Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-17-2016, 08:35 PM   #1
Deer in the Headlights

That's me! The look on my face is like that of a deer caught in the headlights.

My husband and I are divorcing and I got custody of the 2013 Fleetwood Storm 33Q that we purchased last year. Now what??? I downloaded the Owner's Manual and now I'm afraid to touch anything! I'm know that I'm going to need a lot of help.

I'll be driving from the Rio Grande Valley (deep south Texas) to upstate NY and then on to MT before heading home to TX this summer.

I guess you could say that this will be a trial by fire. So, if anyone has any words of wisdom, I'd be ever so grateful to hear them!

NanaJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2016, 09:14 PM   #2
Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the forum.

Slow and steady. Create checklists for the getting on the road, pulling toad, set up, take down and other things you will be doing a lot of. Get used to fueling and don't go to small stations. Pilot/Flying J usually have RV lanes and they put out a booklet that shows locations and amenities.
Get a co-pilot if you can.

Good luck.

Larry and Prissy Sharp
2006 Allegro Bay 37DB
2012 Toyota Yaris
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:36 AM   #3
If you have no one to lean on to walk you through the functionality of your RV, I would certainly reach out to the nearest dealer or even a mobile mechanic. See if they'd be willing to walk thru the RV and give you some details on what is where. At least then you'd know 50% more and could be a life saver down the road when you need to know where a fuse is at or something. Be worth a $100 investment in my opinion.

Open every cabinet door, all the storage compartments, and grab a flashlight. Good luck and be safe!
2004 Pace Arrow 36B
W22 WorkHorse
2015 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk (in tow)
jpoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:57 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Janice! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Hope the trip works out great for you! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

light, lights

« 379FL | New member »