Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2018, 11:52 AM   #1

Good place to find TT reviews.

Hi All,

My name is Dan and I'm in the process of finding a decent used TT between 20 - 25'. I see quite a few on Facebook market place and when I try to find info on a brand that is listed, it seems very sparse or all negative. Maybe I'm just picking the wrong ones, LOL. I'm brand new to this, my son just bought a brand new one and it looks like fun and I like to travel and spend Januarys in Florida so I thought I would try it in an TT. Any suggestions appreciated.
Elwoodab is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2018, 12:34 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Dan! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Can't advise you on the TT's.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:51 PM   #3

Well, here is a good place to find reviews. We will need a bit more info on Brand of the trailer...What did your son buy? Some brands have more quality control issues than others. But even the ones that have frequent issues can put out a decent trailer here and there.

The trailer I am purchasing I found on Facebook Marketplace. The following is a highly regarded recommendation: Get it inspected. Water intrusion is not something you want to buy with your new to you trailer. Rust is non-existent where I live, but may be where you live, so you'll want it inspected for that as well if that is a possibility.

Good idea buying used for the first time out, or the first time in a long while. Less upfront costs to determine if its right for you.

There is a fantastic community of people here willing to help you out with your questions, so fire away.

What do you want in a trailer?
What kind of camping are you doing in Florida or in between where you live and Florida?
What are you towing with? (This one is a bigger issue than you may realize)
How mechanically handy are you?
What brand trailers have you seen on FB Marketplace that have interested you? What did you like about them?

All questions that will help us help you.
Gavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:19 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome. Sorry I can't help on trailer info. However lots of good folks here and someone will be along with some tips for you.
Good luck
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:41 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Dan

Glad to have you here in the forum with us. You're gonna love it here.

There is a Travel Trailer forum under RV forums at the top of the page. That might be a good place to search out your TT.

Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:40 AM   #6

Look at axle capacity, tires, cargo capacity. Not always the case but more often than not a trailer with the bigger axles and more cargo capacity will generally be the better trailer.

Other than that it is a flip of a coin.

The two best trailers I found here in the east are the Winnebago Minis and Mini plus trailers and then the Lance trailers. Other than that the rest are about equal.

Go Steelers!!!
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:14 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
rvguide.com might be of interest to you.
LarrySharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:22 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Also, what will you be towing it with and all your vehicles specs., payload rating, GVWR, hitch rating etc. Good luck!
Oldelevatorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:51 AM   #9

Thank you all for the info. My son has a Catalina Coachmen and he bought it because the reviews were good.
Elwoodab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:47 AM   #10

I just purchased a Travel Trailer myself and even though I did not buy from them, Haylett RV has the best videos on YouTube of different models of trailers and topics. The RV Nerd guy is great!
DennisB56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace