Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #1
Emergent Gypsy

A wise Spiritual Adviser once told me that if you are not doing what you were meant to be doing in this life by the time you hit 40 that the Universe would give you a kick in the pants to get you going. Well, I turned 44 this year and got soundly kicked in the pants and am looking for changes.

My children are graduating high school this year, my husband can't stay faithful or keep a job so the house is in foreclosure and we filed bankruptcy. I work in a cubeland job an hour away each day.

Once the kids graduate and the house keys are turned over and the divorce is final, I will get the kids settled in college, and start planning my escape from cubeland.

I look to this site for information and inspiration, both of which I have found plenty. Making a living concerns me but I look to the simplification of a 24' class C as my home and the open road to heal my heart.

I have started a blog - Emergent Gypsy | Join me on a journey of discovery rediscovering my gypsy soul - to post my meandering thoughts as I continue my journey towards independence and freedom and I welcome your input and thoughts as I work through the muck in the next few months. I have a feeling I have found a home for love and support and for that - I preemptively Thank You.

Please feel free to email me - emergentgypsy@gmail.com

EmergntGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
Welcome aboard, and best of luck clearing your mind and getting through the muck. It will get better, and you will meet a ton of great folks in the RV community.

06 TS-42-DS04
1040 watts of solar
2014 Jeep Rubicon
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
We [both] feel your pain. RV'ing has made a huge impact on us and helped us to heal and move forward from our past. You, too, will discover it is a community and life-style like no other. Be excited about what great adventures lie ahead for you! Every bend in the road will put a [s]mile on your face!
Ken & Deb (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, Harvest Hosts, and grateful volunteers with SOWERs)
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/400ISL and Allison 3000MH on Freightliner's Evolution chassis, Onan QD7500, 1000w Renogy solar, BlueOx tow gear, and 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome and glad to meet you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Enjoy your new lifestyle.
John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
Ford Super Duty Owner
welcome to irv2 may the light shine on your face.
aschuh53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you decided to join us!

Sure sorry about your family problems. Hope all works out well for you. Enjoy the forum!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #8

Family problems hurt me deeply since like many my family is the moist important thing to me. I also have great distaste for financial follies. Hopefully the road will smoothen out for you shortly.

Good luck on your journey not having a rock to hold onto, no matter what that rock is, is very hard. There are bright times ahead in the next few years. For me its the natural rhythm of the world. A lot of bad things have happened but they have been trumpeted by human spirit in the past and will again.

Life's a highway and I want to ride it my way. Hopefully your highways twisties will end and you will be on a glass smooth wide lane, limited traffic road with amazing vistas and many interesting by ways shortly.
FREG/P under 45', over 300 hp under 600 lb ft torque.
OrngTrillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #10
Workhorse Chassis Owner
very interesting
monkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:07 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome and many happy trails....

Terry & Brenda - From the Iowa Banks of the Mighty Mississippi
2011 Winnie Journey 34y, Freightliner / Cummins , 2012 Chevy Colorado Toad

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote