Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-16-2007, 02:06 PM   #29
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
i looked at alot of mh's before i got mine. i liked the price the quilty, floorplan.and i to belive you get agood buy for your buck.haven't had no major problem's with it.just afew little one's but i think everyone has them

03 damon challenger 329
"the cheapest beach house i'll ever own and can move it when ever we want"
bmanSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2007, 02:30 PM   #30
My brother has a Damon Intruder 351. I am amazed at the good service that coach has given him over the past 7 years. It is on a Ford chassis, both the coach and the chassis have been almost trouble free for the whole time he has owned it. My brother is not a detail nut like myself. He lets it sit, jumps in and turns the switch when he is ready to go. It always responds with out a problem. He doesn't abuse it, but does not baby it either. It has an exceptional floor plan with great interior. He will probably keep it until it will not go any more. Myself I am a Winnie owner and have no complaints.

Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:34 PM   #31
We currently own a brand new 2007 Damon Tuscany 4055. Before that, it was a 2006 Damon Tuscany 4076. We absolutely love our motorhomes.

Of course we had some minor problems but that was not Damon's fault. It was the fault of the company who made the circuit boards or the company who made the back up camera etc etc. Damon's overall product is great. No, it's not top of the line but I don't want top of the line either. The only issue we are confronted with that is Damon's responsibility is the front door and the door lock. We take our motorhome to the service center and have it fixed under warranty each and every time without any problems. We have even had mobile services come out to fix issues on our motorhome.

Your dealer has alot to do with the success you have with your motorhome too.

Find the floorplan you like, the interior/exterior colors you like, and then go for it. Most if not all motorhome manufactureres have nightmare stories. Yes, Damon had some quality control issues about 6 years ago. Nowadays they seem to be on top of it!!

There are two adults, 2 teen agers and 2 dogs in our family and our motorhome has passed the test.

2010 Allegro Bus 43QGP
Lucky509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:48 PM   #32
The response and inputs have been great. I will definitely check into the Damon when we make our move. In fact it will be the first one I look at. Thanks.
2003 3500 Chev Ext cab dually, DMax/Allision
TBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:16 PM   #33
I would agree with others when it comes to good dealer being important no matter the brand. RV industry as a whole is covered in quality issues but a good dealer can make a lot of that disappear.
02 F250 PSD
03 Carriage Cameo F27RKS
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:17 AM   #34
We traded a 1990 Georgie Boy for a 2000 Damon Intruder repo with 3500 miles in Dec. 2000. Floor plan is what sold it, and liked the Ford chassis. It came with no warranty from the dealer, and the dealer (2800 miles from where we live) was worthless anyway. I fixed minor stuff (front TV loose, headlight connector disconnected, front end alignment way off) etc. We had it 43,000 miles and six years of half timing. Loved it, but realized that it was assembled in a hurry by people who were more interested in their coffee breaks than doing a neat job. During this six years I called Damon several times for help, and they said (in effect)"let me look out back and see if we are still on the planet Earth and if we are making barbecues or RVs". They were useless.

In October 2006, found a "new" 2006 Intruder at a local dealer. It had 1208 miles on it. Turns out the dealer had driven it 600 miles to and from shows, and the generator had 60 hours on it . The coach batteries were dead flat, and there was minor collision damage to the left rear end cap. Also a hole in the rubber roof under the batwing antenna. Plus other minor defects.

The dealer offered us a deal that was so good I still can't believe it, so we traded. They said they fixed all the little problems. They flat lied. Nothing was fixed. In the "walkthrough" I found the engine oil filler cap missing. The tech said I didn't need one, anyway. I asked him to get me one from the other Workhorse chassis there, he said it was a different model and wouldn't fit. When he wasn't looking I took it anyway, and it did fit. When I told him that, he shrugged and walked away. It took me three hours to really fix the ladder, after they said it was done. I had to redo the few other items they tried to fix and messed up, and when we left for the Southwest in November, the speedometer and tach quit in the first three miles. I fixed it. Five miles later a windshield wiper came apart. I fixed it. Two days later, the evap valve on the engine was found to be broken off, probably when the body was built. Carl Black Chevrolet, a WONDERFUL Workhorse service in Nashville, fixed it in one hour under warranty. By Natchez, we found the dash air had never been charged. I did it myself with materials from WalMart and O'Reilly's auto parts. Two months later, in Tucson, the Dometic fridge (a $2600 option) quit with a failed cooling unit. For three weeks, we went through a weird fairy tale of trying to get it fixed at four places in Arizona and Texas (thanks, Dometic), and after three weeks it just started working on its own. It is still working. Numerous other stuff I fixed myself, including the collision damage.

Many of the equipment suppliers are great. I have had customer service with Atwood, Kwikee, Winegard, Carrier A/C, Fan-tastic vent, and they are very helpful.

Just four days before the Damon one year warranty expired, my wife called Damon to get a whole new set of the interior moldings that surround the living room slide. They had been damaged by a horizontal rain in Texas that caused a leak and caused the cherry wood colored paper to split. These large moldings are made completely of pressed paper and sawdust. Damon miraculously responded, and in four days we had a new set for free, they were valued at $35.00 and it cost Damon $162.00 for shipping by freight carrier. I installed them.

We had to get a new instrument cluster recently at another local dealer who is a Workhorse service, and they also did the fuel rail damper clip recall, which the selling dealer claimed had been fixed, but it was never registered with Workhorse. This other dealer is excellent in all respects. See http://www.rvservicereviews.com/ under NY state and Wilkins Recreational RV.

I haven't posted any bad stuff about the selling dealer, but have steered some deals to the good dealer.

Now we are ready to head out for the second winter with this coach. We really still like it, and love the interior, and the Workhorse is terrific.

If you aren't ready to fix almost anything on your own, be SURE the dealer is dependable.

Bottom line we still think the Intruder is a lot of M/H for the money, and can't wait to get going in a couple of weeks. Damon has been sold to Thor, I hear, and maybe they are getting better. We really like it, but will definitely look at other makes next time, if we live long enough to trade again.
2006 Damon Intruder - W22

(2nd one, 1st was a 2000 - FORDFORDFORD)
obbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:02 AM   #35
I find this rather amazing. I would never have bought the 2nd one after having the problems with the first one. I hope they have the problems fixed.

This post is so contrary to the others about the Damon????
2003 3500 Chev Ext cab dually, DMax/Allision
TBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:33 PM   #36
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Hi All,
We have a 2000 Ultersport diesel Pusher, we have never had to carry it back to the Dealer for anything. I had a Hinge work lose on the storage door but it was a 10 min fix.
We have 55,000 miles on it now and loving it, we bought it new.
2003 American Eagle
Cummins Diesel
2003 Focus Wagon
jimandsandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:52 PM   #37
I have a 2003 Intruder bought used in 2004. To date I have had no problems with the unit that I did not cause. Love the way it drives and rides. Better than other gas units I have owned. Love some of the newer floor plans Damon puts out. One is the 2007 plan that has living and kitchen area divided by built in tvs.
Good luck.

runmaster is offline   Reply With Quote