Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Lucky grandkids!

Post photos when you get it.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2013, 12:14 PM   #16

With your background and the bunkhouse configuration, I think I have a suggestion for a name and graphic on the new coach . . .

"Black Mariah" (or, if that's too dark-sounding for you, how about "Paddy Wagon"?)
Clark Savage Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank you all for the well wishing. Yes, I also hope we create many happy memories on the road both with and without the grandchildren. They are looking forward to their first trip. I agree that the bunk house models are not as popular but we figured we could use it for storage area also when my wife and I are by ourselves.
Looking forward to being a part of the group online. Thank you again and I will include pictures as soon as we take it out for the first run before the end of the month!
Drive safe and take care all.
RTinVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Paddy Wagon would be a good name but I am not so sure the other half will go for it! I think both of us are looking to leave the careers behind and blend. One thing about law enforcement careers, once people find out what you do they either want to talk shop or ask questions. I don't mind but I am also looking forward to "hanging up" the badge and leaving the job behind. It was very rewarding and very interesting at times. I will miss the people and the good times but will also not miss certain parts of the job as well. I am sure other careers are the same. Thanks for the suggestion though, I will run it by the misses but my guess is you should not start looking for the name on the back just yet!
Old 09-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi and
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:41 AM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank you all again for the heart felt welcome and greetings. We are looking forward to many safe miles and building fun memories with both my two children, their spouses, and our grandchildren.
It is amazing how many co-workers when they hear tell me that they have always wanted to do what my wife and I are doing. So far I have a list of friends who want to come over to see the coach. When asked I explain that it took us many years and sacrifice to reach this point in our lives. It is apparent that being watchful of the small expenses in life that will "nickle and dime" you to death is worth it in the long run. I do my best to encourage my children to skip the 7-11 convienance stores for that drink when you are only 20 minutes from the house. I also tell them that my wife and I have brought our meals to work everyday for 25 years and skipped spending the $20.00 or more a day on coffee (we don't drink coffee) and order out foods. This all contributes to building savings and allows us to do the things we love most, spending time together on the road.
Now I have to consider a vehicle tow method. My wife wants to bring a golf cart and car with us when we hit the road. We have a Acura TSX and a Ford Sport Trac as optional tow vehicles. I have researched and found the "Tandum Tow Dolly" but my goodness are they expensive. The reviews are both positive and negative but I think this is what we may end up with. The price for safety cannot be compromised and if it costs a little more it will be worth it. My biggest concern with a flat or box trailer it the space to store it when we get where we are staying. I am trying not to increase the cost of staying by having to pay to store an additional trailer. Any feedback, personal experience and advice is welcome and would be greatly appreciated. I will also check the tow forum to see what other think.
Take care and I will post pics as soon as possible! Pick up of the Fleetwood is day after tomorrow.
Drive safe!
Old 09-25-2013, 04:50 AM   #22

One more option is to carry the golf cart in the box of a pickup as some do. Also note that some places do not allow golf carts. May want to go out awhile, and see if you really need a cart.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:39 AM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes. I understand some CG do not allow carts. My wife is set on bringing one for the CG that do as we have two travel companions (one quiet beagle and a brittany) that beat us to our cart seats when we open the shed at the lake house. They love to ride in the cart! They are like little kids.
Thank you for the suggestion to wait. It will most likely be Spring at the earliest that we consider a tow method. Have to let the dust settle in the accounts from our new purchase. We do plan on doing longer trips once I retire in February 2016. Lots of time to take it slow and see what we need over time.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #24

Congratulations on your new purchase! Welcome to the club! We are new to the iRV2 web site also but in two days I have found so much useful information and a lot of nice people! As for RVing we have been doing that for 15 years, last 2.5 retired!
TeresaOwen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:48 AM   #25

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaOwen1 View Post
Congratulations on your new purchase! Welcome to the club! We are new to the iRV2 web site also but in two days I have found so much useful information and a lot of nice people! As for RVing we have been doing that for 15 years, last 2.5 retired!
We are looking towards retirement in the near future and hope to put many safe miles on our coach. Thank you again for the welcome. I have already found this site to be informative and helpful as well as very nice to meet others with common interests. Take care.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #26

Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome and congrats
aschuh53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club