Paris, France and do quite a bit of traveling together around the world. I'm retired and my wife has lots of free time in between assignments teaching english to French people who desire work in the travel industry.

I have a sister who has a hobby farm in Colorado and a few years ago I bought a Class C 1997 Fleetwood Jamboree Searcher 26F in California
and re-registered it in Colorado and left it at my sis's place where it's been parked for
the last two years..

She's (my Searcher is a lady) been freezing and baking in the sun quite regularly (sometimes daily) and the cover I bought for her ripped in half and blew off in gale force winds several months ago....I came back to Colorado a few weeks ago and the original plan was to use her for a few months this summer and then try to sell her...but we may keep her...My wife, who flys into Denver in a few weeks, has never seen her before...so if they like each other and can get along....?

With great difficulty, I've found a few manuals on-line and have been slowly trying to figure out how things work.....hopefully during the next few weeks I'll be able to learn a lot from the good people on this board..

The questions I have may seem elementary or even silly to many here but I'm a quick learner and will certainly appreciate any advice!

On the other hand, as my "handle" suggests, I know a bit about how to get from point A to point B on a global scale and would be happy to assist anyone who's got any questions about a possible trip abroad....

Good to be back home!

goneglobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2011, 08:14 AM   #2
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome goneglobal,
There are no too elementary or silly questions here. Just questions that you need answers to. Sounds like you have had a wonderful time living and working in some many different places across the globe. Share your experiences with us. I do have a question for you. Since you're from the U.S., your wife is from France, and your children were born in Australia, are they natural citizens of all three counties? That'd be awesome, if they're not expected to pay taxes to all three.
Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote