Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good morning from Oroville Ca

Madriece and I are retired and getting into the mode of selling the S&B and becomeing FT'ers. Im 72 still in decent health, still think young, but the mileage has taken its toll a tad, got over a year of cancer and as always, a survivor LOL.

We have looked at all type's of RVs and for us a 38/40 DP seem's to foot the bill. Cant go new and will have get a used rig that qualify's for a good service plan. Decades ago owned a Country Coach class C and loved it and the factory service on it, however they are out of bussiness and doubt due to $$$$$ and years, may not get another, LOL

I like the looks of American Coach, Alfa's, and Monaco's, really want a side radiator, Cummings with a jake and of course as many goodies as possable.

Retired from Railroad, and as Junior College heavey equipment mechanic and taught machine shop and diesel repair and rebuild, was a diesel and machine shop foreman and love to tinker, upgrade and such. however havent been in the field for almost twenty years and a tad rusty with the new technology, wish Detroit engines was in the RV game as I loved rebuilding and modifying them, gads I love the smell of diesel LOL

Wife is presenty visiting relitives and researching Fl as a state of record, she will also visit in Texas and check there too.

Dont know when we will get out on the road yet, lots to do to be prepaired, I sure enjoyed driving a low boy and look forward to getting out there on the road, loved it.

Oh well thats what happens ....when ya get old...jus keep on talking...on and .....on LOL

have a great day and really I enjoy this site, lots of fantastic people and good info, never to old to learn, learned early on...if ya dont use your brain...ya gotta use your feet...be safe.

I would say keep the greassssy side down, but if it is...thers somthing wrong LOL

John Warren
Jwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Howdy John and welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have lots of adventures planned. Good luck and have fun.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
YC1

Hi neighbor. I was born in Oroville! We live in Yuba City and are getting very close to fulltiming. Hopefully no later than Feb 28 and maybe sooner if possible. Renting the S&B out to family so leaving lots of furnishings etc. We have a 40 footer with the Cummins 400 ISL with exhaust brake. The newer versions of exhaust brake us a variable ratio turbo combined with the computer driven transmission and works extremely well so don't let the old oil burner in you prevent you from test driving one. Check out Demartini in Grass Valley. They usually have a great selection of used units and a great reputation. Their web site is outstanding.
One more thought and I hate to admit it myself. Doing my own maintenance is going to be via check book especially once on the road excepting minor things. But no more grease jobs for me. So I could care less about a side radiator versus rear. I would highly recommed the two speed fan kit if available on the one you pick out.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi John! Welcome to IRV2! It's great to have you with us!

We can always us a man with your experience to answer the stupid questions from folks like me that don't know anything about diesel engines! Just poke around and jump in when you find something that interests you!

Hope you find just the right rig for your needs. We're really happy with our Monaco we bought a few months ago!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #5

Welcome to the site. The one you want will find you.
mwells4654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
@ SarahW...We hope to this spring and thtk you for your warm welcome.

@YC1....(Yuba City One ???) I was stationed at Beale 63 and have been in this area since. Thanks for the heads up about the fan, will check that out. Its that I just like to able to see weapage and things before its a problem. I seriously doubt at my age 72 will will do any heavey wrenching LOL. Im kinda like a turtle when I get down on the ground, like the Lady on TV, Im down and I cant get up. However I hate to pay to have my oil changed on my car or even watch them Had a service guy hand me my air filter as he was going to sell me as he thought it was dirty. was three weeks old and not even dusty...He got a bit miffed and for 20 bucks I offered my services to him on how to inspect one LOL

@ MSHappyCampers...This is a fantastic site, great mechanical talent here and fantastic information, learn somthing every time I log in, Love it.
BTW I dont think there is a supid question, however IMPO the question not asked could very well be, especely if it thins the wallet later.
Im a bit outdated as I have been retired for a few decades, now the question I ask myself " why didnt I think of full timeing years ago LOL

@ mwells4654....Thanky you too for the welcome and may I thank you for the years of your dedicated service to this country. I think the floor plan and MFG is sneaking up on me, down to two LOL

Thanks again to you all, for the nice welcome, have a great day....John
Jwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:15 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi John, Welcome to the group. Hope you enjoy your full timing and you have safe trouble free travels. Make many happy memories.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:52 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi and
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote

« New guy | new guy »