Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
From tent to trailer

After years of tenting we've given up the hard ground and moved into a new 11' Livin Lite aluminum TT. I look fwd to asking for support on how not to trash this beauty the first time out. Appreciate tips from anyone who's owned this brand. Enjoy the tips so far. Jan

Janis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi and

Congrats on the new trailer

US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
Originally Posted by Janis View Post
After years of tenting we've given up the hard ground and moved into a new 11' Livin Lite aluminum TT. I look fwd to asking for support on how not to trash this beauty the first time out. Appreciate tips from anyone who's owned this brand. Enjoy the tips so far. Jan
Oh I remember those days. Now-let the spending begin $$$$$$

You will enjoy the lifestyle. Have fun.
2016 Wildwood 28RLDS
2014 Tundra 1794 Platnum,"23" T-Bucket
2011 Harley Softail, 2010 Spyder RTS
tompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
Vintage RV Owners Club
OOOOOOHHHH- a Livin' Lite!

I don't own one but I've been drooling over them for a long time...

Pictures, please!
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow, those are neat little trailers. Hope you have many years of happy use.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #6
more on the Livin Lite

The Livin Lite is def more $$ than a tent, about $15K on sale, and has no bells & whistles but now we can go for more than 4 days w/o requiring chiropractor. We can pull it behind our SUV. We travel with two cats for cold nights. No pix as we haven't picked it up yet but Livin Lite website is good. Thanks for your replies. Esp appreciate info on places to camp/visit.
Janis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Janis! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure happy that you joined us!

Congrats on the new rig!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #8
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Jan,

Congrats on the new trailer.

Tips on how not to trash it on your first time out.

1. When you pick it up from the dealer take a video camera and have the dealer explain how everything works and record it.

2. Before plugging the electrical cord in to the campground pedestal make sure the circuit breaker is off.

3. For your first few trips stay in local campgrounds around Santa Fe so that you can check everything out and get comfortable in the trailer.

4. If you need assistance do not be shy about asking for help from fellow campers. We have all needed help.

5. Aside from the basic accessories for the trailer wait until you actually decide you can't live without it before buying. You can find a lot of things at your local Lowe's, Home Depot or Walmart a lot cheaper, better quality and selection than camping stores.

6. What I consider must haves:
(a) Electrical surge protector
(b) Potable water hoses. I carry 2 25' ones.
(c) Water pressure regulator. I prefer the kind that I can set for the water pressure I want.
(d) Electrical plug in adaptors depending on what your trailer is. 50 amp to 30 amp or vice versa, 30 amp to 15 amp.
(e) Basic set of tools
(f) Duct Tape & Electrical tape
(g) Safety wire
(i) Tire pressure gauge
(j) Sewer hose and attachments

I will leave the kitchen items up to the ladies on the forum.

You will find that there are other things you require and I'm sure others will chip in with their must have items.

Welcome Aboard and Good Luck
Jon & Sue Francis (Retired U.S.A.F.)
Lil Girl-Rescued, Abby Rescued, Peaches Rescued
06 Allegro 35TSA Workhorse Chassis
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Looks like a very well constructed unit.

John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club

If at all possible have all your necessities for the unit as extra 'dedicated' stuff. In other words keep the stuff you need in the trailer and not have them go between the house and the trailer. Nothing like getting a bazillion miles from nowhere and find out the can opener got left at home in the kitchen.

Enjoy the lifestyle and safe travels.
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #11
Congrats on joining the RV lifestyle!

Generally speaking, go slow. If something appears to not be working, you are probably doing it wrong. You should never have to "force" anything. These thing break fairly easy, so just be cautious. When towing, go the speed limit or below. Keep your tires inflated and check them every hour or so. Watch your turns. Get mirror extensions if your tow vehicle doesn't have big mirrors.

Things to get - make a small toolkit to keep in your trailers - just general fixit stuff, including duct tape. Get a water hose (dedicated for that purpose only), a general use water hose (for washing things off) and a short hose for flushing your poop tank and sewer line. NEVER use your drinking water hose for anything other than drinking water.

wheel chocks, jack pads, various electric plugs and a drop cord or two are essentials. I also like to have plastic storage bins to put in your outside compartment to organize and store all this "junk".

Everything you could possibly need for your new trailer can be found at Wal-mart, K-mart, Lowes or Home Depot.

Good luck and enjoy!
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #12
dont leave the camper unattended with outside water from campground turned on. could leak while you are away and cause serious damage. if using in house pump, turn it off when you leave unattended for any length of time. if you sprung a leak it would flood your trailer and burn out your pump before you got back.

2000 winne 37g
winniman is offline   Reply With Quote