Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2011, 07:58 PM   #1

Gulf Streamers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
First time Motorhome owners

We recently purchased our first motorhome, 2004 Gulfstream Friendship G7. We took our first 'mini-trip this weekend to check things out. The only problem we had was not understanding the water manifold system, so we did not have hot water all weekend. (We learned when we got home we have a valve on the manifold in the wrong position-live and learn.) Our Gulfstream has the upgraded Cummins 400 hp engine with side radiator, very low miles, and appears to be in excellent condition. We are putting new Goodyear tires on tomorrow, as the original tires are showing some sidewall cracking. Our first big trip will be next month, going from Nebraska to Indiana to see our son and his family, and enjoy the Indy 500. (Our grandson wants to name the motorhome "Sally" but I hope he can come up with something different when we see him next month. We are loving our decision so far and enjoy the iRV2 forum very much. Thanks for all of the information we receive.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2011, 08:16 PM   #2

Congrats on your coach. This is a great community with all the help you need just for the asking so don't hesitate with questions. Everyone here has been through a learning curve in one way or another so you're in good company!

Old 04-25-2011, 08:22 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks so much. I still have several years before retirement, but we made the decision that a motorhome would be more enjoyable than a "permanent location" second home. We are MH owners for less than two months, but are really enjoying learning about it, and learning about all of the great people on this site. I'm sure we will have plenty of questions, but are anxious to be a part of this great community. Thanks again,
Old 04-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Hey Congrats..
Although I am not new to RVs I am to owning a MH as well. However I reckon we are all first time MH owners at one point and this is one awesome place to get important information as well as sharing, you know like pictures...Wishing you many happy adventures
barlin44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #5

Sally Forth! not a bad name
Old 04-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new purchase. Now kick back and enjoy, nothing like hitting the road and bringing your house.

Many happy and safe miles.
DRosedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #7

Have Fun

When getting new tires I recommend Michelin as I had two Goodyears blow
out with only six years on them and 12000 miles and proper presssure.
Good luck. Always check your tire pressures and be safe
Old 05-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by proline View Post
When getting new tires I recommend Michelin as I had two Goodyears blow out with only six years on them and 12000 miles and proper presssure. Good luck. Always check your tire pressures and be safe
And the other side of the story is... I have 8 year old Goodyears on a 43,000 lbs MH with 67,515 miles. They have no side wall problems, no problems at all. However, due to age they will be replaced soon... either Goodyear or Michelin.

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Welcome to the MH world and the forum

Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote