Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2011, 05:03 AM   #1

Brrr...from Bangor Maine!

Looking out at 15" of new snow, shrugged and thought let's go hang out with the RV'ers! LOL

I am still in the "wishing" stage but someday I hope to sell my big ole' farm house and buy a small RV and chase the 70 degree weather with my wife. Let the kids TRY and find us!

Hi everyone, looking forward to making some new friends.
ShadeDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2011, 05:49 AM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeDoctor View Post
Looking out at 15" of new snow, shrugged and thought let's go hang out with the RV'ers! LOL

I am still in the "wishing" stage but someday I hope to sell my big ole' farm house and buy a small RV and chase the 70 degree weather with my wife. Let the kids TRY and find us!

Hi everyone, looking forward to making some new friends.
Hey Chummy,
We be Mainers chasing the sun. Currently in mid state Florida. It's a a balmy 57 and overcast this morning and the golf scramble doesn't start until 1:00Pm today. I was going to go out and shovel the steps off but we forgot our shovel.
Hope all is well in Bang-er. Welcome to IRV2. Come back often. Pick a forum of interest and set back and read instead of heading out in the snow.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:00 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Cool

Sounds like a case of cabin fever to me. I've got it too. In just 3 weeks we are south bound. Come on Florida!!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome ShadeDoctor,
That snow is pretty stuff. I watch it on TV all the time. We're at 56 and sunny right now. It was down to 29 here last night. That's major overcoat weather here.

Come on down. The white stuff here is called beach sand. Don't forget your sunglasses.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #5

Do I sense a bit of "ribbing"! LOL Actually rather beautiful today with the Sun shining, we won't talk about the -3 degree temp! Anyone want a refugee family of 4???
Old 01-23-2011, 04:21 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeDoctor View Post
Do I sense a bit of "ribbing"! LOL Actually rather beautiful today with the Sun shining, we won't talk about the -3 degree temp! Anyone want a refugee family of 4???
Nobody here would do that
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fw: Northern Winters (1).jpeg
Views:	88
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	7846  
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:28 PM   #7

Good to hear from a fellow Mainiac, Eh Yuh. We are originally from "the County" and moved to the Northwest 5 years ago. We too are working toward greater enjoyment of the RV life in a couple of years. Not destined to be fulltimers but looking forward to a part time lifestyle that gets us on the road for 4 or 5 months/year. This summer we are doing the Yellowstone thing and then a little later up to Glacier Nat Park to look the area over. Hope all goes well for you in your plans beyond the wishing stage!
Relaxd1
relaxd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:56 PM   #8

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rent one now, pull the kids out of school for a week or two and head south. Thats how we started over 35 years ago.

It gives you a better idea on what you want or need in the future, and a chance to look back to the good times rather than looking ahead. Life is toooooooo short.

Rent one and join us now !!

PS: Headed south for a month or so this week.

Paul
pkendzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #9

Paul and Carol,

Just went through your blog and photos. Fantastic. You can sure see you like the "road trips". We do to but have to wait a while longer to get finished with doctor appointments.

Sure enjoyed your blog.

Thanks,
Linda
LinCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:41 AM   #10

I love the idea of renting an RV and traveling with the kids, but at the risk of sounding "paranoid"...Do regular RVer's "joke" about the rental RVer's? Now...I know none of YOU would ever think about doing that...but...I wonder if that is the case and wouldn't want to be the butt of any jokes. Am I being silly? Just seems like I would be driving with a big neon sign saying...look "rookies"! LOL

The kids would love it and we have discussed it many times, but I am not sure what I am doing and would likely have a buzillion questions that will surely have regular RV'ers rolling their eyes and laughing.

Did anyone else feel that way at first? Your earlier experience while you learned the ropes would be helpful. Thanks
Old 01-27-2011, 09:33 PM   #11

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've never laughed at the rental RVers. And always offer assistance if they
seem a little unsure of what they are doing.

We got so much help the first time out from everyone - It's a great way to vacation with the kids and dogs. Too bad we don't have enough vacation time, or jobs we can do on the road!
Purplefans & Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:12 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Hey!!..ShadeDoctor:

Hi from Casa Grande, AZ, and a BIG WELCOME to the iRV2 gang!!

Don't even concern yourself about being the butt of any jokes if you're out traveling in a rental unit. Most "regular RV'rs," as ya call em, started into the RV lifestyle in the same manner and will do whatever they can to extend a hand to anyone who has the gumption to giver er a try!! Funny thing is, if a rental unit pulls into a campsite next or near to us, most of those "regular RV'rs" will kinda hope the folks in that arriving rental rig WILL ask em questions so they can help em out. In fact, if ya want to
quickly become part of a group of campground neighbors, ask the guy/gal next door or across the drive from where ya just parked, a question about, say, hookin up, or where to get groceries, or whatever. Sometimes folks try to paint "regular RV'rs" as stand-off-ish, cause they won't talk to ya, but taint the case!!..it's just that RV'rs try to respect the privacy of fellow RV'rs, (even those in rental units) so they kind of hold back unless a new arrival demonstrates that they are open to engaging in neighborly dialog.

Now....having said all this, ya gotta understand, that it is kinda of entertaining for those "regular RV'rs", to watch a new arrival into a near-by campsite roll in to the park, work to get their rig positioned, fuss around tryin to get hooked up to electrical, water, sewer, etc......BUT......it doesn't matter if that new arrival is a seasoned Rv'r, or someone in a rental unit.....it's just kinda fun to watch, and, sometimes pretty funny!! For example, watchin one person from a newly arriving rig as they try to direct the driver trying to back into a campsite CAN be a HOOT!! Just remember...we've ALL been there and rental rig jockeys are NO DIFFERENT than those "regular RV'rs."

Hope to see ya down the road.

Steve & Lynette
Old 01-29-2011, 10:55 AM   #13

Thanks for the encouraging words. They make perfect sense and go along way to releave my anxiety. I think we will give er a go this summ'ah. With all the great RV spots around Bar Harbor, I think I will keep it relatively local and enjoy the RV Community more than the "open road" to start.

Heck...people travel for hundreds of miles to get where I can get to in minutes. Why not enjoy it and save a few bucks on gas. Anyone heading for Maine, give me a shout out! I appreciate the friendly responses, I already feel like it will be a very welcoming experience and am getting quite excited about it.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, will be lurking and learning all I can, so be sure and say hello from time to time. Tim & Barb
Old 01-29-2011, 06:51 PM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just a note to say thanks for the memory.. What memory.

"3rd boxcar, midnight train, Destination Bangor Maine
Old worn out suit and shoes, don't pay no union dues"

(Song title: King of the Road, , As I recall, Roger Miller)

Tags
window blind shade repair