Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #1

First Time RVer from WA State

I've never owned, or operated any type of RV, but soon I will be living in one. This seems to be the best forum I have found for a variety of questions, answers and stories. I look forward to reading many posts.

I am acquiring a '79 Komfort Travel Trailer. It's in surprisingly good condition, but it does need some minor repairs. My husband and I are addressing those issues now. Eventually I plan on buying a newer and more handicap accessible trailer, but for now this one will work for us. I'm very excited about becoming a full-time RVer, but I am extremely nervous about it too!

Thanks!
Jenny
holycrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #2

Welcome! Just start out at home then close to home depending on how "soon" soon is. I assuming this is a pull behind? Are you going to be driving also? I drive with our 19' fifth wheel Scamp but I am use to working on the farm and my internships with Feed and Fertalizer Cooperatives. Good luck. Start out slow.
sadiebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Jenny, welcome to the forum. There are a lot of nice folks on this forum that are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Many happy and safe miles.
DRosedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #4

Jenny:

Welcome to the group to both you and your DH. Where in Washington?
Old 05-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Jenny and Welcome to the Forum!

And welcome to a fellow Washingtonian. My first 2 RVs were travel trailers.

Plenty of folks here are more than willing to help with questions or problems.

Enjoy your new trailer!
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #6

Thanks! I'm currently in Hoquiam, WA but will soon be in Shelton, WA (soon being August). It is a pull behind, and I do plan on driving it from time-to-time, but I need to get my 68' ford running first. Last year my DH and I wanted to get a motorhome, and travel the west, but we had some complications. This year we found a trailer that suits our needs and on a beautiful piece of woodsy property. There are so many great places to see and enjoy, I am really looking forward to being "outdoors" and mobile!
holycrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #7

Jenny

Welcome to the forum. Hoquim is a nice area and I grew up in Shelton. I/we live in Port Orchard. As you know there are plenty of state parks in the area to explore. Enjoy
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote