Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #1

Howdy Folks (that's how Okies talk....right?)
Anyway, hi everyone, I am brand spanking new to RV's, this site, and everything that goes along with each one. I can say already that I wish I would have spent more time here looking at things before I purchased, but what can one do. I have been a seat of the pants guy all my life so you'd think I'd know better but, I guess not.
So now I find myself possibly in over my head with this motorhome I just bought. Kind of scared, kind of excited, wondering if I should have rented for a few more years, or what, but alas! What's done is done.
My first delemma comes in the form of a fuse box I can't seem to locate, I have no brake lights, emergency flashers, or directionals, the headlights, tail lights, and other clearance lights are up and running, I have checked the bulbs, they are good and the correct ones. I found two fuse boxes (1996 Pace Arrow) under the hood on the fire wall, but they do not look like or flow klike the ones depicted in my manual. Is there possibly a 3rd box I am not aware of that houses the fuse for the areas mentioned above? I am hopeful that this is a simple problem and not overly complicated. The MH itself seems in above average shape, 12K miles 102 hours on the gen, everything appears to be in working order outside of the lighting issues. I plan on camping out in it this weekend, and possibly next to learn a bit about it, then off to Co. on a mountain bike rafting trip with friends from 3 thru 11 Aug! Can't wait, am very excited, oh and kind of scared. Hopefully this doesn't end up like the horse you feed and board and never ride?

YZF571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2012, 11:09 PM   #2
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi YZF571, welcome to the forum. With a little help from the good folks down in the Fleetwood Owner's section I'm sure you'll get everything figured out and fixed. Good luck!

Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
The "hood' inside[ dash hood] should lift up, exposing the "guts". There was a fuse box on my 95 Ford under there. My hitch wire got pinched, shorted, & blew a fuse. I had no electronic dash, brakelights, etc. Hope this helps.
Tom3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #4

Did you buy the schematics and repair manuals for your RV? My hubby has entire notebooks showing everything, from the appliances to the wiring to the chassis, engine, etc. That way he has information on all of the RV no matter what manufacturer did what portion.

He says getting the books makes everything much easier and saves money because you can do more yourself.

Anyway, I hope you find your fuse box and get up and running ASAP.
KAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
Monaco Owners Club
I'm sorry to hear about your problem. It's funny I was sitting here trying to remember where my fuse box is located and for the life of me I can't remember. I wanted to pick up a few extra fuses just to keep on hand for emergencies.
I surely hope you get the problems sorted out quickly so you can start enjoying your rig. Remember, a dream is only a dream unless you make it happen.
Wishing you nothing but the best of luck,
Home is not only where you park it but where your heart is!
2011 Monaco Montclair AKA "My Little Grass Shack"
GrassShack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
Thanks for all of the helpful information everyone. I have not had the chance to check it out yet, I am hoping that I have tie one evening this week. If not for sure I will make the time this weekend!
Thanks everyone.

YZF571 is offline   Reply With Quote