Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #1

Exclamation Hello. Another new guy here

Hello,

My Name is Bill and while I'm new here I'm not new to forums or RV'ing. I was inducted into the RV life style as a kid when my parents first rented, then bought a MH.

I bought my first, a pop up trailer, shortly after my wife and I got married. We had that a short time till I got into drag racing and needed something that would double as a tow vehicle and we got a 24' 78 Pace Arrow class A. A few years and couple kids later we needed something a little bigger and got a 34" 86 Fleetwood Southwind. A really nice coach but unfortunately it was underpowered for towing as my racing grew so after a year of owning we bought out current MH. A 94 Winnebago Adventurer powered by a 230 Hp Cummins and a 6 spd Allison.

For only being married for 14 yrs, I'ld say the wife and I have done a pretty good job of collecting states on our map.

230 hp Cummins 6 spd Allison trans
WILD-BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2011, 06:08 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Welcome to the forum Love your avatar...can I steal it
Peace and Safe Travels....D

Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:36 AM   #3

Welcome aboard!

What cha' racing? ...and how did you manage to levitate over those gapped states on your map?
salvagediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #4
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Welcome

Hey WILD-BILL,

First off !!!! I also agree with you 1000000% for only 14 years you and wife have done well !!! If you find your self in or near Urbanna, VA late Sept come to the National. Or if your in the Silver Springs, FL area between mid OCt - early May say hey! Also in Ocala is Big Daddy Don Garlets Drag Raceing place!

Remember All: LIVE, LAUGH & ENJOY !!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:37 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Bill! Sure glad to have you guys join us! Yep, you have gotten around pretty good!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:30 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good to have you here!!!
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:39 AM   #7

Bill, welcome to the forum. I must tell you, your avatar is very unique. Msut have taken some time to think that up. You must have a lot of spare time on your hands. Congrats on all your travels...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #8

Thanks guys. I must say I can;t take credit for my avitar. I first saw it on another forum. I've seen browsed and collected a number of them but some are animated and not allowed on this forum. Here's a link to my avitar page. avitars pictures by wildracing - Photobucket Feel free to use any you like.

As for the map, Being in the Marines and traveling will get you a lot. However, some times having a dead line to meet means you must just drive though some and not stop for the night.

As for the racing, it's not just me any more. I've drug my whole family into it

My car is a 71 Dodge Charger. Runs 10.0's in the 1/4 @ 130 mph W/ a 440 cu in alcohol motor.

This 72 Charger is owned by my wife Gina but has my fathers 560 small block in it and they share the driving. He drives most of the time and she gets in it when she can get out there.

My 2 girls are also deep into the sport.

My oldest Taylor, Age 13 has been racing since the age of 8 and is currently running a 2000 Mike Bos Jr dragster. She's gone a best of 8.08 at 76 mph in the 1/8th mile. The fastest they are allowed to go in the 1/8th is 7.90 and 85 mph.

My youngest Kaitlin just started her first full season as she turned 8 Aug 15th of last year. She'll have 1 more year of racing in the novice class where they are restricted to running 12.90 or slower. She typically runs right on the index and does about 53 mph in the 1/8

We use 2 MH's and 2 trailers to haul 4 cars and scooter and a golf cart. I get a lot of help from the rest of the family but the bulk of it does fall on my shoulders to keep everything going.

If any one's interested, here's a link to my You Tube channel where you can find a few vids if the cars.

‪WILDBILL2213's Channel‬‏ - YouTube

Old 08-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #9

Love the hot rods!! That's great you have made it into a family hobby!
Old 08-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #10

Bill, I have to apologize for my remark about having too much time on your hands. I have looked at your pics and watched some of your u-tube vids. I don't see where you get any spare time at all. It is really cute to watch your girls get that involved. Kudos to them and thank you for your service...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H... View Post
I don't see where you get any spare time at all. ...

John, I get that ALOT No need to apologize

And thank you for the kind words.

As for my girls, I can not give them enough credit for what they do. If you watched the in car where I had the camera pointed right at Taylor you may have noticed just how easy she made it look. Mind you, she was doing about 76 MPH during that vid. It's no wonder she was able to keep her cool and save both herself and the car the one time her steering wheel came off. When I was there age I thought riding my bike down the hill was fast

Old 08-09-2011, 05:53 AM   #12

Most excellent!!!!!!!!!! A MOPAR man and drag racin' daughters - now how can you beat that?

salvagediver is offline   Reply With Quote