Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2016, 02:28 AM   #1

Hello... dealing with a past fire... has gotten me well... flustered

Well hello, I learned a very quick lesson here, not all people are nice. I posted before I introduced my New member HELLO. I hope that I may continued my membership in this RV site.

I often am ask where do you live, my answer is where ever my head falls on a pillow to fall asleep these days, even if it is only for a few hours. Right now, I guess we are considered homeless.

How wonderful that so many people help people when in need, I have read over some of the threads and I truly think a lot of great ADVICE on repairs especially has been given. My thread is having some ups and downs, it is over my asking for lawyer advice in the Class A thread..... Some of the answers have helped us greatly, I am thankful for such kind people....

We had a very bad fire, I was rescued out of the fire. But plz don't pick me apart without knowing my story. But if you must then you must.....

I loved the RV life, I say loved as we are currently RV-less, so looking for tips on buying a used RV or maybe a home, also you could say shy, as I almost died in the RV fire, I am still healing from the fire and honestly I am that scared... I lost my one furbaby, even months later I am still trying to accept what happened, nightmares haunt me, at least not every night anymore, it is 4 am so as you can see I am awake at weird hours .......

Lots of simple mistakes were made, look at your insurance policy, show the agent my fire, and adjust your policy accordingly. I don't think anyone could have prepared for what happened....... But NOW PLZ PLZ LEARN FROM FROM OUR FIRE.....

http://www.statter911.com/2015/09/18/must-see-burning-rv-suv-roll-down-street-in-mt-pocono-pa/

You can google RV fire Mt Pocono PA. and more does come up on it.

I do take offense to how badly the fireman was ridiculed, REMEMBER HE CAME UPON THE FIRE ON HIS WAY HOME, I am asking that due to him first and foremost being a volunteer alone stop anyone from putting him down any more, but again if you must you must, he isn't perfect BUT MOST OF ALL, I'm sure his adrenaline was beyond rushing with the type of fire he was dealing with and at times he looks like he is very close to the fire but he really was not.

So HELLO FROM somewhere...... because it doesn't matter where I am, I try to remember I am alive which is to be a good thing....
Brenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2016, 08:12 AM   #2

Sorry for your loss.. sorry your previous thread didn't turn out as you wished..

I don't think you'll find a more supportive, intelligent and kind heart'd bunch than the people here on IRV2... unfortunately, most of us are not articulate enough to have our feelings of sympathy and empathy come thru the keyboard very well..

I wish you all the best in your endeavor of finding a new home/rv...
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:59 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
So sorry for your misfortune, but very thankful that you are alive to join us here on IRV2!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:30 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Sorry that you had a bad first experience. This forum has mostly considerate members. Sometimes what you mean to say doesn't come through in typing it out. I'd like to think that is what happened.

TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:54 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oh My, so scary. How awful for you. Sad you lost a fur baby too. Bad things happen, and you go on. I hope you find a place to land and can feel secure again.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:18 PM   #6

You have been through quite an ordeal. It will take some time until you once again feel safe and secure. Each day will be a little better and eventually you'll look back on this and see that you have the strength to get through anything.

We travel with our pets and that is the one thing that makes me the most nervous. Every time we leave the camper I'm on edge thinking about the animals. I'm sorry you lost your pet in such a difficult way.

The online world can be very harsh and unforgiving. It can also be a great source of knowledge, support, and kindness. I am glad that you shared your story. It has opened up conversations between myself and my husband and we have learned a great deal from your tragedy.

Better days are ahead. I wish you luck in finding a new home and hope you will soon be enjoying the RV life.

Tim's Wife
TravelingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 04:18 PM   #7

Thank you... Glad I stayed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
Sorry for your loss.. sorry your previous thread didn't turn out as you wished..

I don't think you'll find a more supportive, intelligent and kind heart'd bunch than the people here on IRV2... unfortunately, most of us are not articulate enough to have our feelings of sympathy and empathy come thru the keyboard very well..

