Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2010, 07:18 PM   #1

diesel pusher at last

my name is mark the wife is sandy we have had a tent (long ago) a pop up a class c and the latest a 30foot tag alone and a f250 diesel. but that is old news on oct 11 we purchased what we have always wanted not new but only 10000 miles most appliance never used. it is a 2005 fleetwood expedition model 37u with a cat engine with 2 slides . this is all the coach we think we will ever need we are in our 50s and more than likely will not be full timers but maybe 3/4 timers we have made several trips and love it i know i will have questions so far i have learned a lot just by reading the different posts any suggestion and comments welcome thank all of you for your time and advice in advance
stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2010, 07:29 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
stangman,
Congratulations with your new toy and welcome to the forum. I think you'll be pleased with the amount of help and knowledge you find here.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:45 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard

Welcome to the forum. Don't be shy about sharing your adventures, or in asking questions. Someone here has 'been there, done that', and will be glad to share the lessons of their experience.

We too just bought our first DP, after a similar path - tent to ever larger RVs. We do plan to go full time, within a couple years, and hope to wring 10 to 15 years out of the new rig.

Share some photos of your new toy. Just click on the paperclip symbol at the top of the message window and 'browse' to the shots you'd like to share.

PS: Just noted your location. We own property not far from you in Cross Hill SC. Wish I was there now...

Happy Trails,
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:22 AM   #4

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

Welcome...started on the same path except 1st camping experience was quilt and pillow then tent and now 43' DSDP.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:24 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome Mark and Sandy. Check out the Fleetwood, Cat and Freightliner forums also.

Just curious Jay, you have the Tiffin Owners under you avatar and American Revolution in your signature. Has Bob done something we didn't hear about?
Old 12-01-2010, 10:05 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Hmmm. The Tiffin owners thing should be removed. Never gave it a thought. 'Twas a good rig, but when moving up went a different direction.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congrats on your new Diesel. They are the best. The combination you have seems to be the most troublefree on the road. We love ours and have never never had a problem in 80,000 miles. Happy travels !!
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #8

Mark and Sandy,

Comgrats on your new Diesel...My husband and I just bought a diesel pusher and we love it. All I can suggest to you is many happy trips and trouble free trips ahead of you. Best of luck with your new toy
travelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:36 PM   #9

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman View Post
my name is mark the wife is sandy we have had a tent (long ago) a pop up a class c and the latest a 30foot tag alone and a f250 diesel. but that is old news on oct 11 we purchased what we have always wanted not new but only 10000 miles most appliance never used. it is a 2005 fleetwood expedition model 37u with a cat engine with 2 slides . this is all the coach we think we will ever need we are in our 50s and more than likely will not be full timers but maybe 3/4 timers we have made several trips and love it i know i will have questions so far i have learned a lot just by reading the different posts any suggestion and comments welcome thank all of you for your time and advice in advance
Welcome Mark!

I purchased a used 2001.5 Fleetwood Discovery 37U, last October, which has two slides and the Cat 3126E with Allison 6 speed. I'm currently in sunny Florida enjoying my DP for the second year and other than some minor issues the coach drives and performs like a dream. Managed to get 10.10mpg on my treck from NE Pa. which I thought was excellent.
I'm the third owner of my bus and those before me took excellent care of the unit. I have all the service records for the unit to include the original sales receipt. The minor issues where the kitchen faucet, which I rebuilt, resetting the ECO (emergency cut out switch) on the Atwood hot water heater, and the most current repair was to replace the flange seal on the commode which was a ten minute job. At 11 years old, the unit is clean and solid. On the highway it's a pleasure to drive.

You'll enjoy your Expidition as they are a great unit with comfortable interiors and plenty of power.

Safe Travels to you
bob109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:08 PM   #10

hey bob109notice you have a royal star we have a roadstar it dont get as much use as it should but we enjoy it
Old 12-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #11

jmonroe folowed your post on your new unit if i remember right lake greenwood canecreek we had a camper set up yher perm many years ago before it changed do you ever go up into what they call hidden lake
Old 12-02-2010, 01:32 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congrats! DPs are hard to beat. We love ours and we fulltime.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #13

Congrats on the DP. After 20 years of travel trailers and 12 years with a class A gasser we recently purchased a DP and throughly enjoy it. The freightliner chassis has the best ride yet
Poptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman View Post
hey bob109notice you have a royal star we have a roadstar it dont get as much use as it should but we enjoy it
The Road Stars are great bikes. The Royal Star is my only means of transportation once I park my bus. Have a 5' x 10' trailer that I carry the bike in. Average about 1k miles a month while in Florida
bob109 is offline   Reply With Quote