Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to CyberBoomer
Hawaii to Huntington Beach to the road

Hello all,
My wife and I were transferred back from Hawaii to California before I was laid off in a force reduction. We are in the process of buying our 2nd Class A and hoping to retire and turn into nomads in comfort.

We are lusting after the 2010 Discovery 40x and sharpening our pencils to see if we can afford it. The current plan is to go full time for a year or more and see the rest of this great country, visit the national parks, take our kids and Grandkids and maybe even my parents (in their 80's).

We had a 1993 Bounder Diesel in the late 90's. My interior decorator wife completely remodeled the interior and we actually sold it at a good profit after living in it for a year and getting addicted to the lifestyle. Our son married a French girl he met in Berkeley. We picked them up in the motor home with her parents on their first trip to the US. Wonderful memories.
CyberBoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Welcome back! I'm sure your getting that 40 footer that you are looking for is going to be something that you are going to get if you want it badly enough. I'm sure that you'll have a ball in your new RV. Enjoy!

Please come back and visit us often and please feel free to post.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:37 PM   #3

Huntington Beach is on my list to visit!
bakerkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:39 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Huntington Beach is a great place to live & visit.