Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2011, 07:12 PM   #1

Nor'easters Club
Greetings and Salutations!

Hello!

Being new to this forum (I'm on RV.net and rvforum.net) I'd like to introduce myself and my coach.

I'm located about 90 Miles North of New York City and really value the immediate nature of having and RV ready to go at a moments notice. I am not retired (yet) so when I have a couple of days...off I go!

I spent a lot of time researching low profile, compact class A RVs before finding the Aero Cruiser. After researching it and a slew of others, I had enough information gathered to make a decision. I knew I wanted later model 1991 or 1992 with an LGS Short Wheelbase Chassis with a fuel injection motor and the Rear Bath / Bed configuration. I wanted a Driver's side door and a passenger side one. I had to have the Gear Vendor Under / Overdrive (even budgeted to purchase and install one!) Alcoa Aluminum wheels and a couch not a dinette. I wanted the window in front of the bed between the living and sleeping areas and a convection microwave in place of the stove. Oh, and not the pink-ish interior!

The coach should have been well cared for and not have excessive miles with as complete records as possible. All in all I did great! Only thing I didn't get was the passenger side door. Ah well!

I am really enjoying ownership! Many of my projects are done to simply update or expand the capabilities of my coach. After 20 years, some technology has changed and/or parts wear out. I fully expect to get another 20 years out of it.

I've had many other types of coaches and this one is exactly what I wanted / needed.

Farther down the line will likely be an engine swap to something a bit newer that will be a bit more frugal on fuel and add a bit of power. Perhaps a rear differential ratio swap... who knows. I have 450 Watts off Solar Power feeding a Morningstar TS-45-MPPT controller into Trojan 12V batteries, so far I've had plenty of power to spare. besides, I do have a 5200 Watt Generator and am not afraid to use it! Right now I can be self sufficient at least until the water runs out and the dump tanks are full!

There are many pictures of my RV and the mods on the aero cruiser yahoo groups page, you may have to register to see them:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aerocr...unt=20&dir=asc

Next trip is Cabelas in Hamburg, PA then Hershey, PA for the RV Show after that Dayton, Ohio to the Air Force Museum.

Seems to me, the manufacturer, Gardner Pacific just had poor timing. Gas was getting cheaper and people wanted bigger and bigger. Today, with a few updates, they'd probably sell many more! Who knows, maybe I'll resurrect the name and build a new version......

I look forward to getting to this forum and the members of it.

Thanks for listening,

Rich
Wanderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #2

Sounds like you had a plan and stuck to it. Congratulations. I hope to cruise New York one of these falls but like you, I'm still making the doughnuts and paying bills for a few more years. Welcome to IRV2, I find a lot of info here.
Dano52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Rich! Welcome to the forums! Glad you're having fun with your new rig!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Well, it's not that new... I'm going into my 3rd year with it. The love affair remains!

Thanks!

Rick
Wanderman is offline   Reply With Quote