I wish you all the best in your endeavor of finding a new home/rv...
Thank you, I decided to read the other threads and I am glad I did... I didn't mean to sound like I was looking for sympathy, it does in away look like that, but I just was being honest. I think it seems like a good place and people like you deff prove it is worth being a part of this forum!
Old 03-24-2016, 04:29 PM   #8

Thank you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
So sorry for your misfortune, but very thankful that you are alive to join us here on IRV2!

I am looking very forward to hopefully being a person that can provide some information of some type this forum. I am amazed at how many seem to jump right in and try to help others out when they post a problem.....
Have a great day and thank you for the welcome.....
Old 03-24-2016, 04:39 PM   #9

Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
Sorry that you had a bad first experience. This forum has mostly considerate members. Sometimes what you mean to say doesn't come through in typing it out. I'd like to think that is what happened.

I was very disappointed when I felt so personally attack. I couldn't believe how many felt they almost needed to questions my motives. I was very happy with the other responses I got that actually did help me in some ways. I was able to turn it around on how I felt and what I would do with the negative comments. I hope to decide soon on if we will return to full time RV or go back to a stick home. But if we stay full time RV I really think I will enjoy the site.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Oh My, so scary. How awful for you. Sad you lost a fur baby too. Bad things happen, and you go on. I hope you find a place to land and can feel secure again.
Thank you for your kind words. My greatest hope is that I maybe able to pass some of the stuff we learned about dealing with a fire on to others, that is why I stayed. No one could have ever prepared me in any way for such a devastating scenario..... Trying to even just go on isn't the easiest, but I take day by day..... Thank you again!
Old 03-24-2016, 05:13 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Brenna,
When I was 30 years old I was living in the back of my car out of work. Managed to go from that to getting a good job buying a 25 acre horse farm. When I was 57 I went into a diabetic comma while ridding my Harley. Spent two week in ICU and a list a mile long of all the things I broke. I ended up selling my home to pay the medical bills and helping pay for the two years I was in rehab. I am now disabled and live in pain everyday. I can not do the things I use to but have found other things that I can.

You have had a bad experience and each day will get better. Try to look for the good that life has to offer. Your loss has made me think twice about my furry friend who travels with us. I have decided to install an ARP control monitor for my Norcold refer for a little more safety after reading of your loss.

Wishing you well on your new adventure.
Old 03-24-2016, 05:19 PM   #12

Thank you Tim's wife....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingTim View Post
You have been through quite an ordeal. It will take some time until you once again feel safe and secure. Each day will be a little better and eventually you'll look back on this and see that you have the strength to get through anything.

We travel with our pets and that is the one thing that makes me the most nervous. Every time we leave the camper I'm on edge thinking about the animals. I'm sorry you lost your pet in such a difficult way.

The online world can be very harsh and unforgiving. It can also be a great source of knowledge, support, and kindness. I am glad that you shared your story. It has opened up conversations between myself and my husband and we have learned a great deal from your tragedy.

Better days are ahead. I wish you luck in finding a new home and hope you will soon be enjoying the RV life.

Tim's Wife
Thank you for your kind words. The main thing I hope is that some can learn from our devastation. The insurance coverage is the main thing I think I would tell everyone to check..... You would be amazed at the cost of replacing stuff and how much you can truly have inside your RV. A big false security was the fire box. We had our life cash savings in there, it melted along with everything else. We only owned the unit for 31 days. Long story on the life savings.... We lost a lot, WAY more than the insurance covers. You think your insurance will cover what you have, but most depreciate the cost like if it was over three years old you don't even get anything for it or the value is so low, so replacement cost is a must. Look at your coverage and think of different scenarios that can happen. Do you ever think of your RV rolling backwards while on fire through a town and causing so much damage to the property around you? I am a giver in this world and would never hurt anyone or their property. It is so awful and the devastating feelings I think will forever haunt me. The nightmares are awful, and dealing with it is just such a nightmare. There is so much you deal with, and I am just trying to take everything day by day. I honestly hope that I can at least help one person protect themselves and double check their insurance coverage.
Old 03-24-2016, 05:24 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You will learn to ignore the ones who don't answer your questions but are quick to tell you everything you did wrong (in their opinion). I almost quit this site over the same kind of responses to one of my questions.

Keep the faith

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 03:31 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post

US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire