Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2011, 02:17 PM   #1

Smile Ed n' Phyllis checking in!

Hi to all RV'ers! Wow, what a great RV website! I have been a member of a few RV chat groups before, but none as good as iRV2! I have over 45 years of RV experience, have a Fleetwood 33 foot Coronado class A since 1995, it has been an excellent coach and sometimes live-aboard. "Mostly" retired, we are tempted to go mini-diesel pusher class A, that is how I found this group. I look forward to helping members with electrical issues and other areas of motorhome maintenance as I have a strong background in electrical and mechanical systems repair.
Happy travels to all, Ed and Phyllis.
ed-n6ec is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #2

hi ed i am a new to this site also i live in england and own a national tradewind 7372,
1999. i see you where saying you look forward to helping with electrical problems,well? help my problem is". if i try to start my genny or use my power jacks,
my 12 volt system trips.it only seams to trip when it trys to pull the power from the battery to the starter on the genny. or if i try to use the power jacks it trips again any ideas would be ever so grateful,could it be a solinoid do you think. by the way my name is steve. or hyundia hope to hear soon all the best from the united kingdom.
hyundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:18 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyundia View Post
hi ed i am a new to this site also i live in england and own a national tradewind 7372,
1999. i see you where saying you look forward to helping with electrical problems,well? help my problem is". if i try to start my genny or use my power jacks,
my 12 volt system trips.it only seams to trip when it trys to pull the power from the battery to the starter on the genny. or if i try to use the power jacks it trips again any ideas would be ever so grateful,could it be a solinoid do you think. by the way my name is steve. or hyundia hope to hear soon all the best from the united kingdom.
Welcome to this site. We sailed out of Southampton a couple of years ago on the Crown Princess for a British Isles Cruise. What a wonderful trip. A couple of years ago while in Clermont, Florida for the winter, we met a very nice British couple (who live in France). They still own property in England around London somewhere. They had been coming to USA for several years and traveled in a small motorhome. They said would not be coming back anymore (for various reasons) and we will miss them.
cutrell01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Ed & Phyllis! Welcome to the party! Your expertise is sure gonna be appreciated here!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Always great to have another experienced member!

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:03 PM   #6

Smile Hello again everyone, message for Steve.

Hello again all, I am overwhelmed! What a great group! Steve, it is a coincidence, but I will be looking at a National 7370 soon, and I will try to get a peek at the technical manual if available and review it to give you some insight as to what to check with your power tripping situation. Somewhere, I recall the National coaches had problems with the 30 amp circuit breakers crapping out early in life, since so much electrical hardware these days is imported and of inferior quality. I have replaced a number of crappy circuit breakers, some only a few months old. You might try measuring the input current to the 12 volt DC 30 amp ammeter with a series ammeter, or even a clamp on magnetic ammeter (not very accurate, but in this case, it doesn't matter) while actuating the systems, to get an idea if the CB is tripping pre-maturely or if an over-load situation exists. If this test is too much for you to handle, have a tech make this test as you actuate the systems that are kicking out the battery interface. I will be getting back to you, but it may be a few weeks. Let me know if you are making progress! P.S. We just got back from Europe and London was more crowded than I can remember! I didn't see any big motorhomes like yours, only smaller class C's which are very popular on the Continent.
Cheerio, Ed and Phyllis.
ed-n6ec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #7

hi ed &phyllis just a quick thank you for your reply.
thanks for the info have got a auto electrican to have a look,this coming thursday 11th
will let you know the outcome thanks a million again, steve
hyundia is offline   Reply With Quote