Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2017, 06:07 PM   #1

Talking Gearing up to go full time

Hello to everyone at iRV2 forum. I am a 60 year old woman and I have decided to sell out and go full time RVing, hopefully by this time next year 2018. In the mean time I am going to get all the education I can from people like all of you here on the forum.
Some of you may be asking why I have decided to go full time. Well let me tell you. its a fairy tale to say the least. I met a man some 34 years ago and circumstances did not allow us to be together and here we are 34 years later still in love with each other and free to do as we please. We were going to buy some property on a lake in Oklahoma but one day I said something about full time RVing and he went H&$* Yeah! It is something he has always wanted to do and an idea I have entertained for the last 10 years. So we are going to make it happen. We have been looking at class A motor coaches. He has his heart set on a class A and well it is gonna happen. The wheels are in motion. He is presently in Nevada selling out all he has and coming to Missouri to get me. I told him he had to put a ring on it and I wanted Romance. And he is delivering all I ask! Now you probably really didn't want to hear about all the mushy stuff but the reason we chose to go the RV route is we are both seniors now and in reality maybe only 20 years at most left here on this beautiful blue planet called earth. I myself do not want to spend what time we have left punching a clock and rubbing tired muscles from working all day. We want to spend all the time we have left together and what better place to do it than on a motor-coach! His kids and my kids both support our decision and even the grand-kids are GO FOR IT! Now I just have to wait for him to make his way to Missouri and help me liquidate what I have, which really isn't much, and get our dream life underway. Well this is me Fouchet2. I look forward to meeting many of you and helping me with questions I have. Our coach will have a name...Sagebrush, Muffin & Crew. The crew being 3 Pomeranians and 1 Chihuahua.
Have a blessed day!
Pam
Fouchet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2017, 06:24 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Good luck with your plans...
Sounds like a great adventure!
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:33 PM   #3

And what an adventure it will be. Gonna fish, gonna play and meet new friends!
Old 03-19-2017, 07:00 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Enjoy, we all need an infusion of happiness nowadays.
ModestMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:13 PM   #5

Pomeranians are great dogs! I use to have one and she was great! Now i have a black lab and he is a beautiful dog and smart! Good luck with everything.
Mport10377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:10 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Pam

Glad you've joined us here in the forum.

Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:35 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome. It sound like a great story and an adventure awaits you....

momdoc
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:01 AM   #8

Welcome and we sure hope life works out for you the way you are planning. There is a lot to learn for sure, but the kind people here on iRV2 are all willing to help.

Our crew consist of two felines Mocha, Shadow and their canine brother Hershey a Labradoodle puppy.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:20 AM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Pam! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Hope you find the perfect rig for your needs!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mport10377 View Post
Pomeranians are great dogs! I use to have one and she was great! Now i have a black lab and he is a beautiful dog and smart! Good luck with everything.
Two of the poms belong to James they are tiny little things and the other pom belongs to me. He is a mama's boy. He is 15 years old and about a year ago suffered a spinal injury from falling off my bed. He has recovered but cannot go down stairs very easily. I really dont expect to have him many more years. He is a standard size pom and the joy of my life. the Chihuahua is another story. He, like my pom is a rescue dog and lives up to all the chihuahua traits. lol. the two toy poms are a mated pair, Tebo and Trixie.
I had a lab/chow mix. Captain Jack. Best dog I ever owned!
Old 03-20-2017, 03:18 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Welcome and we sure hope life works out for you the way you are planning. There is a lot to learn for sure, but the kind people here on iRV2 are all willing to help.

Our crew consist of two felines Mocha, Shadow and their canine brother Hershey a Labradoodle puppy.
Thanks Pete for your welcome and I know it will come to reality. There is a lot to learn and the reason I decided it was best to join a forum so I could learn the best. The RVers that are living it now. We have much to learn and do. You can only read so much and watch so many videos but talking to people first hand is the best knowledge resource on the planet!
Labradoodle! beautiful animal.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Hi Pam! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Hope you find the perfect rig for your needs!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
We will be looking at rigs hopefully in the fall. That is where all of you here on the forum will come in handy. Making sure we make the right decision for us! Our needs are simple. Must haves are a washer dryer in any form, and at least one slide. Other than that we are simple people and dont need a lot of bells and whistles. Need to figure out how to tow a boat and car or just a boat. James wants to fish every lake in the USA I think. lol
God bless you too!
Pam & James

Tags
full time