Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
seawalker57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 11
Boone NC - heading for Nova Scotia

Hello from Boone NC. My wife and I are happy to travel around in our pet Charlie's 2003 American Coach Eagle. You will see him hanging around the front windshield not missing a thing. We have traveled around the US in this our third unit. Next trip in a month or so to Nova Scotia as well as New England states. Hope to see you on the road.
__________________

__________________
seawalker57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
jimandsandy's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Westfield, NC
Posts: 282
Hi, Welcome to This fourm, great people here, I hope you will enjoy your Coach as much as we have. Have a great trip to N.G. Canada. We have only had minor problems with ours nothing I could not fix myself (On the fleetwood side) Hope to meet up with you all somewhere. We are from Westfield NC. (About 2 Hrs. from Boone) We camp at Maybeery Campground in Mount Airy some.
Jim
__________________

__________________
2003 American Eagle
Cummins Diesel
2003 Focus Wagon
jimandsandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by seawalker57 View Post
Hello from Boone NC. My wife and I are happy to travel around in our pet Charlie's 2003 American Coach Eagle. You will see him hanging around the front windshield not missing a thing. We have traveled around the US in this our third unit. Next trip in a month or so to Nova Scotia as well as New England states. Hope to see you on the road.

Hi seawalker, we were on a Good Sam Tour of Nova Scotia July 2010. It was a nice trip. Be sure to go to Prince Edward Island. It is beautiful About $56. bridge toll across the Confederate Bridge. Cabot trail in Nova Scotia is a long hard day. We left our RV at Arm of Gold camp ground 902 736 6516 and took the car. We would do this again. Alexander Graham Bell visitation center at Bedeck NS, Peggys Cove near Halifax, NS, Do not forget Acadia National Park near Bar Harbor, Maine. Timberland Campground at Ellsworth. phone 207 667 3600 Elm River park, Truro, NS 902 662 3162 aa good place to stay, good people. Winston is the owner, him and his soon very good rv tech's. If you have any ideas about taking the ferry from Sidney NS to Newfoundland, you need reservations a couple weeks in advance. Ferry is usually many hours off schedule. Water is always very rough. We did not go, but others have been a little disapointed. Do not forget your pass port, call your credit card people and tell them where you are going. Food and fuel abour 40 % higher. Hope you have a good trip, If you want any more info, call us 812 346 4396 Don & Janetta Robinson, the old trucker.
__________________
Old Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 26,358
Hi folks! Welcome to IRV2! It's great to have you join the group! That's some beautiful country up there! We usually get up that way every fall. Probably won't be able to make it this year because of medical problems. Good luck & God bless!
__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
historyljc's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Posts: 5,173
Hi, welcome to the forum.
__________________
Travel well, travel safe,
Jim
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
seawalker57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 11
Thanks for the kind welcome. Will be asking for a lot more info on Nova Scotia. We have toured the New England states a few times and your right Bar Harbor is great. Lobster is even better.
__________________
seawalker57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #7
KAS
Senior Member
 
KAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 246
Welcome to the forum!
__________________
KAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
336muffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,569
Welcome to the forum and hello to Jim and Sandy! Belinda and I are in Moab!
__________________
American Tradition 42R-Cadillac SRX Blue Ox Koni 5050XL MCD Scangauge D Samsung rf197
Fulltime since 2012
336muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
rocknrun's Avatar
 
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Statesville, NC
Posts: 167
I'm down the road from you in Statesville and my daughter is an App grad so I've made lots of trips to Boone!

__________________
1995 Thor Residency 3500
Amateur Radio W4KTL
ARRL Member
rocknrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:08 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Butte64's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Aiken County, SC
Posts: 1,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by seawalker57
Hello from Boone NC. My wife and I are happy to travel around in our pet Charlie's 2003 American Coach Eagle. You will see him hanging around the front windshield not missing a thing. We have traveled around the US in this our third unit. Next trip in a month or so to Nova Scotia as well as New England states. Hope to see you on the road.
Welcome
Do you live in Boone when not traveling?
We do not have an RV yet but are checking out places to go on weekends from where we live near Aiken, SC. Boone, Blowing Rock, Little Switzerland are high on our list. We are familiar with Asheville from several car trips.

Any suggestions on campgrounds to stay or avoid? We will probably have a 34' MH and with my inexperience backing up, a bigger space is better!

Jerry
__________________
Jerry
2018 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ Sweet Victory
2017 Grand Cherokee
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:09 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
 
Bruce C's Avatar
 
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NH
Posts: 5,099
Have a great time touring. Try to see the fall colors if you can in the White Mtns of NH or New England for that matter. Have a safe and trouble free trip.
__________________
Bruce & Nancy
FMCA F280542
2004 Bounder 35E
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #12
Junior Member
 
seawalker57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Welcome
Do you live in Boone when not traveling?
We do not have an RV yet but are checking out places to go on weekends from where we live near Aiken, SC. Boone, Blowing Rock, Little Switzerland are high on our list. We are familiar with Asheville from several car trips.

Any suggestions on campgrounds to stay or avoid? We will probably have a 34' MH and with my inexperience backing up, a bigger space is better!

Jerry
Jerry,
We do live in the Boone area. I have not been through a lot of campgrounds in our area however Grandfather CG seems to have the largest number of big rigs from my view. I would stay at Price Lake CC on the Blue Ridge Parkway and visit Boone, Blowing Rock, Mast Store (our LL BEAN), Banner Elk, Beach Mountain, and such. Lots of Day trips. Flintlock on 105 outside of Boone is a little tight but has full hookups. be careful entering and leaving (busy road and lots of accidents). Honey Bear for just camping seems to be popular. Lots of campfires and kids. Road from 105 to campground has a couple of hairpin curves just take your time you should have no problems. Have fun and leave lots of bucks in our area.
__________________
seawalker57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:40 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
seawalker57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce C View Post
Have a great time touring. Try to see the fall colors if you can in the White Mtns of NH or New England for that matter. Have a safe and trouble free trip.
Been there and do enjoy the fall colors. Neat view from top but was happy to have the jeep for driving up that road. Should have rode the train.
__________________
seawalker57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Butte64's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Aiken County, SC
Posts: 1,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by seawalker57

Jerry,
We do live in the Boone area. I have not been through a lot of campgrounds in our area however Grandfather CG seems to have the largest number of big rigs from my view. I would stay at Price Lake CC on the Blue Ridge Parkway and visit Boone, Blowing Rock, Mast Store (our LL BEAN), Banner Elk, Beach Mountain, and such. Lots of Day trips. Flintlock on 105 outside of Boone is a little tight but has full hookups. be careful entering and leaving (busy road and lots of accidents). Honey Bear for just camping seems to be popular. Lots of campfires and kids. Road from 105 to campground has a couple of hairpin curves just take your time you should have no problems. Have fun and leave lots of bucks in our area.
Thanks for the suggestions. Well, except for the lots of bucks.

I have been to MAST in Hendersonville and Asheville so know what you mean.

Jerry
__________________

__________________
Jerry
2018 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ Sweet Victory
2017 Grand Cherokee
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.