Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2015, 10:29 PM   #1

Family Fulltiming: T Minus 13 months

Greetings to all. Over the next 13 months my wife and I, along with our three young children, will be preparing for a few years of the 'full-timer life'. I look forward to learning from so many seasoned RVers and also sharing what we learn along this journey. I feel blessed to have an airline job that I truely love and will afford us the flexibility to go on the road. (Are there any other members that are active airline folks?) We especially look forward to learning from the experiences of full timing families with young kids. We plan to spend a great deal of our time near family and friends scattered across the country.Downsizing, adopting RV-living techniques and habits, educating ourselves, changing state residency, selecting a rig, and mentally preparing for this adventure should make for quite an exciting year.

Cheers,

Dan
Capt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2015, 11:47 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Good luck in you adventure as you count down the months. Just getting ready to full time is quite an adventure and will present many issues along the way. Stay focused and you will get there.
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 05:41 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
How fortunate for all of you! Congrats! We have run into many a young family full-timing and they love it. Last year we camped by a very large 5th wheel that had mom and dad and 5 kids! They full timed for little over 2 years...goal was to visit all the national parks. They ended their full timing career when their oldest hit high school....and the oldest didn't want them to stop!! You will, no doubt, give the whole family memories to talk about for a life time.
This is a great forum for info of any kind, especially RV's
Best of luck with your plans and keep us posted.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:04 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome, glad to meet you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:05 AM   #5

Enjoy the adventure .... we're retired AL folks ... the last years in Corp Real Estate
Take your time ... you'll get er done .... Your in a good place to gain some knowledge and have a bit of fun as well .........

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:05 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Dan! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Hope the fulltiming works out great for you!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 01:36 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:27 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:08 AM   #9

Welcome! I've never worked for an airline, however I did retire from the aviation industry as an Air Traffic Control Operations Supervisor. We are a lot like you. We are planning on going full time in the near future and have been researching for close to a year now. After reading, going to RV shows and talking to owners and full-timers we've made our decision on what coach we want and hope to be purchasing in the next couple of months. You've made a great choice by coming to this forum. There's a lot of knowledge and experience on here. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Welcome and good luck with your search...have fun!
Old 08-02-2015, 11:37 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
It seems like a thousand years ago, but I was a flight attendant for Mohawk Airlines...that tells you how long ago it was!!! And until 5 years ago I owned and operated a travel agency. Enjoy your journey!

On the Road with 13 Rescued Cats
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:09 AM   #11

Thank you for the warm welcome. We look forward being a part of this community.
Capt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote